Feeling sad, disappointed and deflated - Update

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
AnnieUK

Feeling sad, disappointed and deflated - Update

Post by AnnieUK »

This was my original message posted on 19th August:
I am feeling really disappointed at the moment.
Firstly, I was meant to get photos of my custom reborn (my first reborn) on 08 August – still no photos and artist has not replied to three of my emails asking for an update. I am not sure what is going on there. I fully paid for my baby back in May and was hoping she would be here by the end of August – that’s not going to happen now. I am constantly checking my emails hoping for an update on her. ........ end

I got an update as follows from the artist:
"Hi Annie,
Everything is still going well, I have just run into a delay in my schedule. She was due to be finished by August 8, and we had discussed mid to late August. So I am going to do my best to have her done by the end of the month, and if I am still not finished, I can have her done by the first week of Sept. I know she is very important to you, and that you have invested in a wardrobe and moses basket, so please don't worry, I will get her to you as soon as possible.
Thanks so much,"

Well, today is the 4th September and still no further updates or pictures. I am seriously beginning to worry now. This is my first reborn doll purchase and I am no longer enjoying the experience. I do trust this artist as I did a lot of research before ordering a custom doll from her and her feedback was excellent re her and her work.
I hate having to email her to get an update as I don't want to pressure her but again, I have not heard anything since 19th August. Originally, my doll should have been done by 8th August.
I have been going a through a rough time over the last couple of the months with health issues and I was so looking forward to getting my new baby by mid to end of August.
I know there are a lot worse things in the world than me getting a doll and I am thankful for my blessings however, I just want to cry. :cry:
Last edited by AnnieUK on Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you don't have a dream, it will never come true.
AnnieUK

Re: Feeling sad, disappointed and deflated - Update

Post by AnnieUK »

Hi Melinda. I placed the order on 16th May. X
AnnieUK

Post by AnnieUK »

So glad to hear this is not the norm. I have set my heart on this baby now so want to wait it out a bit longer in the hope it will be ok. Since ordering her I have read another post on here about the same artist. They had a similar experience with communication and delays. I have pm' them to see whether they did eventually get their doll or not.
Sewingroom57

Post by Sewingroom57 »

Oh Annie l am so sad that you are having such a bad experience with your first reborn,but like you said you really want this baby so perhaps it is worth waiting another week.......but if by then you are not happy l would certainly say something. I only hope it all comes right in the end hugs Pat
NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

This is way too long for you to be waiting for a custom. I would file a claim with paypal if I were you.
Hugs,
Nadia

Rhonda Sloanes mama

Post by Rhonda Sloanes mama »

Sorry Annie. I feel the same way right now. I thought I had an awesome new doll and I find out it's not so great at all. Not a good feeling. :(
dianareed

Post by dianareed »

I went through the same thing with a reborn artist on Etsy. I ordered three custom babies in May of last year. By Oct.....nothing. She kept telling me that personal family issues were the cause. This also happened to another woman from the same artist. In addition, the photos she had on her Etsy store were photos that belonged to the original artists. I contacted Etsy, PayPal and American Express. Within 15 minutes, she refunded my money in full! She then took down the unauthorized pics and put up photos of her own work. Boy! Was I glad I didn't get any of those dolls from her! Her painting and rooting are horrible!

So, I suggest you get in touch with PayPal and your bank or credit card provider, ASAP! There is no excuse for this. Good luck!
jenlovesdolls

Post by jenlovesdolls »

I know who the artist is, and this is typical of this artist.
She is trustworthy, but she never gets a doll out when she says she will (unless it is a prototype, she seems to get those out just fine)
I got a refund on my custom but I got nothing but excuse after excuse and found out from others via pm that she did it to them too.
A few ladies that pm'd me when I had the same issues with this artist told me I would get my doll eventually, but that she typically makes excuses and never sends a doll out on time.
I am sorry, I don't care how good of an artist she is, it is obvious she overextends herself and then makes excuses for why your doll isn't done on time, then gives another date, then that date comes and goes and you get another excuse and another date...ladies that pm'd me didn't want to post publicly and they all said they had the same exact experience with her.
It is up to you if you want to wait it out. I got tired of waiting and the "excuses" put me off of ever wanting a doll by this artist. I hate being lied to.
NanaCarolyn

