WIP Evelyn, Advise please

show your creations and works in progress(WIP)
note: this is not a classified post forum
Blissful_Babies

WIP Evelyn, Advise please

Post by Blissful_Babies »

Hello Ladies :foryou:
I just wanted to show you all my WIP of my fourth baby. He's Evelyn by Cassie Brace, I loooove her babies :elephant:
I am finally getting to the place I wanted to with him but for some reason I cannot get the feet and hands to take the blushing and shading as much as I wanted. Do you guys have any advice on painting the hands, feet and little nails?
[image]Image[/image][image]Image[/image][image]Image[/image][image]Image[/image][imageImage][/image][image]Image[/image]
ps. Excuse the droplets of water :roll: I dint notice it until uploading
Taylor :heart: :heart:
Tracy Lorraine

Re: WIP Evelyn, Advise please

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

Great job!
Barbydoll

Post by Barbydoll »

Looking nice!!!
"Our 50th Wedding Anniversary Celebration"
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

Looks really beautiful so far!!!!! Is the blushing not taking, is that what you mean? I haven't had that issue with GHSP or with air dry I usually have the opposite and sometimes over blush those areas myself and have to tone them down some :lol:.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
Blissful_Babies

Post by Blissful_Babies »

Thank you ladies!

Georgeanne, the issue does seem to be because it’s not taking the blush color. For example, when trying to paint the nails the color comes off easy when using the sponge to dab the excess paint off. The nails are no that pinky color that babies usually are instead they are almost the same color as the original kit color. I can’t seem to figure it out.
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

Blissful_Babies wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 1:53 pm Thank you ladies!

Georgeanne, the issue does seem to be because it’s not taking the blush color. For example, when trying to paint the nails the color comes off easy when using the sponge to dab the excess paint off. The nails are no that pinky color that babies usually are instead they are almost the same color as the original kit color. I can’t seem to figure it out.
I think sometimes there are areas on these kits that for some reason are very stubborn and do not want to take the paint. Do you think you are putting too much thinner in the mix and make sure the brush isn't too saturated with thinner if you get what I mean, maybe try a clean brush. Also, try letting the kit sit for a day or so to make sure the nails are dry before painting them. I am sure more Ladies will come along and give you better advice, but it doesn't hurt to give those suggestions a try.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
tuckerk

Post by tuckerk »

Very nice job..............she is lovely.............Hugs, KAthy