Who was your first reborn to earn top $$$$ ?

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
~Marilyn~

Who was your first reborn to earn top $$$$ ?

Post by ~Marilyn~ »

I have seen the growth of many a reborner over the years and I'm very happy to see that a lot of you are now getting upwards of $xxxx.xx in your auctions. So, how much did your first one go for? Who was your first baby to get top dollar? After how many years in reborning ? Please don't be shy !Include pictures if you like! :D

Jumping back in to say I kinda just want to know where you started at
and where you are now in prices.
Last edited by ~Marilyn~ on Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love and hugs,
~Marilyn~
lifesabeachbabyKim

Re: Who was your first reborn to earn top $$$$ ?

Post by lifesabeachbabyKim »

Well I have yet to have anyone bid high for my dolls. I have to set a reserve and a BIN to get what I want so I am still waiting for that bidding war to happen on one of mine.... I will be excited when it finally does though. ;)
~Marilyn~

Post by ~Marilyn~ »

lifesabeachbabyKim wrote:Well I have yet to have anyone bid high for my dolls. I have to set a reserve and a BIN to get what I want so I am still waiting for that bidding war to happen on one of mine.... I will be excited when it finally does though. ;)
Kim I can't imagine that one of your babies hasn't hit that mark yet! They are certainly worthy! :heart:
Love and hugs,
~Marilyn~
lifesabeachbabyKim

Aww thank you Marilyn! I just figured it was because I am not well known enough yet(at least to the average ebayer). :dunno: So I set my reserves so at least I make a decent amount cause if I don't have a reserve I usually don't get more than 2 or 300 for them by bidding alone.
jacque123

Post by jacque123 »

Rose by Adrie Stoete
MayberryBabies_DeAnna

Post by MayberryBabies_DeAnna »

Best I have gotten on ebay was $230 for a Kameko and the private sale semi-custom Gemma I am working on now for $250.
~Marilyn~

Post by ~Marilyn~ »

Hmmmm...maybe I should amend my OP to ask who was your highest and just leave the dollar amount out... :dunno: I just wanted to see where you started and where you are now.
Love and hugs,
~Marilyn~
~Marilyn~

Post by ~Marilyn~ »

lifesabeachbabyKim wrote:Aww thank you Marilyn! I just figured it was because I am not well known enough yet(at least to the average ebayer). :dunno: So I set my reserves so at least I make a decent amount cause if I don't have a reserve I usually don't get more than 2 or 300 for them by bidding alone.

:shock: Really??? Only $200 to $300 ? If that's the case I will throw open the doors to my dolly room and let you grab whatever you want for that sweetheart in your siggie! :lol: I may not have dolly dollars but I've got one heck of a collection! :lol:
Love and hugs,
~Marilyn~
cindydu

Post by cindydu »

My 1st reborn was the Berenguer (can't think of the name) one of the sleeping ones. Sold for $50 overseas LOL. And my highest was a sculpt by gudrun legler.
WithloveSteph

Post by WithloveSteph »

The most I have gotten for one of my dolls was $250... Makes me sad. I stopped selling for that reason. In person, I think my dolls are nice. I am not so amazing at pictures and I think that is what hurts me. I just reborn now for me, not for profit.
Last edited by WithloveSteph on Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
With Love,
Stephanie
Suzanne

Post by Suzanne »

I can't recall honestly, but my best price has been 650.00 I know... I only sell here for the most part so that's ok! :wink:
Judith19

Post by Judith19 »

My highest was $450.00 for Jayden~~~~most of my reborns sell for around $275-00 to $300.00 :heart: :heart:
AZRAYA $350.00 SOLD

lifesabeachbabyKim

Basically my first few weeks of selling on ebay 3 years ago I sold for between $50 and $100 since I had no clue what I was doing. Now on average as long as I set a reserve and a BIN I get between 500 and 800 as an average. Occasionally someone will grab my dolls for the BIN which is usually about 200-400 more than the reserve. Was that more what you were asking? The most I ever got for a doll was my Quinlynn. Well over 1000. Don'tcha wish they could ALL be like that!? LOL!! :lol:
CaliforniaMel

Post by CaliforniaMel »

I have not yet sold a baby for more than $225. I sold my first $200 (which for me was a lot by comparison to earlier) this past year. She was a Scarlet and was a vampire baby. So, not an LE kit by any means, or even an expensive one, but she came with a heck of a wardrobe!
Image[/URL]
Kathleens_foreverbabies

Post by Kathleens_foreverbabies »

My first baby was the Berenguer sleeping rosebud and she sold for $250 and I was beside myself with excitement!! That was in 2002, and around 2004 (I think!) I had a Berenguer La Moments baby go for over $2000 :shock: !!!!!! That has never happened again, needless to say, but I almost fell off my chair because it went from $800 to $2150 in a matter of about 30 seconds! Then I was literally holding my breath waiting for the buyer to get her~I was sure she'd expect her to be breathing :lol: But she was pleased with her, thank goodness!
It was during that time period that I was getting around $1000 for every Berenguer I put on Ebay, and that was before kits, rooting, mottling, veining, etc. so I guess I got a little spoiled~I think that's one of the reasons I'm so bummed about the baby sales now. Back then though, there were not a lot of reborners and it was still relatively new so we had a larger pool of buyers. These days I'd be happy to get 5-600.00 for a baby and we sure have a lot more expenses involved!
[/img]Image
Kathleens_foreverbabies

Post by Kathleens_foreverbabies »

Post script~actually, the La moments baby that went so high was rooted so I guess there was only a couple of wiggie years!
[/img]Image
Marita Winters

Post by Marita Winters »

My first doll I sculpted went for $25.00 and i was thrilled. I used the money to buy more clay. :)
CaliforniaMel

Post by CaliforniaMel »

Marita Winters wrote:My first doll I sculpted went for $25.00 and i was thrilled. I used the money to buy more clay. :)
Ha ha, my very first reborn sold for $58! I was thrilled. I really only wanted to at least partially recoup expenses at that time with each baby so I could keep buying more kits. I would not have been able to afford to keep practicing otherwise and would have had to drop reborning entirely as a "hobby."

My $58 baby went to a woman who fostered several children and wanted a pretend "baby" to help them learn about love and caretaking. I loved that. That was my lowest sale ever - but probably my favorite one. :heart:
Image[/URL]
Andreas_Dream_Babies

Post by Andreas_Dream_Babies »

My first reborn to sell went for all of $35 or something like that; she was a thrift store doll I painted with old cream paints and I wigged her! Ack! Then I sold a couple Berenguers for $100. The next several babies were all in the $200-$350 range, but I worked really hard to improve on each one. That was 6 years ago. I sold most of my dolls for the $500-$700 range, but my highest sale was a prototype of Dani by Jannie de Lange, for $1,550. I sold several for $800-$1,200, though, and now that I'm (slowly!) easing back into reborning, my pricing will probably be somewhere in that area.
Royal Ascot Reborns Caz

Post by Royal Ascot Reborns Caz »

I sold my first reborn (which was actually the 4th I had made) for £75, my best sale was Livia, she sold at the starting bid, for £500. But mine have steadily gone down now, rooted hair Marx kit customs sell for about £300(and the hairs even better now as I send it away to be micro rooted lol). A year ago I was selling them for £350. But I would say the average price of my painted hair ones now which is what I mostly do, is £200.
Probably still sounds a lot to you folks over there but bear in mind our cheapest kits are about £30 & ltd ed kits are about £80. Bodies £10.