Very disturbed!

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
DonnaB

Very disturbed!

Post by DonnaB »

I sold my elliott lucas to a fellow doll fan member for a reasonable price. i had to wait for money to clear her account. He was sent with full insurance. There was no communication that she received him. I was contacted by a friend that he was now on ebay at 6000 dollars starting bid and 8000 bin. How can people do this and sleep at night!
D
DianeLovesBabies

Re: Very disturbed!

Post by DianeLovesBabies »

That is awful Donna! Seems like she is doing the same thing with other highly sought after dolls too.

I pulled it up on Ebay by typing in Elliott Lucas.....I agree, how can she sleep at night.

Hugs
Diane
Last edited by DianeLovesBabies on Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be happy and play with dolls!
Froggies4Brandi

Post by Froggies4Brandi »

That really is awful!! I am so sorry to hear that she has done this!! I often under sell my items bc I feel sick about over charging for things. I just wouldn't be able to ever do that to anyone. Sad how so many people in this world can. *smh*
NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

Wasn't your Elliott a boo boo baby? That price is outrageous even if he was perfect.
Hugs,
Nadia

DonnaB

Post by DonnaB »

Andrea replaced my elliott with an artist proof. He was beautiful.
D
judyismyname

Post by judyismyname »

Well, she bought my EL also. I am not sure if she has sold him also but she did pay me. She paid what I aked her and he is now hers to do what she pleases right or wrong.

I do not agree with people that do this kind of thing. There is a fair price and there is scalping. This is scalping.

We have a choice to steer clear of these type of sellers!!!!
DonnaB

Post by DonnaB »

I sold my el with no strings attached. She could have at least said thank you or well packed and thank you for the extras. She buys only to resell on ebay at high prices. I would have loved to have bought him back.
D
judyismyname

Post by judyismyname »

I agree donna, :hug: she never let me know my sweet boy arrived either or that she liked the brand new layette I sent and the VERY expensive LeTop velour sleeper outfit that I included. I only knew that he arrived thanks to USPS site.
frannie

Post by frannie »

This is horrible, I'm so sorry this happend to you Donna! I hope you can get another Elliot some day!

:hug:
Hugs!
Frannie
:heart: Bray :heart:
Suzanne

Post by Suzanne »

I will be surprised if he sells for that honestly .. I know people have the right to do what they want when they purchase something , however I would be very upset as well...
DonnaB

Post by DonnaB »

Thanks frannie. I always hold the money if a person isn't happy. But this lady just uses a person.
NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

And I just want to add that it was terrible that she did not even let you know that he arrived safely. I always worry terribly when dolls I sell are in transit, so it is just common decency for the buyer to let the seller know.
Hugs,
Nadia

DonnaB

Post by DonnaB »

She also has zoe by claire on ebay.
kd

Post by kd »

DonnaB wrote:I sold my el with no strings attached. She could have at least said thank you or well packed and thank you for the extras. She buys only to resell on ebay at high prices. I would have loved to have bought him back.
D

That is so rude that she didn't even say thank you.
kd

Post by kd »

judyismyname wrote:I agree donna, :hug: she never let me know my sweet boy arrived either or that she liked the brand new layette I sent and the VERY expensive LeTop velour sleeper outfit that I included. I only knew that he arrived thanks to USPS site.

Too bad you didn't just keep the nice gifts for yourself.
~Marilyn~

Post by ~Marilyn~ »

NadiaK wrote:And I just want to add that it was terrible that she did not even let you know that he arrived safely. I always worry terribly when dolls I sell are in transit, so it is just common decency for the buyer to let the seller know.

I'm like you Nadia, I agonize until the doll arrives. The least one can do is acknowledge receipt and for goodness sake ....say thank you. Nothing annoys me more than that and not leaving feedback. :banghead:
Love and hugs,
~Marilyn~
cookielover

Post by cookielover »

I am sorry that a fellow DF member wasn't upfront with you and on top of that didn't have the decency to let you know Elliott had arrived. Just sad. :hug: Ruth
Love is not defined by what the other can give you, but who they allow you to be.
Dion

Post by Dion »

I know that any buyer has a right to do whatever they want with a purchase, but it doesn't sit well with me either.

There is more than one person who does this here on DF. I think of them as dealers, not collectors. They scoop up less expensive dolls just to make a profit. I guess that is their business, literally, but it is upsetting.

Not acknowledging receiving a doll is very rude and I agree with Marilyn, those who don't take the one or two minutes it takes to leave feedback are annoying, too!

I am sorry that this happened to you, Donna. Some people are so ungrateful :( .

Hugs, Dion
MarthasBabies

Post by MarthasBabies »

I bought your Boo Boo Elliott directly from Andrea when you sent it back to her and he is my dream baby. I am so sorry that that the buyer of your Elliott took advantage of you. I wish I had known he was for sale and I could have had dream twins.
DonnaB

Post by DonnaB »

It is very rude not to let someone know that they received their doll or appreciated the extra steps you take to make it like a wonderful package to open. But to come on here and take advantage of honesty to make a profit is wrong to.