I bought a doll I hate!!!! UPDATE WITH MORE PICS!

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
ColorbyCarina

I bought a doll I hate!!!! UPDATE WITH MORE PICS!

Post by ColorbyCarina »

Ok haha don't get too excited lol. Let me explain. I bought a sculpt who I really never cared for. I hated her crunched facial expression. I just never in my life thought I could find it in my heart to like this baby. Until I saw this version of her. Now please don't get me wrong, there are some beautifully made versions of this doll, but none of them "spoke to me"

So without further suspense, please meet my new baby: the girl I never thought I'd like lol

She is Polly by Rachel Myard painted by Tess Tucker of pearl of a girl nursery. I am obsessed with her color and texturing!! I am her second mommy and she will be traveling all th way from Australia! I really can not wait!! I have been CRAVING a nice big baby and this one is a mega chunk at 22" and over 7 pounds!! I have decided to name her Kyra :heart:
Last edited by ColorbyCarina on Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DollyBabeChris

Re: I bought a doll I hate!!!!

Post by DollyBabeChris »

She is a cutie! I hope she arrives safe and soon!
Chris

pudditat

Post by pudditat »

She's STUNNING Nina! Congratulations!!! I made a prototype of this kit. My very first. I wanted to keep it. She's very cuddly, hey? Enjoy your new bundle of joy!
bornanna

Post by bornanna »

I must admit...she grows on you...I felt the same way when I first saw her scrunchie face, oh and Sawyer and dare I say it...Everleigh...I now LOVE them all!
lifesabeachbabyKim

Post by lifesabeachbabyKim »

bornanna wrote:I must admit...she grows on you...I felt the same way when I first saw her scrunchie face, oh and Sawyer and dare I say it...Everleigh...I now LOVE them all!
And don't forget Bella! lol!

Tess did a fab job on this baby. Well done Tess!
Tina

Post by Tina »

She is beautiful Carina, Congratulations on her adoption. x
ColorbyCarina

Post by ColorbyCarina »

pudditat wrote:She's STUNNING Nina! Congratulations!!! I made a prototype of this kit. My very first. I wanted to keep it. She's very cuddly, hey? Enjoy your new bundle of joy!
Yes Susan how can I forget get your prototype! You did an AMAZING job, as always my friend :) There is just something about this color combo on her that made me fall hard lol. Im don't have her yet, but I'm sure the cuddling will be awesome!!
Kelliegirl

Post by Kelliegirl »

Hee hee hee……….you had me going there for a moment! Lol! :lol:

She is adorable!! It's funny that I we don't like a sculpt and then how one is reborned by an artist can completely change your mind and we fall in love! That's happened to me a time or two!! :wink:

Congratulations Carina!! :heart: :D
Hugs, Kellie :D

~*Precious Baby Girl*~
britanie28532

Post by britanie28532 »

She is soooo sweet!!
Congrats Carina! I am so excited for you :hug: :heart:
patty n dolls

Post by patty n dolls »

I think she is adorable too. I love bigger babies. Congratulations.
I look forward to more pictures when she arrives home.
Patty
ColorbyCarina

Post by ColorbyCarina »

Thank you ladies!! I'm so darn excited! Does anyone know approx how long it takes for a package to get here from the US?