Did you play dolls as a child? Which dolls do you remember?

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Misty

Did you play dolls as a child? Which dolls do you remember?

Post by Misty »

Tracy's post made me reminicse! I vividly remember opening several of my baby dolls as a child. One was my Cabbage Patch Kid. I remember her name was "Ursula" :lol:. I loved her, and still have her today. My sister.got Strawberry Shortcake. She was 2 that year and I was 7. I loved the way a new doll smelled!! :heart:

I also remember a dollhouse on Christmas morning. I think I was 3 that year.

Did you love dolls as a child? Who lives in your memory? Please share a photo from your childhood if you have one!

Misty
Renaissance Babies Tracey

Re: Did you play dolls as a child? Which dolls so you rememb

Post by Renaissance Babies Tracey »

I was a total teddy nut! I played with my teddies like they were dolls, dressing them and putting them in toy prams. I still have my first two teddies and still dress them!
Misty

Re: Did you play dolls as a child? Which dolls so you rememb

Post by Misty »

Renaissance Babies Tracey wrote:I was a total teddy nut! I played with my teddies like they were dolls, dressing them and putting them in toy prams. I still have my first two teddies and still dress them!

Awww. I enjoyed Teddies too Tracey! I had one in particular I loved. I wish I still had him!

Misty
jeannesteenies

Re: Did you play dolls as a child? Which dolls do you rememb

Post by jeannesteenies »

My babies were a monkey and Mrs.Beasley! lol They even went to kindergarten with me.
Cathe

Post by Cathe »

What adorable pictures, Misty. You are both so cute. You must cherish those pics and the memories. As for my dolly history, I was the only girl in the family, so everyone gave me dolls. I traded them for stuffed animals and candy. :lol: To be honest, they kind of creeped me out. Obviously, I got over that big time. :D :D
Misty

Post by Misty »

jeannesteenies wrote:My babies were a monkey and Mrs.Beasley! lol They even went to kindergarten with me.

Sweet! I love hearing about everyone's favorites!!
Misty

Post by Misty »

Cathe wrote:What adorable pictures, Misty. You are both so cute. You must cherish those pics and the memories. As for my dolly history, I was the only girl in the family, so everyone gave me dolls. I traded them for stuffed animals and candy. :lol: To be honest, they kind of creeped me out. Obviously, I got over that big time. :D :D

That's so funny Cathe! We sure can change, that's for sure! :lol:
I do love having the pictures. I don't always remember things.

Misty
chelle77

Post by chelle77 »

I remember most vividly my first baby boy doll~~~~ had blond hair and was dressed in blue with little white shoes...I was over the moon!!

I also remember Chrissy,the doll that had hair that "grew" and that ballerina doll...was her name Dancerina...?
cindydu

Post by cindydu »

Barbie and Miss Peep....oh giving my age away :D :D
tinytoes

Post by tinytoes »

I always loved dolls as a child. From very young, any kind of doll! My american girl dolls were very special to me though.
kristi

Post by kristi »

Baby dolls, mostly Madame Alexander and Vogue. Lots and lots Barbies, and ALL accessories,lol. Plus late 70s ealy 80s so lots of action figures like Bionic Man and Woman, Wonder Woman, Star Wars like Princess Leia.
Kelliegirl

Post by Kelliegirl »

Oh wow, I had so many but the one that stood out the most was my first Cabbage Patch Kid named Antonia! :D My parents faked me out by saying that they sold out too fast and they couldn't get me one, but then surprised me with her! I so loved that doll! I don't even remember how old I was when I got her, maybe 7 years old…….I can't remember exactly.
Hugs, Kellie :D

~*Precious Baby Girl*~
sherrybug

Post by sherrybug »

My favorite babies were a white monkey from Santa, a baby Santa left, and my Barbies. These are pictures.
But i do not have pictures of my Baby First Step ans the Liddle Kiddles.

My monkey i loved. ...I still have him today.

Not sure who this baby is But this was after Santa came one year.`

Here I am playing house. I hate ironing today...I wonder why :lol: Like the TV...don't make like that anymore :lol:

My Barbie ,Mage, Skipper , & Scooter. I have them preserved in a shadow box.
Hugs,
Sherry

I do Silicone custom painting

Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

Oh, how I wish I had saved my babies! :trout: The ones that stick out the most in my memory were my Chrissy, Dusty & all my Barbies, Ken, Skipper etc. I've always loved dolls!! :baby: The only dolls that my daughters have left are their American Girls. I wish I had realized that keeping them was ok earlier than I did. :banghead:
debbiesweelittleones

Post by debbiesweelittleones »

I remember this little doll. She was my favorite.
jenlovesdolls

Post by jenlovesdolls »

I have had dolls and stuffed animals as long as I can remember.
I don't recall names on any of them other than my cabbage patch kids...they were Cynthie Casey, and Nora Renee.

Here is a smattering of photos of me and my dolls/toys over the years LOL

and this one I was dressed as a doll for halloween LOL:

jenlovesdolls

Post by jenlovesdolls »

debbiesweelittleones wrote:I remember this little doll. She was my favorite.
I had that one and her sister with the blonde hair...they were love n touch babies!
That one had the little trap door in the back and the doll had a vinyl butt!
BBStudio_Mel

Post by BBStudio_Mel »

Oooh I love threads like this!

I had lots of dolls as a kid. I was a 70s child and my favorite was Pat-A-Burp, you pressed on her back and she made a burping sound. I also have vivid fond memories of an original Baby Alive, Baby Brother Tender Love, Joey Stivic (All in the Family) and a Vogue Welcome Home Baby. I also had a Mattel Booful Bean Bag baby (the yellow version) that I played with until he was filthy and falling apart.

Another special baby was my Baby Dreams, she was the one that had Velvet skin. Here is a picture of me on the Christmas morning I got her. She was a gift from my Grandparents.

Nanas Joyful Babies

Post by Nanas Joyful Babies »

I remember my Campbell Soup Dolls, but had to be so careful with them because they were made of composition and the boy ended up falling and breaking open his head. My Nana glued him back together but he had to live forever in my "hospital" crib. I also had twin vinyl dolls, they weren't life size so didn't really interest me too much. Also had a Toni doll with the hair that you could give a permanent too and several other dolls. But, my favorites were the baby dolls. The ones that were life sized, could wear real baby clothes and could be bathed and cared for like a real baby. I had a whole orphanage of those babies. I especially loved Billy. He was made of the "living skin" and as he got older just sort of disintegrated except for his head. My last baby was a DyDee doll who wet and drank. Very disappointing though because it ran right through her not like a real baby at all. Then about 7 years after getting the DyDee doll I had my first son......48 years ago today actually and he was a lot of fun! He did all the right baby things at the right time almost and even made noises!!!!! LOL Had 8 more after him......then the grands......loved them all.
What a nice memory post!
joy
jodim44

Post by jodim44 »

Thumbelina, Tiny Tears and Poor Pitiful Pearl, and a large baby doll I named Ricky, I think he was a no-name doll but I loved him, I thought he looked so real! Wish I still had him, he had a composition head and a soft vinyl body, so pretty fragile. I loved all my dolls and still do!