My Presley arrived today!

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
HushabyeMargie

My Presley arrived today!

Post by HushabyeMargie »

And he is exquisite! I haven't been this much in love with a kit since Jayden. Even DH was impressed with the detail.

I would be really curious to see if other producers follow suit in this. This could change dolly world forever.
Blessings!
Margie
Hushabye Babies
Ginny W

Re: My Presley arrived today!

Post by Ginny W »

I think I read that the scanner used is quite expensive and I think BB had to develop the software also. :mrgreen: I really like my Presley kit a lot also.
Newest WIP baby at..
Loving Touch Nursery
Visit all her photo album on FB
https://www.facebook.com/ginny.westley/ ... 317&type=3
Wyattsmommy_Cassandra

Post by Wyattsmommy_Cassandra »

Mine came today too! I really love the presentation box for the finished baby! I was worried because someone had posted they didn't think he was quite as detailed as other kits, but I think he's amazing! His limbs are wonderful and I adore his ears! His head is a tad bigger than I expected, but still incredibly adorable :heart:
Suzanne

Post by Suzanne »

Mine probably did too. But I won't be home until Sunday to find out. :cry:
ariliv2_Amy

Post by ariliv2_Amy »

Mine came today too, Margie. I have to say, I am so impressed with the detailing of this kit (I had to show my hubby too :lol: ). Those limbs are absolutely amazing! I can't wait to start him. I'm also really excited for the release of the other Realborn kits.

Hugs,
Amy

http://www.amysdollhouse.com/
Amy
Amy's Dollhouse
Beth

Post by Beth »

He is an adorable little sweetie. He's got a pretty face. I love mine!
Hugs,
Beth
bornanna

Post by bornanna »

:elephant: Mine arrived also...took photos and enjoyed every moment! I also enjoyed ordering and receiving within a short period of time...
He is a cutie! :heart:
Ginny W

Post by Ginny W »

I really liked how Bountiful Baby worked it where you paid and got the kit right away instead of paying and waiting and waiting and waiting for the finished kits. That really gets old after a while.
Newest WIP baby at..
Loving Touch Nursery
jubileejulie

Post by jubileejulie »

I love that he is completely proportioned and that his head is true to life newborn size. I hate the presentation boxes. I ordered 4 kits and now I have to store the stupid boxes. If I decide to make one for a doll show, I'll have to haul the boxes along. My package was delivered in the rain and the rain soaked through one corner of the box and totally water soaked and stained one of the presentation boxes. I threw that one away since one baby is for me and I don't want a box to display him in. I really don't know who would display their baby in a box and I am tempted to throw all of them away. It is going to cost more to ship in these boxes since they are so large and finding a bigger box for them to fit inside for shipping is going to be difficult.
Last edited by jubileejulie on Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
KrisMButtercup

Post by KrisMButtercup »

I love BB - talk about instant gratification! I am so thrilled that when I see a doll kit I want and order it, it is on my porch within days. Now THAT is service! Truly appreciated, BB.

KrisMButtercup
Beth

Post by Beth »

jubileej wrote:I love that he is completely proportioned and that his head is true to life newborn size. I hate the presentation boxes. I ordered 4 kits and now I have to store the stupid boxes. If I decide to make one for a doll show, I'll have to haul the boxes along. My package was delivered in the rain and the rain soaked through one corner of the box and totally water soaked and stained one of the presentation boxes. I threw that one away since one baby is for me and I don't want a box to display him in. I really don't know who would display their baby in a box and I am tempted to through all of them away. It is going to cost more to ship in these boxes since they are so large and finding a bigger box for them to fit inside for shipping is going to be difficult.
Hi Julie if you do want to throw a box away Angie's boxes got dented on one end she might take them. I love presentation boxes BUT I think once the new
is over they/doll will be put in the box and forgotten about. Kind of like out of sight out of mind.
Hugs,
Beth
Susy

