UNROOTING HELP PLEASE

This would be the place to ask questions or share information concerning all types of doll making, re-doing, etc.
Brooke

UNROOTING HELP PLEASE

Post by Brooke »

I'm busily unrooting dark hair from a very special baby. My main question is does hair remover, like NAIR, work to remove mohair from vinyl? This baby has a lot of hair and it has been very well glued from the inside with a couple of layers of Mod-Podge. My normal method of removing hair has worked very well in most of the spots - that is coating the hair and head with hot glue letting it dry for about 10 minutes and pulling the dry hot glue and hair out. Hot glue doesn't stick to the vinyl as long as you don't leave it too long. With this little one I've had to do it 2 or 3 times due to the glue, but it has mostly all come out except on the top and back of the head. I think perhaps the Mod-Podge settled there while the head was sitting upside down to dry so the Mod-Podge layer is extra thick in those areas. The head has been glued for about 4 months so the Mod-Podge is totally dry. HELP!!! Please and many thank yous.
Brooke

Re: UNROOTING HELP PLEASE

Post by Brooke »

Anyone?
MayberryBabies_DeAnna

Re: UNROOTING HELP PLEASE

Post by MayberryBabies_DeAnna »

Not sure if you solved this, but what you need to do is rehydrate the glue in the head - tilt the head and fill with water, let sit for at least 30 mins then you should be able to get the modge podge out of the head so it will let loose of the hair.