Miracle Milk

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
dianareed

Miracle Milk

Post by dianareed »

Hi Ladies....

I posted this on FB, but I thought I'd share it here, as well. Just a couple of my dolly friends know that I have a paci and bottle fetish. LOL. If a baby can take a full paci and a bottle, I'm happier than a pig in mud! :lol: I was using white fabric softener and yellow food coloring to make faux milk, but I found that after a while it thickens. My son, who is a magician as a side job at the famous Magic Castle in Hollywood, told me about "Miracle Milk", which is used in magic tricks. He suggested I try it. It sounded interesting, so I thought I'd buy it. I got it from Amazon. It's a clear Amber colored liquid that comes in what looks like a 1.5 oz. squeeze bottle. I bought three bottles. It costs $4.99 per bottle. The directions say to use 50 drops per 8 oz. of water. You can adjust it as you go. I like my "milk" a bit more opaque, so I used more drops. (You will have to judge the opacity you want your milk to be). Then I added a tad of yellow food coloring on a Q-tip and swirled it around. And voila! It really works! The Miracle Milk bottle on the left is what I used for 18 bottles! It's cheaper than fabric softener! The bottle on the right shows the label. I'm sure some of you think I'm crazy, I love collecting different types of bottles and each of my babies has to have their own bottle, even if they don't have open mouths. If that's the case, I just push the sealed nipple inside itself. Anyway, I just thought I'd share this product with you, in case if any of you haven't heard about it before. For those of you who live outside the USA, try contacting a local Magic shop. You'll be able to get it there. ❤️

Tracy Lorraine

Re: Miracle Milk

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

That is amazing, Diana! Thank you for sharing that info. I'm going to order some from Amazon today. :dance:
sherrybug

Post by sherrybug »

THANK YOU ...I will have to get some to try.
I love bottles also. especially vintage ones.
Mine get thick after time passes.
THANK YOU for sharing.
Hugs,
Sherry

I do Silicone custom painting

Suzanne

Post by Suzanne »

I, like you, have the same fetish.. and I just purchased two bottles off amazon.. that means right now there are 10 left on there for now!!!!
safcfootienut_Jo

Post by safcfootienut_Jo »

Just a heads up ladies I have seen a review of this product that says it makes the bottles go greasy.....might want to be cautious with anything too old and potentially valuable.

Jo in the UK
dianareed

Post by dianareed »

Even with using fabric softener, or white elmer's glue, you shouldn't leave any product in a bottle over an extended period of time. Fabric softener congeals after a while, and glue settles to the bottom. Refreshing your bottles with a new solution of whatever you use, is always a good idea. :)
dianareed

Post by dianareed »

Okay, Ladies...I'm pretty pissed off. I ordered 4 more bottles of Miracle Milk at $4.99 a bottle. Now, I see that the price went up to $9.99 per bottle!!! That's BS! I'm going to find out why this happened! I hate it when vendors see a product is getting lots of orders and they hike the price up!! I'm going to leave a review on Amazon and contact them, too!
dianareed

Post by dianareed »

Here's another product similar to Miracle Milk. It's $4.39 plus $4.99 shipping:
EmilyJ

Post by EmilyJ »

I'm bookmarking this. I'm curious to see how this stuff lasts overtime. If it will harden or go greasy like Jo read. Please keep us updated. Surely it wouldn't make glass bottles greasy, just plastic? I wonder how it will effect silicone or latex nipples.
:heart: Lilliana reborn by Daria Makarenkova :heart:
Lilliana doll kits are available to purchase now!

http://www.babiesbyemily.com/
http://www.facebook.com/babiesbyemily
dianareed

Re: Miracle Milk UPDATE!

Post by dianareed »

Many of you went to Amazon to buy Miracle Milk. I bought it at the $4.99/bottle price. Now, it seems to have gone up in price. So, I wrote a negative review, and contacted the vendor. I received an email from the folks from whom I bought my bottles. The name of their company is "Shipped Yesterday". The Miracle Milk that is priced for $9.99 with free shipping is from Rock Ridge Sales, a totally different company. But, as it stands now, that's the only vendor of Miracle Milk that shows up in a search for the product on Amazon. Nowhere is the Miracle Milk from "Shipped Yesterday" at $4.99/bottle to be found in the search.

I just replied to Shipped Yesterday's email and told them that their product isn't showing up on Amazon, but the one from Rock Ridge Sales, at the higher price with free shipping is. So, I hope this is rectified. I also asked if I can buy directly from Shipped Yesterday, and if so, I asked for the shipping cost per bottle within the USA.

Stay tuned. :)

Diana
JaNan

Post by JaNan »

this is cool! I made up some bottles a few months ago of white fabric softener and they are already getting kinda thick!
but if I make them to sell..I want to glue the rings on good and tight to avoid leaking..then you can't replenish...ideas?
Dolly Hugs JaNan
LINDASLITTLEBLESSINGS

Re: Miracle Milk UPDATE!

Post by LINDASLITTLEBLESSINGS »

California Diana R wrote:Many of you went to Amazon to buy Miracle Milk. I bought it at the $4.99/bottle price. Now, it seems to have gone up in price. So, I wrote a negative review, and contacted the vendor. I received an email from the folks from whom I bought my bottles. The name of their company is "Shipped Yesterday". The Miracle Milk that is priced for $9.99 with free shipping is from Rock Ridge Sales, a totally different company. But, as it stands now, that's the only vendor of Miracle Milk that shows up in a search for the product on Amazon. Nowhere is the Miracle Milk from "Shipped Yesterday" at $4.99/bottle to be found in the search.

I just replied to Shipped Yesterday's email and told them that their product isn't showing up on Amazon, but the one from Rock Ridge Sales, at the higher price with free shipping is. So, I hope this is rectified. I also asked if I can buy directly from Shipped Yesterday, and if so, I asked for the shipping cost per bottle within the USA.

Stay tuned. :)

Diana
Keep us informed..
~Ginger~

Post by ~Ginger~ »

Very cool
My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely. :goofy:
dianareed

Post by dianareed »

ANOTHER UPDATE ON MIRACLE MILK! I now have the whole story.

Erin, who owns Shipped Yesterday is the vendor from whom I bought my bottles at $4.99/bottle. She just emailed me to tell me she is on vacation until March 1st. Amazon does not allow vendors to advertise their products while on vacation. I didn't know this. When she comes back, she will be offering the bottles at the $4.99/bottle price.

So, hang in there!!

Hugs to All!
Diana
Denise O

Post by Denise O »

Thanks for keeping us updated. What a great tip!
noniesgirl - Gina

Post by noniesgirl - Gina »

Be very careful with that Miracle Milk, it is a petroleum based product and will degrade the bottles. It is used by machinists and tool makers as a cutting oil. In order to cut through metal, the metal needs to be lubricated and that is what it is used for. It is known as Oil Of Milk - OOM. I looked into it also but I don't want something like that around my family, let alone my dolls.
dianareed

Post by dianareed »

I'm a retired chemist. Most of the products we use in our daily lives are petroleum-based, including clothing,cosmetics, Vaseline and lip balms to name a few. http://www.ranken-energy.com/products%2 ... roleum.htm

Miracle Milk is not being used neat; it's being diluted with water to form a homogeneous emulsion. :)
DanalynnBabyLove

Post by DanalynnBabyLove »

That's very neat! Thank you so much for sharing this info!

:foryou:
Married To My Hero Nicole

Post by Married To My Hero Nicole »

After a little over a month mine has turned back to an oily clear water. I bought some end of December to try.