Presley kits on eBay

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Ginas_reborns

Presley kits on eBay

Post by Ginas_reborns »

Auctions are popping up for the Presley kit on eBay but look at this one in the UK I came across the other day claiming she has it in stock and more than 10 available!?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Reborn-Presley- ... 2c8c3498d1
JaNan

Re: Presley kits on eBay

Post by JaNan »

hmmm..interesting! wonder how she got them so fast? Lots of changes at BB ..maybe they have dealers now? :dunno:
Dolly Hugs JaNan
RobertaPolniak

Post by RobertaPolniak »

I wanted one....and didn't get the "heads up" email...by the time I saw they were available..they were sold out..... I knew they would be available somewhere at twice or more of the price...
Roberta
JaNan

Post by JaNan »

I got the email about 1:08 AM..but had just gone to bed ....I had forgotten all about him. when I checked in about 7 AM they still had him....didn't sell out till afternoon I think .... I think their will be more...wonder what they will do with their seconds? :dunno:
Dolly Hugs JaNan
Andreas_Dream_Babies

Post by Andreas_Dream_Babies »

Hmm, I don't know, but I love your siggy baby, Gina!
lifesabeachbabyKim

Post by lifesabeachbabyKim »

JaNan wrote:I got the email about 1:08 AM..but had just gone to bed ....I had forgotten all about him. when I checked in about 7 AM they still had him....didn't sell out till afternoon I think .... I think their will be more...wonder what they will do with their seconds? :dunno:
Yeah, that was what I was wondering and went to the site last night to see if they had any seconds or parts and they only have the sold out listing. I think BB must have sent a number of kits to the UK to dealers since Tinks has them too. I still can't figure out how Tinks can be still doing pre orders if the kits are sold out at BB. I also think it sucks they they are more than twice the price in the UK. Not fair to anyone.(except the dealers of course)
CaliforniaMel

Post by CaliforniaMel »

BB said on the BB forum that they will be getting replacements for the defective kits and that those would eventually be for sale...? I don't know what they'll be doing with the defective kits but I think they said they will not be selling those as seconds.
Image[/URL]
TinyTimms_Doris

Post by TinyTimms_Doris »

Yes, Nevin said the defective kits they would not be selling.
Ginas_reborns

Post by Ginas_reborns »

Well I find it all very confusing and certainly not knocking BB but I wish info on how this was being done was a bit more straight forward. Just by chance I ran across Nevin's post the night of Presley's release about the time in which the kit would become available. Although I got the email at 1am it would not have done me any good if I had not known ahead of time as I am not up at that hour. I also thought I read somewhere that there would be no other dealers, that BB worked alone so to speak. I think I also saw a post here on df where someone contacted Tink's and said they didn't have the kits but where hoping to get him when he was released and other people not liking that. :dunno: Like I said confusing getting second hand info from all over. I posted the above link tho because this eBayer claims they are in stock when I suspect they are not. I really hate when sellers do that! But again....maybe I have it twisted and this is a legit dealer. I did not read anything from BB saying they could be bought elsewhere. x

Roberta ~ Hang in because they are releasing around 100 more kits in a few weeks to make up for the defective ones. I am assuming those will be sold on the BB site. Sign up for a notification email. Good luck ~ x

Andrea ~ thank you very much! xo
SharonL

Post by SharonL »

This really irritates me. If you aren't someone who stays up all night refreshing a site, you miss out on buying even ONE of the darn kits. THEN before they've even shipped, someone who bought a bunch is selling them on ebay for double. :evil: :banghead:

I keep telling myself I won't get sucked into this kind of thing again, but I'm a really slow learner, apparently. Profit is the name of the game. Nothing but profit. I guess this is the American way, though, isn't it? :banghead:

Why don't they just sell them to the dealers in batches of a dozen or 15, then 100 sellers can market them to the rest of us at double the price?

I'm all for making a profit...not slamming that. It just gets old. I guess I should realize that it's every man (or woman) for himself in the doll world, and it's no different than any other business.

