Tiny Glass Beads

This would be the place to ask questions or share information concerning all types of doll making, re-doing, etc.
Nellerina

Tiny Glass Beads

Post by Nellerina »

Where is the cheapest place to purchase these in bulk (for use in weighting reborns)? I read once about Harbor Freight, and I visited their website to see that they're about half the price of glass beads at Bountiful Baby, but I'd like to hear from someone who has actually bought these beads before I buy some. Anyone bought these and found them to be good? Other suggestions? Thanks!
NancyWdollielover

Re: Tiny Glass Beads

Post by NancyWdollielover »

I started buying them at Harbor Freight-50 lbs for 38.00. I was spending so much on them, on ebay, because the toddlers take a lot of them in the limbs, and it was costing me a lot. I have used them in reborns going overseas, adding samples to the box for customs, no problems...If you have a local store they also put out coupons, maybe they do online too.
Nancy :D
Sharons Special Treasures

Post by Sharons Special Treasures »

I use the harbor freight beads and they are very nice and come in larger sizes too i just go to my local store and get the differnt sizes, they are wonderful...
erin1958

Post by erin1958 »

My favorite place is crscrafts.com. They have decent shipping too. Start at Doll Supplies and go from there. I buy in 10lb. bags and they put them in a flat rate box. I think the ones I buy are called 1.2 to 2 MM maybe? Something like that. They are a perfect size. They don't leak out of the hose.
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!!
Cheers, Erin
Sharons Special Treasures

Post by Sharons Special Treasures »

Thanks Erin...I went and had a look and they have some great stuff!!!
debbiesweelittleones

Post by debbiesweelittleones »

Hi, I buy mine from one of my favorite sellers....Here is her link.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/sybilray/m.html ... ksid=p3686

Thanks,
Debbie
Last edited by debbiesweelittleones on Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nellerina

Post by Nellerina »

Wow, thank you all so much! Such quick responses. You've all been very helpful. I appreciate it.
NancyWdollielover

Post by NancyWdollielover »

I only use the Harbor Freight ones for the limbs. I buy heavy weight poly pellets for the body (on Ebay) :D
Nellerina

Post by Nellerina »

Ahh, interesting. Thanks!
Royal Ascot Reborns Caz

Post by Royal Ascot Reborns Caz »

I'm in the Uk, so no good sending the link for where I get them from, but it sounds like the equivilant here, the place I get them from is in 25kg bags, & the place are nothing to do with reborning. eBayers are cottoning onto them though & starting to buy them & splitting the bag up & selling at a profit, don't they always, so not sure how long the bargain will last.
Nellerina

Post by Nellerina »

Good point. Thanks for the information!
Aliceintheozarks

Post by Aliceintheozarks »

debbiesweelittleones wrote:Hi, I buy mine from one of my favorite sellers....Here is her link.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/sybilray/m.html ... ksid=p3686

Thanks,
Debbie

I buy the larger glass from the place above but I do buy my smaller... grain like from Harbor Freight.. don't have to pay for shipping and they last forever...
Nanas Joyful Babies

Post by Nanas Joyful Babies »

Our local Harbor Freight is no longer carrying any size bigger than 80 grit which is very fine sand like. Can you tell me what you order? What size glass bead it is? And do you get it online or in your local store?
joy