Andrea Arcello Is Coming Back Stronger Than Ever!

show your creations and works in progress(WIP)
note: this is not a classified post forum
artist andrea

Andrea Arcello Is Coming Back Stronger Than Ever!

Post by artist andrea »

Thank you to my loyal fans who continue to love and support me.
Last edited by artist andrea on Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LynnW

Re: Andrea Arcello Is Coming Back Stronger Than Ever!

Post by LynnW »

Hi Andrea, this is a wonderful promotion and extending the warranty to three years is also just so amazing. Thank you so much for offering this to all of us :heart:
On YouTube: Little Foot Nursery - youtube.com/c/LittleFootNursery
On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/littlefootnursery1/
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

She is extending this offer to any original owners of dolls made by Andrea Arcello, prior to baby Poppy who have had verifiable silicone breakdown solely related to the pouring. (of no fault by Andrea Arcello herself) Does not apply to dolls that have been altered, misused or abused.

Was it necessary to add that when you have no idea what happened with the dolls, the blame game is for children? Honestly this makes me so mad.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
Sandis Doll House

Post by Sandis Doll House »

I totally agree Georgeanne. Even though she is offering an amazing 3 year warranty, it's still in the back of folks minds the silicone breakdown nightmare. I've always been taught to take responsibility for my own actions not try to defer the blame to anyone else. Luckily my Summer is still fine but I'd be hard pressed to sell her for $50 just because of the negative backlash. It's such a shame. Both are incredible artist. Newer silicone dolls are so far out of my price range till it's not even funny.
artist andrea

Post by artist andrea »

You can try to ruin this for people, or you can take it as a gesture to do something for those people who's dolls have degraded. I think the negativity should stop. All that I know is that I paid for premium silicone and followed the instructions to a T. This shouldn't be happening to me. I am taking responsibility for my customers sake not because I caused any of this degradation. Because I care about the art of doll making and for my collectors.

Also, we have done and are continuing to do some investigating with smooth on to see what happened with those first pours. They have told us it was a pouring issue, we are now trying to pinpoint what exactly. I don't intend to blame anyone, just explain that I did everything by the book and ordered the best silicone and that this was out of my control. Now I would like to do what I can to make people happy.
Andrea
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

artist andrea wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:49 pm You can try to ruin this for people, or you can take it as a gesture to do something for those people who's dolls have degraded. I think the negativity should stop. All that I know is that I paid for premium silicone and followed the instructions to a T. This shouldn't be happening to me. I am taking responsibility for my customers sake not because I caused any of this degradation. Because I care about the art of doll making and for my collectors.

Also, we have done and are continuing to do some investigating with smooth on to see what happened with those first pours. They have told us it was a pouring issue, we are now trying to pinpoint what exactly. I don't intend to blame anyone, just explain that I did everything by the book and ordered the best silicone and that this was out of my control. Now I would like to do what I can to make people happy.
Andrea
Then you need to stop it yourself that was the point of my post. You are continuing to add to the drama yourself by that statement. Truth is no one knows what happened and I refuse to blame Michelle or you because I don't know the facts. Stop pointing fingers yourself and perhaps it will stop.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

Beautiful baby. But given the history, I will pass.
Hugs,
Nadia

artist andrea

Post by artist andrea »

Georgeanne that was not my intent. I removed that statement and sorry if it upset you.
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

Thank you Andrea my post wasn't meant to make you think I was attacking you because I will not place blame on you or anyone unless I know the facts. I hate all this and wish none of this had ever happened and I could magically fix it for everyone involved, but I can't. I just want everyone to go on and learn from this. I want all artists to continue creating their beautiful babies and dolls and have no more drama for any of you ever again.

artist andrea

Post by artist andrea »

It's okay! I know I agree with you so much! I wish everything could go perfectly and would have from the start. There is nothing more that I wish than for everyone to be happy!
Marina Blue

Post by Marina Blue »

