Suzanne Robertson Silicone Mallory and Mitchell

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
marilyn

Suzanne Robertson Silicone Mallory and Mitchell

Post by marilyn »

Does anyone know what type of silicone these 2 babies are?
silicone Roberson twins 800 for 2 450 for 1.jpeg
georgeanne

Re: Suzanne Robertson Silicone Mallory and Mitchell

Post by georgeanne »

Wish I could tell you, I have Toby and I love him, but his head split at the neck, his wrist has split and one of his arms fell off at the elbow. I fixed him up with SiliPoxy but now I never touch him for fear something else will fall off. I am telling you this because I don’t think is Platinum silicone. None of my other dolls with the exception of one other has had this happen to them.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
marilyn

Post by marilyn »

Thanks Georgeanne, thanks for the info....I cannot seem to find anything on these dolls and really could use some help.
kd

Post by kd »

Many of Suzanne's dolls have split, cracked, and broken off.

I had several of Suzanne's dolls. Mine never spilt, or broke off.
Last edited by kd on Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

marilyn wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:08 pm Thanks Georgeanne, thanks for the info....I cannot seem to find anything on these dolls and really could use some help.
All these years and I have never seen any information about Suzanne's silicones. Just negative things, but I know there are many people who have her dolls and haven't had any problems, but as 'kd" said a lot of people did also have problems like mine with the dolls.

I did a little research about platinum silicone, most likely any silicone for that matter. The compound should be kept at room temperature not stored in the hot or cold like a garage because it breaks it down so artist's can still use platinum silicone, but if it isn't stored correctly it can create these types of issues.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
Susan@childrenoftheheart

Post by Susan@childrenoftheheart »

kd wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:52 pm Many of Suzanne's dolls have split, cracked, and broken off.

I had several of Suzanne's dolls. Mine never spilt, or broke off.
I still have 9 of her precious babies (silicone) and they are all perfect as the day I received them.

I personally feel that it has a lot to do with storage in the right temperature of the silicone before pouring. That would explain in my opinion why some of the babies had problems and some didn’t. JMHO.
Last edited by Susan@childrenoftheheart on Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
marilyn

Post by marilyn »

Thanks Ladies....the babies I have are perfect. No splits, peeling or cracking. I just wish I could find out what type of silicone they are.
MariaJose and Zu

Post by MariaJose and Zu »

I have 10 Roberson babies for about 13 years. Since they have been with me they have not had the slightest problem. Except for Suzanne's last baby, her only FB, which at least mine, was poured with the worst quality silicone, and it breaks without touching. Only by the weight of his legs did his groin split. And it was always leaching oils. (It has been in a box for almost 3 years and I have never seen it again)
Honestly this is my opinion, SR was a great artist but her behavior as a person and business woman was lousy.
I think that depending on her economy, she used one silicone or another, or if she always used the same one, if she was badly off money, she reduced the manufacturing costs to the maximum by adulterating the good silicone by adding more and more additives and products to get a lot of quantity of bad silicone. That would explain why some babies have problems and others don't. When she made my FB baby so bad, she even used acrylic eyes instead of glass ones. That only made a few dollars cheaper, but she did too.
But I love my Roberson babies, and Rowdy is one of my top 10 favorites of all time. :heart:

Zu, forever in my heart :heart:
Cathy B

Post by Cathy B »

MariaJose and Zu wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:06 pm I have 10 Roberson babies for about 13 years. Since they have been with me they have not had the slightest problem. Except for Suzanne's last baby, her only FB, which at least mine, was poured with the worst quality silicone, and it breaks without touching. Only by the weight of his legs did his groin split. And it was always leaching oils. (It has been in a box for almost 3 years and I have never seen it again)
Honestly this is my opinion, SR was a great artist but her behavior as a person and business woman was lousy.
I think that depending on her economy, she used one silicone or another, or if she always used the same one, if she was badly off money, she reduced the manufacturing costs to the maximum by adulterating the good silicone by adding more and more additives and products to get a lot of quantity of bad silicone. That would explain why some babies have problems and others don't. When she made my FB baby so bad, she even used acrylic eyes instead of glass ones. That only made a few dollars cheaper, but she did too.
But I love my Roberson babies, and Rowdy is one of my top 10 favorites of all time. :heart:

I LOVED Suzanne babies very much, but I'm going ot have to agree 100% with MariaJose on everything she stated. Suzanne created amazing babies but her customer service skills just wasn't there at all. I actully was able to talk with her on the phone a couple of times to relate messages to ladies on the board here about there babies. She was a very nice lady, but had a lot going on in her life at the time which interferred with creating her babies and getting them out in time to her paying collectors. I wish she would have made good on her work as she was very, very gifted!!!
Today's forecast:God Reigns and the Son Shines.
marilyn

Post by marilyn »

Wow, what a shame. These 2 are still perfect.
MariaJose and Zu

Post by MariaJose and Zu »

Cathy B wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:26 am
MariaJose and Zu wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:06 pm I have 10 Roberson babies for about 13 years. Since they have been with me they have not had the slightest problem. Except for Suzanne's last baby, her only FB, which at least mine, was poured with the worst quality silicone, and it breaks without touching. Only by the weight of his legs did his groin split. And it was always leaching oils. (It has been in a box for almost 3 years and I have never seen it again)

I LOVED Suzanne babies very much, but I'm going ot have to agree 100% with MariaJose on everything she stated. Suzanne created amazing babies but her customer service skills just wasn't there at all. I actully was able to talk with her on the phone a couple of times to relate messages to ladies on the board here about there babies. She was a very nice lady, but had a lot going on in her life at the time which interferred with creating her babies and getting them out in time to her paying collectors. I wish she would have made good on her work as she was very, very gifted!!!
Yes Cathy, she was one of the most talented. With the evolution of the years, now she would to be one of the greatest artists.
I will never tire of saying that the proportions of his unique FB were the best I have ever seen on a doll, (and I have seen many) and his UNIQUE head-body twist and join system was wonderful, absolutely the best and most fine on any FB doll today.
Besides, I also talked a bit with her, and she was a nice person. But Her bad deeds outweighed the good. A shame.

Zu, forever in my heart :heart:
Cathy B

Post by Cathy B »

Such a shame as I really miss her. I hope & pray all is well with her & her family!!
Today's forecast:God Reigns and the Son Shines.
Dion

Post by Dion »

:D I am not sure about the silicone, but the babies are so adoable, Marilyn. I especially love Mallory. Lucky you to have them both!

:foryou: Hugs, Dion
marilyn

Post by marilyn »

Thank you Dion......they are precious.

Full Body Silicone Baby Doll Leona by Bonnie SiebenFull Body Silicone B ...
2020-10-25 07:18:08SiliconeFor Sale4900 USD
Full Body Silicone Baby Doll Leona by Bonnie Siebe ...

Publish the Menu module to "offcanvas" position. Here you can publish other modules as well.
Learn More.