Advice needed please.

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Lauren

Advice needed please.

Post by Lauren »

Hello everyone. So, I have painted two custom babies and out of the kindness of my heart, I told them they didn't have to pay anything until I was finished (I have having money sit in my paypal). Turns out that may have been a mistake. One custom, I finished back in May (she provided the kit) and I've yet to receive a cent from her. She said she would make a payment but that is yet to happen. The other custom (I provided the kit) she also said she would pay yesterday and I am still waiting for a first payment. I guess I have learned my lesson but what can I do? Money isn't everything but I'm a college student currently looking for work so I really depend on this money to pay for anything I may need. Does anyone have advice for what I should do?
KekeLeo

Re: Advice needed please.

Post by KekeLeo »

For the one that was finished in May, I would considered the kit a non refundable deposit. I would send a ten day notice (if you can wait that long) and ask for payment and then list the doll for sale. The second one I would only give 48 hour notice that the doll will be listed for sale if the first payment is not received. Also advise them both that ALL payments are not refundable from this point forward and that any missed payments (without prior notification or approval from you) will result in the doll being listed for sale and the loss of any fees paid.
My childhood may be over, but that doesn’t mean playtime is.
Ron Olson
Lauren

Re: Advice needed please.

Post by Lauren »

Thank so much! I've finally sorted the second baby as she just paid. As for as the first one, since she bought the kit and mailed it to me I just felt like I couldn't list the doll for sale for that reason.

I did mention that payments are not refundable though, that's one thing I did alright on haha. I usually make babies to sale, these are my first customs.