Post by NanaCarolyn »

So sorry this is happening for you. I hope you don't give up. Hopefully this baby is worth the wait and not a waste of your time. Waiting for a baby is fun, but not for that long. I've never ordered a custom because i have to see the finished baby before i can buy. I hope everything works out for you.
Happy Dolly Days,

Hugs,
Carolyn

lifesabeachbabyKim

Post by lifesabeachbabyKim »

I thought 2-3 months was normal for customs.

With that said though my customers know ahead of time that it will be a wait. She should have told you that you'd be waiting and she should update you. Not cool.
erin1958

Post by erin1958 »

I'm so sorry Annie that you're being put through this. Its inexcusable and such BAD customer service. One thing that hasn't been mentioned here, but that REALLY bothers me, you said you did a lot of research and that this person has excellent feedback but yet person after person keeps mentioning the same experience with her. Lots of people speak of the same type situation with her. My question is this then, WHY DOES SHE HAVE EXCELLENT FEEDBACK???? If no one leaves this person true and honest feedback, how will she ever be stopped from doing this to every customer that she has? I'm simply perplexed by this and don't understand why more customers aren't finding out, before they go through what you are? It's just not right. I certainly hope you get your baby soon and that it ends up being a beautiful baby, that you love. I wish you the best of luck. I hope it works out, and SOON!!
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!!
Cheers, Erin
jenlovesdolls

Post by jenlovesdolls »

erin1958 wrote:I'm so sorry Annie that you're being put through this. Its inexcusable and such BAD customer service. One thing that hasn't been mentioned here, but that REALLY bothers me, you said you did a lot of research and that this person has excellent feedback but yet person after person keeps mentioning the same experience with her. Lots of people speak of the same type situation with her. My question is this then, WHY DOES SHE HAVE EXCELLENT FEEDBACK???? If no one leaves this person true and honest feedback, how will she ever be stopped from doing this to every customer that she has? I'm simply perplexed by this and don't understand why more customers aren't finding out, before they go through what you are? It's just not right. I certainly hope you get your baby soon and that it ends up being a beautiful baby, that you love. I wish you the best of luck. I hope it works out, and SOON!!
Because she is a prototype artist and does great work...all the ladies I spoke to that told me they had the same experience kept saying things like oh the doll will be worth it.
Yes she does great work, I had a few dolls by her I bought second hand, but after the runaround I got time after time, it ruined it for me.
Many don't mind being fed excuse after excuse because they feel the outcome is worth it.
For me personally it wasn't worth it, I knew what her work was like but being told new dates every time the last date would come and go ruined it for me.
I asked for a refund and got it because I didn't like feeling like I was being lied to constantly, especially seeing as the excuses she gave me were excuses she gave to other ladies over the years so they weren't "new" excuses.
AnnieUK

Post by AnnieUK »

Well, after I emailed her yesterday, I was shocked to find a response from her this morning when I opened my email box.
She has promised that I will receive photo's by 11th (next Friday) and my doll will be posted by express mail on Saturday.
I will let you all know what happens next.

I did a previous post about the Cassandra Kit by Melody Hess that I bought off someone on here in the US and had it sent to an artist in Canada. Unfortunately, the artist cannot work with the kit as she states she is too dark so she has sent the kit back to me in the UK. I have managed to find a UK artist that has reborned the Cassandra Kit previously so I am hoping she will be able to help. However, if not she is just finishing another doll, the Serenity kit which I will buy from her. This has cheered me up no end as I know whatever happens, I will have a new baby soon. I have attached a picture of the Cassandra kit below, taken this morning before I sent her off to the new UK artist.

In the meantime, thanks for all your help and support guys. I really appreciate it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.