Validating the Authenticity of a COA

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Kim Carpenter

Validating the Authenticity of a COA

Post by Kim Carpenter »

Hello All! I am new to the silicone baby world and I am going to try to make this short so hopefully I can get some clarification for my own peace of mind. I did a lot of research before deciding to purchase my first silicone… which was truly a wonderful experience. I have since purchases two additional silicone babies (these little cuties sure wiggle into your heart). That all being said, I know that it is very important to get a baby that comes with COAs. It is not only important to make sure you are getting a quality product, but it prevents from knockoffs. It also ensures that the artists who create these beautiful babies are given the respect and rights they deserve for their hard work and talent.

My question is how does one validate the authenticity of a COA. I have noticed that each artist seems to have their own unique COA, but there doesn’t seem to be a format or standard by which to judge? I think most of them sign the one COA in regards to who painted the doll, however that is that always the case? Or if one artist pours the silicone and another artist paints a silicone both artists don’t always sign their specific COA? Is there a website where one can verify what an authentic COA looks like for a particular artist? I am positive that I have the correct COAs I just noticed that one did not have a hand written kit # where the space was provided on the COA and so I thought I would just get the valued opinion of those who have been collecting for some time.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this post and any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Dolly hugs :grouphug: ,

Kimberly
Kelliegirl

Re: Validating the Authenticity of a COA

Post by Kelliegirl »

Hi Kimberly! :D

First off, Congratulations on your new additions! :toast:

Unfortunately there is no standard for COA's in the dolly world, although generally most artists use the same COA or close to it over the years, so once you have seen enough COA's from the same artists you will be able to recognize them pretty easily. :wink:

I would say the best way to find out or check on one is to go directly to the artist and have them validate it for you. That's what I would do if I wasn't sure of one.
Hugs, Kellie :D

~*Precious Baby Girl*~
MichellesReborns

Post by MichellesReborns »

Most COA's I have are just printed on regular paper, or sometimes photo paper.

What we really need is for COA to come with specific authenticity stickers like this
Kim Carpenter

Post by Kim Carpenter »

Thank you Kelliegirl and MichellesReborns. I appreciate you both taking the time to reply to my question. At least going forward I have some idea of where to go should I have questions. I wish there was a simplier way to verify COAs and I agree Michelle, the authenticity sticker like those in the you tube video would surely help. It would be especially for those, like me, who are new to the whole thing and want to make sure that we are doing the right thing by artists who create these wonderful babies!!

Dolly hugs,

Kimberly

Publish the Menu module to "offcanvas" position. Here you can publish other modules as well.
Learn More.