I hope this cures me of this habit I have of buying these things. :banghead:

Thanks for listening to my rant. :mrgreen:
SharonL
We now live in Virginia, about 20 miles south of Richmond.
Any dolly lovers, bear lovers, around?
SharonL

Post by SharonL »

I just got an email saying that there will be no more Presley (sleepers)
You requested that Bountiful Baby notify you when item #4840, Realborn(R) Presley - Sleeping is back in stock. This item has been removed from the Bountiful Baby website, because we do not expect it to be restocked in the foreseeable future. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.
And another email saying
" Hi Everyone, due to the massive amount of orders yesterday for Presley Asleep, Bountiful Baby will be a little behind on shipped for the next few days."

I sure hope these dolls didn't get "over ordered", or the dealers already selling them on Ebay and on their websites might have a problem.

But the seller from the UK on Ebay says she has them in stock, so I guess the dealers do get first dibs. :dunno: And it looks like Tinkerbells still has up the Pre-Order options.

I'm going to use this as a learning experience (which I've said in the past :banghead: ) I'll buy what I can afford, that's already available. (I'm saying it over and over.) :toast:

That said, I can't wait to see all the beautiful Presley reborns that will be showing up for sale. Good luck everyone! :foryou:
Last edited by SharonL on Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
SharonL
Ginny W

Post by Ginny W »

I also read no one else would be a dealer of Bountiful Baby's limited edition kits. Keep in mind UPS has an over night service if you are willing to pay the cost. plus they give businesses great prices I have heard. . Also keep in mind that the reason the kits are so much higher in the UK is first they have all the shipping costs, then they have to pay import duties, plus they have a vat fee as well. The taxes and fees are crazy over there. Customs alone is 30%! See why we broke free from that country many long years ago now? LOL :mrgreen:
Newest WIP baby at..
Loving Touch Nursery
Visit all her photo album on FB
https://www.facebook.com/ginny.westley/ ... 317&type=3
CaliforniaMel

Post by CaliforniaMel »

The media manager at BB said resellers would NOT be getting advanced shipments.

So I don't see how that one ebay seller could be telling the truth about having kits in hand.

I'm not judging, I just don't see any other possible answer.
Image[/URL]
Ginny W

Post by Ginny W »

She would have them if she paid for the over night UPS and Bountiful Baby filled her order right away. So is very possible. :mrgreen:
Newest WIP baby at..
Loving Touch Nursery
Visit all her photo album on FB
https://www.facebook.com/ginny.westley/ ... 317&type=3
Ginas_reborns

Post by Ginas_reborns »

Ginny W wrote:She would have them if she paid for the over night UPS and Bountiful Baby filled her order right away. So is very possible. :mrgreen:

Wow bet that would cost a pretty penny! Well she has sold 12 now and still has more than 10 available so maybe...
Jasmin

Post by Jasmin »

Will each Presley kit come with the beautiful Bountiful Baby Realborn presentation box ?
My Prince Charming Humphrey Elliott Lucas by Andrea Arcello
SharonL

Post by SharonL »

She must have some kind of permission from BB to pre-sell the kits, and she's also using their page from the BB site for her sales.
SharonL
Ginas_reborns

Post by Ginas_reborns »

Jasmin wrote:Will each Presley kit come with the beautiful Bountiful Baby Realborn presentation box ?

You know what I think so! Someone posted on FB today their kit and it was in a special box. She posted that she lives so close to BB that she just drove over and picked up her order. Looks like it came with a certificate too. x
Jasmin

Post by Jasmin »

Ginas_reborns wrote:
Jasmin wrote:Will each Presley kit come with the beautiful Bountiful Baby Realborn presentation box ?

You know what I think so! Someone posted on FB today their kit and it was in a special box. She posted that she lives so close to BB that she just drove over and picked up her order. Looks like it came with a certificate too. x
Thank you Gina !
My Prince Charming Humphrey Elliott Lucas by Andrea Arcello
Royal Ascot Reborns Caz

Post by Royal Ascot Reborns Caz »

That's Mandy Chapman here in the UK, she sells a LOT of BB kits & probably did have a deal because she has them & is posting them out.
Through FB she was selling them slightly cheaper than on ebay (can't blame her, no ebay fees) I tried getting one for a lady to make a custom but after asking a couple of times I got nowhere so have gone to Tinks.
Just remember how many times this craziness happens & then how many more nice kits come out after. I lost interest in the madness a couple of months ago. I don't know how people do it over n over. My blood pressure is high enough lol