Andrea, I am very happy that you stand strong with head up! You are an amazing artist and nobody can take it from you - God given talent! I am so proud of you - that you can fly above haters and after getting a hard lesson still remain loyal to all your customers and fans of your work! I am very happy to see that you have learned the hard process off silicone making yourself to be more free and independent. I know it is not an easy job and those who has tried it understand it very well....It is generous of you to extend warranty and give great offers and discounts to those who have suffered ...I think it is very honest and professional move and I really appreciate it as I totally realise that problems of your previous dolls didn't depend on your work but you were totally blamed for it. The babies are gorgeous as usual and I hope I will be getting a new baby from you soon as nothing holds the real OOAK features like silicone, being the closest copy but yet is not fragile as polymer clay or resin baby....Reborn kits you produce are also amazingly beautiful - but silicone is the closest to what an artist created with hands. Thank you for giving us this opportunity! Keep up the amazing job !!! Lots of love, Marina :heart: :heart: :heart:
Hugs,
Marina

Post by NiSchi »

I think BOTH of your new babies are AMAZING Andrea :heart: :heart: :heart: ...!!!
Truly masterpieces :elephant: ...!!

As I only made very good experiences with you in the past I really wouldn`t hesitate adopting from you again :baby: .

Dolly HUGS - Nicole
robinsmithsc

Post by robinsmithsc »

Hello Andrea ,
I have some reborns from your sculpts & I'm a big fan of your artistry.
That said, I am quite put off by your insistance to blame others.
My husband is a homebuilder . He uses subcontractors for various parts of construction & suppliers for materials used , but if there is a problem with a subcontractors work or material from a supplier HE IS RESPONSIBLE TO THE CLIENT. He might have words with the subcontractor but he never whines to the client that the person HE HIRED to do the job did a bad job or used bad materials. He would never tell a client they should take it up with the subcontractor HE HIRED if they have an issue later . It is HIS RESPONSIBILITY TO MAKE IT RIGHT , & then deal with the subcontractor or supplier as he sees fit,privately.
The only exception would be if the client insisted on using a particular material or subcontractor that my husband didn't hire ,purchase or warned the client there could be an issue before a decision is made.
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE QUALITY .The sale was through you.
Your name ,which gives you a selling advantage over lesser known silicone sculptors, is on these dolls .
What you work out with whoever you think is responsible for the dolls falling apart should have no bearing on doing the right thing for your customers.
You knew there was a problem but didn't offer a full replacement or refund. Instead you offer a discount IF THEY BUY ANOTHER DOLL :banghead:
That your reputation is not what it once was is not because dolls fell apart or someone publically complained, but WHAT YOU CHOSE TO DO ABOUT IT. Continuing to state "not my fault" only turns me off.
I now know ,directly from you , that you will not fully stand behind your work . Why on Earth would I spend thousands of dollars knowing that? :dunno:
Too many other silicones out there to choose from.
Sandras Dreams

Post by Sandras Dreams »

Let me interject. The silicone breakdown actually doesn't have to do with the painter :wink:. The silicone itself breaks down, adding paint will not cause the tearing, crumbling etc. If the silicone is going to break down, it will do that regardless of the paint on top.. This is a fact. Peeling happens almost always because the silicone has issues to begin with....true story. This is all that Andrea means... I agree that those words may not have been the best for her to have used or included, but the offer she is giving is very fair and I hope that we can be less like elephants (they remember everything :lol: ) and let the artist prove herself anew..... and I love that sleeping baby! I don't collect sleepers, but this one tempts me :lol: !!!
georgeanne wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:00 pm She is extending this offer to any original owners of dolls made by Andrea Arcello, prior to baby Poppy who have had verifiable silicone breakdown solely related to the pouring. (of no fault by Andrea Arcello herself) Does not apply to dolls that have been altered, misused or abused.

Was it necessary to add that when you have no idea what happened with the dolls, the blame game is for children? Honestly this makes me so mad.
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

Sandras Dreams wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:31 pm Let me interject. The silicone breakdown actually doesn't have to do with the painter :wink:. The silicone itself breaks down, adding paint will not cause the tearing, crumbling etc. If the silicone is going to break down, it will do that regardless of the paint on top.. This is a fact. Peeling happens almost always because the silicone has issues to begin with....true story. This is all that Andrea means... I agree that those words may not have been the best for her to have used or included, but the offer she is giving is very fair and I hope that we can be less like elephants (they remember everything :lol: ) and let the artist prove herself anew..... and I love that sleeping baby! I don't collect sleepers, but this one tempts me :lol: !!!
georgeanne wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:00 pm She is extending this offer to any original owners of dolls made by Andrea Arcello, prior to baby Poppy who have had verifiable silicone breakdown solely related to the pouring. (of no fault by Andrea Arcello herself) Does not apply to dolls that have been altered, misused or abused.

Sandra, you missed my point entirely. WE, NONE of us know what happened because we weren't there. I will not place blame on Michelle or Andrea and no one else should either because WE don't know and constantly going back and forth does no good. That is my point.

NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

robinsmithsc wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:45 pm Hello Andrea ,
My husband is a homebuilder . He uses subcontractors for various parts of construction & suppliers for materials used , but if there is a problem with a subcontractors work or material from a supplier HE IS RESPONSIBLE TO THE CLIENT. He might have words with the subcontractor but he never whines to the client that the person HE HIRED to do the job did a bad job or used bad materials. He would never tell a client they should take it up with the subcontractor HE HIRED if they have an issue later . It is HIS RESPONSIBILITY TO MAKE IT RIGHT , & then deal with the subcontractor or supplier as he sees fit,privately.
The only exception would be if the client insisted on using a particular material or subcontractor that my husband didn't hire ,purchase or warned the client there could be an issue before a decision is made.
Your name ,which gives you a selling advantage over lesser known silicone sculptors, is on these dolls .
What you work out with whoever you think is responsible for the dolls falling apart should have no bearing on doing the right thing for your customers.
You knew there was a problem but didn't offer a full replacement or refund. Instead you offer a discount IF THEY BUY ANOTHER DOLL :banghead:
That your reputation is not what it once was is not because dolls fell apart or someone publically complained, but WHAT YOU CHOSE TO DO ABOUT IT. Continuing to state "not my fault" only turns me off.
I now know ,directly from you , that you will not fully stand behind your work . Why on Earth would I spend thousands of dollars knowing that? :dunno:
Very well stated !!!!
Hugs,
Nadia

robinsmithsc

Post by robinsmithsc »

Sandras Dreams wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:31 pm Let me interject. The silicone breakdown actually doesn't have to do with the painter :wink:. The silicone itself breaks down, adding paint will not cause the tearing, crumbling etc. If the silicone is going to break down, it will do that regardless of the paint on top.. This is a fact. Peeling happens almost always because the silicone has issues to begin with....true story. This is all that Andrea means... I agree that those words may not have been the best for her to have used or included, but the offer she is giving is very fair and I hope that we can be less like elephants (they remember everything :lol: ) and let the artist prove herself anew..... and I love that sleeping baby! I don't collect sleepers, but this one tempts me :lol: !!!

My understanding is , ( correct me if I'm wrong) Andrea was blaming another well known sculptor who did the pour for the Summer FBS .Those are the dolls that had silicone breakdown, heads & limbs falling off.
The painting issue came up when discussing the Lucas Elliot sculpt . Some were poured by Claire Taylor & the rest by Andrea. The issues with Lucas Elliots poured by Andrea were confirmed by one of Andrea's assistants in a post on another thread.
If you spend thousands on a doll that you display , care for , & it falls apart ( this was a known issue to Andrea as it happened to several) a $500 discount IF YOU BUY ANOTHER DOLL is not really a good deal. In addition , those who still have Summers can't resell at an expected price , if at all. Who goes through this then says " yeah, give me some more of that -here's another several thousand dollars & thanks for the discount" ?
I only discovered silicones & reborns 11 months ago & they've brought me a lot of happiness. I've been moving up to higher quality babies of both mediums & find this so disheartening.
My 2nd granddaughter had a tongue thrust just like Andrea's new sleeper & I was hoping she might be my first full body silicone. Sad
Jenny

Post by Jenny »

Beautifully said! I am a professional photographer and I depend on my professional lab to print my work, reprints, and enlargements correctly! If my customer is not pleased with the coloring of the image, the photoshop work, anything I take full responsibility. I can not blame it on the lab. I fix the problem by dealing with the lab myself, I take full responsibility and I handle having the problem fixed and product corrected at my expense.
Last edited by Jenny on Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bonniehaha

Post by Bonniehaha »

Very well said!