Post by Susy »

Got my Presley and was shocked by the size of the box. But when I opened the box I impressed that BB had added this beautiful box. I'm really impressed at how the detail of the real baby transferred into this kit. This technology will change doll making worldwide. I'm excited to get started on my Babes.
For those that bought more than one kit. I say to them don't complain because you hoarded more than one kit. Those that could not get a kit because you just had to have 4! Consider yourself blessed! I can see maybe buying one extra to sell. But 4 well that is greedy in my humble opinion
Jasmin

Post by Jasmin »

Susy wrote:Got my Presley and was shocked by the size of the box. But when I opened the box I impressed that BB had added this beautiful box. I'm really impressed at how the detail of the real baby transferred into this kit. This technology will change doll making worldwide.

I was impressed too by the beautiful representation of this kit. I really am very pleased my Presley came with such a beautiful box and COA. He will be off to an Artist soon to get reborned and I am so looking forward to seeing him done.
My Prince Charming Humphrey Elliott Lucas by Andrea Arcello
jubileejulie

Post by jubileejulie »

Susy wrote:Got my Presley and was shocked by the size of the box. But when I opened the box I impressed that BB had added this beautiful box. I'm really impressed at how the detail of the real baby transferred into this kit. This technology will change doll making worldwide. I'm excited to get started on my Babes.
For those that bought more than one kit. I say to them don't complain because you hoarded more than one kit. Those that could not get a kit because you just had to have 4! Consider yourself blessed! I can see maybe buying one extra to sell. But 4 well that is greedy in my humble opinion
This kit went on sale at midnight and was not even sold out by noon. I think everyone had ample time to get their orders in. I do not think I was being greedy at all by ordering four. I am sure that there were others that ordered even more than me.
jubileejulie

Post by jubileejulie »

Beth wrote:Hi Julie if you do want to throw a box away Angie's boxes got dented on one end she might take them. I love presentation boxes BUT I think once the new
is over they/doll will be put in the box and forgotten about. Kind of like out of sight out of mind.
Hi Beth, I am not sure yet whether I will throw them out. I think they are numbered to go with the kit so I am not sure if Angie would want mine since it would not match her number but thanks for the heads up and if I do decide I don't want the boxes I will ask her and post here to see if anyone else wants them before I pitch them.
Beth

Post by Beth »

Julie your right I forgot about that on the end. :D
Hugs,
Beth
Ginny W

Post by Ginny W »

I was just washing my Presley kit here....oh those ears..... :heart: :heart: I am hoping the sculpting people will take note of how the bottom lobes look on a real baby. There are so many sculpts where the ears just have such a huge attached bottom lobe...it makes me not want to buy the sculpt. ugh... :( I love the true to life sculpts so much.
Newest WIP baby at..
Loving Touch Nursery
Beth

Post by Beth »

HushabyeMargie wrote:And he is exquisite! I haven't been this much in love with a kit since Jayden. Even DH was impressed with the detail.

I would be really curious to see if other producers follow suit in this. This could change dolly world forever.
I'm with you he is exquisite. I have been putting different bodies to see what fits him the best. So in the pic. the body isn't all filled out.
So he might look a little odd. But sitting in the bouncer even with no paint he looks so real.
Hugs,
Beth
debi reborn classics

Post by debi reborn classics »

I got mine today and he's wonderful! :elephant:

I LOVE the beautiful presentation box and the certificate that came with him! Thank you, Bountiful Babies!
JaNan

Post by JaNan »

I haven't found the larger boxes to be much (if any) more to ship . maybe take the dimensions and go to USPS.com online and play with the shipping and see...I think it is a nice way to "present" a reborn to a customer..they may well throw the box away but first impressions only happen once! :wink:
(that is why I hate to wad a reborn up and cram it in a priority box)..I try to use Uline boxes..a bit better...but sometimes you just gotta do what ya gotta do :(
Dolly Hugs JaNan