Shine on reborns

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
marilyn

Shine on reborns

Post by marilyn »

I have quite a few reborns that have become a bit shiney. Is there anything I can do or use on them to eliminate the shine without having to redo them? Any help appreciated.
Annette

Re: Shine on reborns

Post by Annette »

Maybe first try some baby powder dusted on them. If that doesn’t work, you could get some air dry matte varnish, if there is such a thing, and put that on them. It wouldn’t be as time consuming as putting GHS matte varnish on them.

Good luck! I hope you find a solution.
Hugs Annette
Elle Rae

Post by Elle Rae »

This stuff will work in a pinch if you don't want to use the heat set matte varnish.

I will say though, you need to work quickly in small sections, and try not to dab too much in the same place.
marilyn

Post by marilyn »

Thank you.....
cyndig77

Post by cyndig77 »

I have found that Mr Clean Magic Eraser works well for a bit. You do have to keep doing it every once in a while if you handle your dolls a lot. I cut a rectangle in 2 and gently rub where the shine is and it's gone. My dolls are all painted with GHSP and I use them as models so I handle them a lot.
marilyn

Post by marilyn »

Thanks ladies....I have tried Mr. Clean Magic Erasers and it does work in some cases. I have looked in some craft stores for the Folk Art Medium for Glass....no one seems to carry it. Guess I'll have to try to find the Folk Outdoor stuff. If anyone thinks of anything else, please let me know.

Publish the Menu module to "offcanvas" position. Here you can publish other modules as well.
Learn More.