Painting a silicone doll.

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
emz336

Painting a silicone doll.

Post by emz336 »

Hi,
Does anyone know why the paint on a brand new silicone doll would be peeling, lumpy, full of air bubbles and runs? Is this normal for a silicone? The artist says it is but at paying £1850 for the doll i would have expected the paintwork not to be like this? Am I wrong? I will try to upload some pictures. Thank you for any help! X
Emma x x
Tina

Re: Painting a silicone doll.

Post by Tina »

That does not sound right to me, that is a lot of money to pay for a sub-standard doll.
Renaissance Babies Tracey

Post by Renaissance Babies Tracey »

No! It most certainly should NOT be like that! I reputable, experienced silicone painter will paint a smooth finish using very fine layers of silicone paint and will complete the process by applying a matting agent so that the surface feels velvety smooth. If you'd like further help on silicones, please feel free to pm me, I'm always happy to help.
emz336

Post by emz336 »

I tried to post pics but it won't let me xx
Emma x x
emz336

Post by emz336 »

I tried to post pics but it won't let me xx
Emma x x
deboradolly

Post by deboradolly »

Good Grief!!! It definitely shouldn't do that. I've painted a couple, using 2 different ways. The first worked great. I contacted the artist and she sent me some silicone that I could add paint to and it came out wonderful. The 2nd one wasn't so great, but it was my own fault. I used oil base paint and it looked really good at first...unfortunately, I must have rushed the sealing process, because the same thing happen to me. I'm sorry this happened to you after you paid so much. Perhaps the person you bought it from will take it back. (She should!) Good luck with all of this.
HUGS, DEBImage
Tina

Post by Tina »

Have you tried using a picture hosting site such as photobucket or imageshack?