SHE WILL HAVE NEW HAIR SOON TYVM- poor reborn baby :(

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Angelicabeb

SHE WILL HAVE NEW HAIR SOON TYVM- poor reborn baby :(

Post by Angelicabeb »

I recently adopted a sweet baby girl.
Her pictures looked very nice.
When she arrived I loved everything about her except she had 2 boo-boos that were not disclosed to me :(
She has 2 bald spots on her head, 1 very large and 1 small. You can see that she had hair in these bald spots but for some reason it is no longer there in these 2 areas :dunno:
When I showed the seller pictures of her bald spots on the reborn soon after I received her, she said that she had no idea how that happened. She stated that she did not reborn her and does not have the correct hair to fix her even if she wanted too.

What would you do and please let me know how much it would cost to repair these 2 bald spots.

Here is the reborn and her bald spots:
Last edited by Angelicabeb on Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Thank you,
Angelica

Debbie

Re: Please help me help this poor reborn baby :(

Post by Debbie »

It doesn't look like the hair was sealed inside the head. It's just coming out. : ( It needs to be rerooted and SEALED! I'd be happy to help you if you need.
lastingmemoriesnursery_Debra

Post by lastingmemoriesnursery_Debra »

If she did not disclose the booboos are you still wanting to keep the baby or return her? It is going to cost you more to have her fixed are you willing to do that? The hair really needs to be removed and her head re-rooted then sealed properly.
Angelicabeb

Post by Angelicabeb »

Debbie wrote:It doesn't look like the hair was sealed inside the head. It's just coming out. : ( It needs to be rerooted and SEALED! I'd be happy to help you if you need.
Thank you Debbie :D
Please let me know how it would cost to repair her?
Thank you,
Angelica

Angelicabeb

Post by Angelicabeb »

heatherisdolliecrazy wrote:aww poor baby. Although i am not a reborn artist i think she can be fixed. You probably just need a reborn artist to maybe fill in her bald spots as best they can and they glue the hair inside to make sure no more comes out. She is a sweet baby
Thank you Heather. I do not know how to root, but I think I could seal her hair once she was rerooted.
Thank you,
Angelica

lifesabeachbabyKim

Post by lifesabeachbabyKim »

I really don't think it is fair to you to have to put out more money on fixing her when the seller didn't disclose this info about her missing hair. Maybe she needs to accept a return or maybe help pay for the repair cause that isn't fair to you especially since she is not willing to repair her for you.
Angelicabeb

Post by Angelicabeb »

lastingmemoriesnursery_Debra wrote:If she did not disclose the booboos are you still wanting to keep the baby or return her? It is going to cost you more to have her fixed are you willing to do that? The hair really needs to be removed and her head re-rooted then sealed properly.
Thank you Debra. I am not sure, I really love her so I wanted to keep her. I am just upset over all of this.
You do not think that just the spots could be rerooted and then sealed?
I cannot afford to put anymore money into her. That is why I trying to figure out the best course of action.
Thank you,
Angelica

Angelicabeb

Post by Angelicabeb »

lifesabeachbabyKim wrote:I really don't think it is fair to you to have to put out more money on fixing her when the seller didn't disclose this info about her missing hair. Maybe she needs to accept a return or maybe help pay for the repair cause that isn't fair to you especially since she is not willing to repair her for you.
Thank you Kim.
I too was hoping the same thing. I let her know that I was posting this and would get back to her ASAP.
Thank you,
Angelica

Traci

Post by Traci »

If you are happy with the rest of the rooting there is no reason why you couldn't just fill in the bald spots and seal the hair from the inside.
Angelicabeb

Post by Angelicabeb »

Traci wrote:If you are happy with the rest of the rooting there is no reason why you couldn't just fill in the bald spots and seal the hair from the inside.
Thank you Traci.
That's what I thought, but I do not know how to reborn at all :oops:
Just wanted to know how much it will cost and I can afford to put out any more money for this sweet baby.
Thank you,
Angelica

georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

How weird that she wouldn't know how that happened. That's pretty obvious to me. It looks like the hair was cut way down by the top of the head since there is still hairs in the holes. Seems like if the hair just wasn't sealed the hair would just come out of the holes. But I am just speculating. Honestly Angelica I just think you should get a refund and perhaps look for another baby who is well done.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
Monique_B

Post by Monique_B »

It honestly looks like it was shaved with electric trimmers. Like when kids get into them and buzz random spots when mom is in another room. The hair showing from the vinyl looks like stubble to me. I would find someone who could just fill in the spots then have her head sealed really well inside. I'm sure she could be fixed good as new and will be adorable!!
JenLee

Post by JenLee »

My guess would be the hair IS sealed - and somebody ripped at the hair, causing it to break near the vinyl. It would explain why they are still barely rooted but it's bald. If it was trimmed with clippers the hair around it would show a cut line (used to be a dog groomer). This looks purposeful. What I would imagine if my two year old wanted to rip out some hair
robincarrol

Post by robincarrol »

If you don't get anywhere with the seller let me know. I will root and seal her for you at no charge.

Here are pics of my work. A thought just went through my head... are you sure she is vinyl or is she silicone? She looks like a Malloy baby. Either way I can fix her for you. If she is solid silicone you just don't seal her but use a different needle to root the hair deeper.

elise1114

Post by elise1114 »

Your rooting is beautiful Robin!
Warm regards,
Cher Elise

robincarrol

Post by robincarrol »

Thank you Elise. :D
lifesabeachbabyKim

Post by lifesabeachbabyKim »

Aww that was nice of you Robin, I was going to offer too but Robin beat me to it. Nice rooting!
Angelicabeb

Post by Angelicabeb »

georgeanne wrote:How weird that she wouldn't know how that happened. That's pretty obvious to me. It looks like the hair was cut way down by the top of the head since there is still hairs in the holes. Seems like if the hair just wasn't sealed the hair would just come out of the holes. But I am just speculating. Honestly Angelica I just think you should get a refund and perhaps look for another baby who is well done.
Thank you Georgeanne. I honestly have no idea what happened to her hair. It is sealed though so that really makes me wonder. I really love her though! She is a very sweet baby :D
Thank you,
Angelica

Angelicabeb

Post by Angelicabeb »

Monique_B wrote:It honestly looks like it was shaved with electric trimmers. Like when kids get into them and buzz random spots when mom is in another room. The hair showing from the vinyl looks like stubble to me. I would find someone who could just fill in the spots then have her head sealed really well inside. I'm sure she could be fixed good as new and will be adorable!!
Thank you Monique. She does have hair stubble in those spots. Not sure of a electric trimmer or not :dunno:
I guess I will never really know.
I hope she can be fixed good as new
Thank you,
Angelica

Angelicabeb

SHE WILL HAVE NEW SOON TYVM- help this poor reborn baby :(

Post by Angelicabeb »

JenLee wrote:My guess would be the hair IS sealed - and somebody ripped at the hair, causing it to break near the vinyl. It would explain why they are still barely rooted but it's bald. If it was trimmed with clippers the hair around it would show a cut line (used to be a dog groomer). This looks purposeful. What I would imagine if my two year old wanted to rip out some hair
Thank you JenLee
It does look like the hair was broken off some how. I wish I was told of this before adopting her.
Last edited by Angelicabeb on Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thank you,
Angelica