Is it just me or are you frustrated as well?

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Barbara L.

Is it just me or are you frustrated as well?

Post by Barbara L. »

This is a post expressing frustration, so if you don't feel like reading it, I understand.

I am not in any way against videos of the dolls, but due to a discussion recently, it was brought to my attention
that part of the reason many of us are getting kids or no feedback bidders on our auctions
is because they watch the videos of the dolls getting bathed, changed, "fed", diaper changed, they hear crying and cooing, etc.

And I keep getting asked if my dolls (Mia and Callie) can drink, pee, poop and really cry~! :shock:

These people are watching the videos and not catching on to the fact that some of the videos use props
and recordings. Then they join a doll group on facebook, or get an eBay id and then start asking the stupid questions.
"Can this doll drink and wet?" "What is the price?" "Do you have any dolls that I can feed and cost only $300.00"?

I have repeated myself so many times and they obviously don't read the doll description...Price, details and pictures are right
in front of them. :banghead:
Don't they think if I had a doll that could do that, I would mention it in the doll description??..
Oh wait--they don't bother to read it.

Which is once again, why I enjoy Doll-Fan and when I am able to sell on here, except for once a few years ago, I have always had
a good experience.

I enjoy some of the videos, so please don't take this as a negative post about those who enjoy posting them, it is the frustration
of dealing with non-collectors who don't have a clue, they just want a doll they can play with.
I just want to find a good home for my dolls who will enjoy them as a doll created by an artist, or combination of artists.
Dolls for Sale: https://www.reborns.com/VinStyleandMore and Vintage baby clothes & shoes for sale: https://vinstyleandmore.etsy.com
avigrace96

Re: Is it just me or are you frustrated as well?

Post by avigrace96 »

I feel it too. I recently sold my precious Americus and regretted it so bad I let the buyer know I would gladly buy her back. She declined, saying she loved the doll, which was sweet and made me feel she went to a good home. Two weeks later I get a message from the lady saying she's been watching videos on YouTube and bought a baby tub so she can give her a real bath! I politely explained that she cannot handle a real bath and THANKFULLY the woman had not done it yet but there is no telling what else she has tried. I will never buy that doll back now. :banghead:
jenmomof5

Post by jenmomof5 »

Happy Thanksgiving all! Only speaking for myself, the fact that my reborn babies don't cry, use the bathroom, or need to be bathed, etc. is part of the joy! People always worry about an epidemic of something breaking out, and I think we already have it, it's called dumb!!! :wink:
Jen
Barbara L.

Post by Barbara L. »

Exactly!
I know I shouldn't care what happens to the dolls after I sell them, but I do.
And maybe it is up to us to politely educate those who have the idea that these dolls
are toys. :dunno:
Dolls for Sale: https://www.reborns.com/VinStyleandMore and Vintage baby clothes & shoes for sale: https://vinstyleandmore.etsy.com
Susan Cornelius

Post by Susan Cornelius »

I think the cry, pee, poop, bath thing is stupid.. period.. The dolls I collect are for appreciation of "art". If I want a play doll, I'll go to Walmart.
The video's don't get my time either...
The community has changed, and a lot of the nonsense is on FB.. I stay away from it.
Susan Cornelius

Post by Susan Cornelius »

:D Also, I have enough mouths here to feed/people to care for. If these dolls start eating, peeing, pooping and needing baths, I'm going to have to get rid of them. :toast:
tuckerk

Post by tuckerk »

Dolls are a lot like our pets we love them and if we have to adopt them out we want them to have a good home...........I am still laughing at what Susan said about eating and pooping...........I definitely don't want one of those...........I don't even bath my babies......They are works of art and I hug them and admire them.............Hugs, KAthy