Is it ok for Reborns and Silicones to Share Clothes?

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
LynnW

Is it ok for Reborns and Silicones to Share Clothes?

Post by LynnW »

I have been wondering this for a while... I have both silicones and reborns in my collection and was wondering.. Is it ok for reborns and silicones to share clothes?? I am more worried about the silicones than the reborns. I know that vinyl is not supposed to touch silicone but not sure if there's any risk of clothing touching both mediums and the dolls sharing clothes. I prefer not to wash my clothes to keep them looking new but have been a bit cautious about my babies sharing clothes.

Most of my silicones are platinum silicone in either Ecoflex 20 or 30, but I do have one older dragonskin silicone baby (Maylee) and someone once told me to be very careful to keep that baby separate from the others.

Please enlighten me! :)
On YouTube: Little Foot Nursery - youtube.com/c/LittleFootNursery
On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/littlefootnursery1/
Court_LLRN

Re: Is it ok for Reborns and Silicones to Share Clothes?

Post by Court_LLRN »

I've collected both for years and have had no problem whatsoever with clothing and even pacifiers touching both silicone and vinyl. :)
I think it's just direct contact that you need to worry about.
Social Media:
Court LLRN Creations
Californiateri

Post by Californiateri »

I've never had problems with them sharing clothes either.
teri - and my sweeties

LynnW

Post by LynnW »

Thanks so much! That is reassuring. Do you all know whether this also holds true for a tin silicone? Someone once warned me that clothing should be washed after touching a tin silicone so that made me worry about the clothes sharing in general. :P
Court_LLRN

Post by Court_LLRN »

LynnW wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:10 pm Thanks so much! That is reassuring. Do you all know whether this also holds true for a tin silicone? Someone once warned me that clothing should be washed after touching a tin silicone so that made me worry about the clothes sharing in general. :P
I would not risk sharing clothing with tin and platinum silicone babies. I doubt tin would have a reaction problem with vinyl but it could cause a reaction with your platinum silicone babies.
Social Media:
Court LLRN Creations
LynnW

Post by LynnW »

Thanks so much, Courtney. That's what I thought. It sounds like I'll need to only have that baby wear clothes that I'm ok washing afterwards. I'm also keeping her wrapped separately and making sure she doesn't touch any other babies. (Kind of sad! Feels like she's in quarantine.... LOL)
Court_LLRN

Post by Court_LLRN »

LynnW wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:17 pm Thanks so much, Courtney. That's what I thought. It sounds like I'll need to only have that baby wear clothes that I'm ok washing afterwards. I'm also keeping her wrapped separately and making sure she doesn't touch any other babies. (Kind of sad! Feels like she's in quarantine.... LOL)
You're welcome :) I had one at one point too and I also felt so bad about quarantining her and was just so worried about contamination that I just decided to part with her. :heart:
Social Media:
Court LLRN Creations