Oh no!! I think E6000 just ruined a baby I'm painting

This would be the place to ask questions or share information concerning all types of doll making, re-doing, etc.
LynnW

Oh no!! I think E6000 just ruined a baby I'm painting

Post by LynnW »

I am so distraught right now.. I was trying to make a magnetic pacifier and put it to the doll's lips but it turned out the glue was not fully dried and ended up gettting E6000 onto the lips and it appeared to strip the paint off (or leave a white layer?). The color doesn't look like the color of the vinyl underneath so I wonder if it can be removed somehow? Or do I need to try to paint over it? I worked soooo hard on this baby... painted a full head of hair plus rooted a full head over the painted hair. What is the best thing for me to do right now? I worked too hard on this baby to throw her away :( please help!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
On YouTube: Little Foot Nursery - youtube.com/c/LittleFootNursery
On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/littlefootnursery1/
CoastalCutiesNursery

Re: Oh no!! I think E6000 just ruined a baby I'm painting

Post by CoastalCutiesNursery »

oh my word, how awful!
I've done something similar a long time ago but it was super hard to build the layers of paint back up to perfectly match.
In the end, I had to strip and re-do.
Hopefully someone will be able to give you some better advice.
LynnW

Post by LynnW »

If this was a more expensive LE kit I would consider stripping, but given that this was a BB kit I got on sale, definitely not worth the effort... I decided to try to paint the stripped spots to see if I can at least get the color closer... it will still be a boo boo baby obviously no matter what, but I'm going to try this and see.. .it completely devastated me last night and I had a good cry. But I had better perspective today and I'm still proud of this baby as a learning experience... (first AA baby and my first time rooting an entire head of hair).
On YouTube: Little Foot Nursery - youtube.com/c/LittleFootNursery
On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/littlefootnursery1/
MichellesReborns

Post by MichellesReborns »

Try to match the paint, but it won't be perfect so you can just call it a "birth mark." I would aim to make it slightly redder and darker. I know a baby in real life who has a birthmark in the same area, here's a video of her: