**IF YOU ARE A SELLER, AVOID THIS BUYER AT ALL COSTS** GOES BY ELLE ROBERTS **

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Adaberny

**IF YOU ARE A SELLER, AVOID THIS BUYER AT ALL COSTS** GOES BY ELLE ROBERTS **

Post by Adaberny »

Im not sure if this belongs here but I need to do you all a favor and put this warning out. She is a scammer and will do a chargeback on paypal in order to keep free work done. She goes by the name " thebabylady3113 " on ebay, and full name is " Elle Roberts ". DO NOT TRUST THIS SELLER / BUYER. She IS a scammer :x I am out of USEFUL money during really hard times as an artist, and 3 WEEKS OF WORK AND TIME. She is a leech. To find out what this buyer did, go to my last forum post, I included proof and pictures there
avigrace96

Re: **IF YOU ARE A SELLER, AVOID THIS BUYER AT ALL COSTS** GOES BY ELLE ROBERTS **

Post by avigrace96 »

I’m sorry you had a bad experience with this user. I’ve actually bought from and sold to her many times without issue. I think she is a member here as well.
Elle Rae

Re: **IF YOU ARE A SELLER, AVOID THIS BUYER AT ALL COSTS** GOES BY ELLE ROBERTS **

Post by Elle Rae »

Surprise Adaberny, I am a member here!! I did see your original post, but chose to keep quiet at that time and let you have your moment, rather than hurting your feelings further. I absolutely hate drama and confrontation, but this is crossing the line, and I will not have my name dragged through the mud. Also, I just want to point out, in all my years of doll collecting, literally hundreds of dolls have passed through my hands and I have NEVER asked an artist for a return, EVER. I also have been a reborner myself for 9 years, but I stopped rooting vinyl a few years ago and often contract this work out to others. I have never once complained to any of them, you are the first rooter I have had an issue with. That being said, I gave you plenty of opportunity in our messages to fix what I saw wrong with the head, and you did not take the opportunity to do so. What I received was not what I paid for or asked for, and you were very defensive when I expressed my disappointment and revealed your ridiculously inflated ego. So I did what any sane person would do and filed a PayPal claim. I'm sorry your feelings were hurt, but when there are 6-10 hairs per hole, uneven spacing, patches with no hair... That is not "professional microrooting". This was a very expensive kit and this is not at all what I envisioned her to look like. The photos on your listing showed very lovely rooting, and I'm sorry to say, but what I received was mediocre at best and looked nothing like those photos. We all know most any rooting can look halfway decent when wet down and nicely combed (like the photos you sent me/those posted in your previous post), but when it dries and you can see the holes, the truth comes out. Pictures coming shortly. I really hate that it's come to this....
Elle Rae

Post by Elle Rae »

What I thought I would be receiving (photos from Adaberny's ebay listing):

And what I actually received (photos taken immediately after opening the box, after picking my jaw up off the floor):

Huge plugs of hair right in front, and randomly throughout (be sure to zoom in for full effect):

Tell me now Adaberny, who is the scammer? I tried to be nice to you at first to protect your feelings, but since you've chosen to put this out in the open and make false claims about me, I hope everyone sees the BLATANT FALSE ADVERTISING in your listing. For all reading, this is the listing in question, please stay far far away!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Reborn-baby-ha ... V9C-9A4YIg
Klynn17

Post by Klynn17 »

Elle Rae wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:49 pm What I thought I would be receiving (photos from Adaberny's ebay listing):

And what I actually received (photos taken immediately after opening the box, after picking my jaw up off the floor):

Huge plugs of hair right in front, and randomly throughout (be sure to zoom in for full effect):

Tell me now Adaberny, who is the scammer? I tried to be nice to you at first to protect your feelings, but since you've chosen to put this out in the open and make false claims about me, I hope everyone sees the BLATANT FALSE ADVERTISING in your listing. For all reading, this is the listing in question, please stay far far away!

Yikes! That is not good. I would have been upset with that rooting as well :oops: Thank you for sharing your side of the story.
Sandis Doll House

Post by Sandis Doll House »

I'd be so upset with that hair. :( :( :(
Adaberny

Post by Adaberny »

ladies and gents, get ready for some bomb humor. I hateeeee taking things seriously. So boringgggggg, ive been hiding my true personality for the longest time, and seriously but not seriously, lets let it out :lol:

Oh my goshhh! Heyyy how are ya?! Soooo nice to see you on here, omg. I was literally trying to see if you would pop up. I appreciate the love :heart: seriously. youre one of my best customers. Super unique in fact. Out of all of my past customers Ive sold to or done services on dolls too, you really stand out, absolutely none of them have been like you (literally not a single one) :foryou:

bla bla bla, truth comes out.. don't like drama *yawwwwwn* couldnt be bothered to read the paragraphs of utter crap you sent, I was like two sentences in, felt the caffeine from my morning coffee literally start evaporating off my body just by reading what you sent. smiled. and then started typing like this:

but uhmm, im kinda low-key bored at my desk, have some time to kill ya know? I already accepted the fact that I gave you free work, because ahem (youre a literal scammer) and accepted that I'm not going to get paid for the 2 weeks of work I put into your dumb doll head, so this is just me being foolish, ya know, releasing whatever feelings I have towards this stupid situation you created because I want to be over this. Its just $90 but, its $90 I couldve used to stash my ramen noodle cabinets :evil:

but hey, heres my clap-back for the peeps who like eating popcorn to this kind of stuff or whatevaaa

Lol... do you think I'm stupid? Dumb? Maybe scared of you or something? You're trying to rip me off, and possibly trying to rip off other artists. LOL. You remind me of a few people in the community I use to know who use their power to shun artists, nit pick anything they can to make others look bad, in order to rise above. Maybe the opposite of social climbing? I dont know, dont care. Brushing the hair is crazy directions is not going to get you very far, I really, really hope you know that :) I will 100% make sure that you NEVER do what you did to me, to another artist you pay a bigger amount of money to. Your behavior was disgusting and the way you have treated me is beyond atrocious.

You filed a dispute to get your money back not only because you didn't like my work you payed me to service you with, but also out of spite because I refused to root thicker hair on your doll head for the price of a different option. ($50 bucks more) And still, even after all the disrespect I was still nice enough to add more hair to the top and get it to lay longer, just for you

Scroll down to see pictures, RAW of my work, unedited that I took juuuuuust in case something like this happened :D . Tell me when the heck did I put on my description on my eBay listing that I was going to give you a mono-rooting job? Micro rooting job? Nope :| cant seem to find those words on my full description on eBay..Maybe I should try looking a little harder? Maybe you guys can help me? Heres the link!

:lol: Yo, people like you make me laugh son. You pay me $90 (excluding shipping) and want me to root a $400-$600 job on the head? Thats a good idea tho..hmmm...

might start an actual mono-rooting hair service some time. You know, where I actually specify that I'm giving out a specific hair rooting job and charge what its worth :toast: thanks for the idea.

You know, I really thought that when I put up this small side hustle up on eBay while I worked on my actual art, that people would have at least the bare minimum brain capacity that is taken to read and ask questions, thought we all learned this in 1st grade :|

Below are pics of the baby you chose in your head from a collage of literally 9 pictures mushed together for an EBAY COVER to relate to the option you chose, which by the way, big LOL. The picture is not the match to the option you chose to pay me for. That's my Quinlynn I sold to a lovely lady 6 or 7 years ago, she was my first laura lee sculpt. Loved her to death, second baby I ever did make. First time I rooted a thick mop style. Ill post closeups of her too, so you can see, her rooting is the same hole-follicle-size, or whatever weird excuse you want to bring up next on your boooooring replies I cant be bothered to readImage

Ooooooh and, I also attached pictures of what thin rooting looks like, remember? The ones on my eBay listings? I think the word I'm looking for is called "swiping" and "reading the option you choose", but I don't know man, not too sure you know how it works? Lol.

Yo, I'm gonna make up a new challenge.

I'm going to grab a doll I have in my collection which I payed around $1k for, and I'm gonna brush her hair aaaaaaall up in crazy directions, maybe add some warm water to get rid of the conditioner which keeps the hair looking nice..(slumberland hair tends to get frizzy on me, have no idea why man)

(live footage of Elle brushing the hair for the pics she posted)

, and I can 1000% assure you, I can replicate those pics you posted up :lol: It's not that hard. Hope scammers aren't seeing this chat :oops: they might get the same idea. Aye, you hair rooters out there, watch out. You're about to loose a LOT of cash once they find out this little secret of making any hair rooting job look horrific.

Btw to anyone who wants to decide to get butt hurt because of my sarcasm and humor, this is my personality. I learned, that really, life is way too short to take people who love making other's lives impossible, seriously. Ive been a doormat to many people in the community and in real life, and I can't be bothered to try and reply in a big vocabulary-filled lawyer-like way anymore. I give up with people really.

My Quinlynn I used in the picture collages that you did not even bother to ask about which was not even the option you chose:

aaaaaand pictures of your head (not brushed in crazy directions, conditioned, ya know. actually styled properly.)

Here's the head dry aswell.

Heres pictures of what I advertise the option you chose for looks like:

and what the close ups of this baby's hair looks like:

So uhhhh yeah, thats about it I guess, time to hop off here, hope you all enjoyed

georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

I think the hair did and does look pluggy and way too sparse. I didn't remark on the original post before it came to this, but I would not be happy to pay $90.00 for the rooting you showed us Adaberny and I should have said that in your initial post, but I could see that people were telling you what they thought you wanted to hear. If you hadn't escalated and became so childish I would have kept silent but enough is enough. Take responsibility for the inferior work you performed and move on and learn from it.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
Elle Rae

Post by Elle Rae »

You are absolutely off your rocker Adaberny. I didn't touch the rooting whatsoever before taking the photos I posted, that was exactly how I pulled the head out of the box. And in response to the photos in your listing, the options on the listing I purchased were "thin rooting -no thick mop" and "thin rooting with thick mop". There was no option for thick rooting, full rooting, etc, so I assumed (like anyone would) that the photos that did not show the thick mop around the swirl were your thin rooting. Not this atrocious mess I received. Thank you for the comedy, maybe you've found your true profession!
Adaberny

Post by Adaberny »

Rockers? Like rocking chairs? I like those. Use to have one back in my parents country home. They're pretty cool. Thank you I appreciate the compliment! I really did think about it once. Seems like a much less stressful job than being an artist these days.

heres a screen shot of the options juuuust in case for some reason when you went to check out, the words became something they weren't in your head. You checked out once. $90-ish plus shipping. A thick mop style is a little over $150 + ship. You'd know this literally by looking at the dispute you filed against me on paypal. :roll: literally all you had to do was message and say "hey ada, can you get my doll head to look like this specific picture?" and I'd stop you and say "Hey, thats another option you want there, you'll need to choose a different option on the menu to get that result." Now if you didnt want to pay more for that option, simply I'd refund you and you be on your way. Simple as that. But since you didnt ask, I was like, aight, she knows what shes getting, like many of my previous customers do, nothing different here, ladi-da, let me root her head and move on, like the many many other people I've serviced. What makes you different?

options on my listing

payment amount that was payed by you

Its like me buying a used phone on eBay, with them using a stock picture of the phone from the company, when the seller states clearly in the description its used, then "assuming" I'm getting the phone brand new like the one of the stock picture. like..

Elle Rae wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:35 pm You are absolutely off your rocker Adaberny. I didn't touch the rooting whatsoever before taking the photos I posted, that was exactly how I pulled the head out of the box. And in response to the photos in your listing, the options on the listing I purchased were "thin rooting -no thick mop" and "thin rooting with thick mop". There was no option for thick rooting, full rooting, etc, so I assumed (like anyone would) that the photos that did not show the thick mop around the swirl were your thin rooting. Not this atrocious mess I received. Thank you for the comedy, maybe you've found your true profession!
Adaberny

Post by Adaberny »

Listen, I really do respect you. You sound like you're way more mature than a lot of people I've had reply to me before in the past, but you've got to feel me here. I'm out of cash during really tough times as a growing artist, when I couldn't have included more examples of my work. My art work is that, my art work, nothing more, nothing less. If the close up's on the listing don't do it for anyone, then honestly I've lost all hope in the doll community and it's treatment. I can't babysit every buyer that comes to me and ask the questions they need to know for them. That's their job. I could go on a witch hunt and get every single one of my customers one by one, and line up the work I provided through that eBay service, but I've wasted too much time already for something I'm not going to possibly get back. My time, My literal bleeding fingers from how many times I got poked by those needles that kept breaking from the soft as heck vinyl, and the plucking out a broken needle that was stuck in the vinyl too, trying to get the hair to stick was a nightmare. I'm not angry, I'm frustrated. My "childishness" covers up the fact that I'm legitimately sad over what happened, even if to some people the amount of cash is insignificant, my time and work was not.
georgeanne wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:26 pm I think the hair did and does look pluggy and way too sparse. I didn't remark on the original post before it came to this, but I would not be happy to pay $90.00 for the rooting you showed us Adaberny and I should have said that in your initial post, but I could see that people were telling you what they thought you wanted to hear. If you hadn't escalated and became so childish I would have kept silent but enough is enough. Take responsibility for the inferior work you performed and move on and learn from it.
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

Years ago, I had this great idea, I joined Bountiful Baby, thinking you know with my love of dolls and my artistic background maybe I could combine the two and reborn for myself and then when I felt comfortable enough I would offer reborns I created for sale. After seeing so much the artists and buyers go through I decided there was no way in Hades I would put myself through that and I HATE ROOTING with a passion, plus I am very allergic to Mohair. I now just reborn for myself and to give them as gifts. I am truly sorry for both of you that this happened. I hope you both heal from this, I truly mean that.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
tuckerk

Post by tuckerk »

I feel really bad for both of you when things don't go well but I must say that the rooting on this babies head was aweful and I feel Ella pain when she opened the box………..with that being said...………..I would never want to root a babies head ever...…………….Hope things work out...………..Hugs, Kathy

Publish the Menu module to "offcanvas" position. Here you can publish other modules as well.
Learn More.