Subscription renewed.

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Annette

Subscription renewed.

Post by Annette »

Well, back in the summer, I was seriously thinking of letting my subscription here lapse. But then thought of the people and chats that I’d miss.
I was sad because it seems so many have left, and are leaving here.

In a community of any kind, be it a village, a town, or group, on the Internet, the occupants have to work at keeping it alive and thriving, or it will die.
So, I decided to stay, because this is my place to come for companionship, laughter, support and sharing of a hobby we all love, and I feel safer in dealings here, and hope that, after all these years, we can keep Doll-Fan going, and bring it back to how it used to be.
Are you with me??
Hugs Annette
Pat in Alabama

Re: Subscription renewed.

Post by Pat in Alabama »

I am with you Annette. I think we are in the minority though. My subscription renewed last month. I plan to be here for awhile. I agree, we need to work to keep the forum alive. This is the only place that I feel safe doing dolly deals.
I hope others will start posting more. I love seeing everyone's babies.
judyismyname

Post by judyismyname »

Mine just renewed also after some contemplation about doing so.
Dollfan has always been the best place to go. This past year has been one of the worst for me and I am certain for most people. I also don’t think all the changes to the forum contributed well to our population.
I use to do all my dolly deals on this site but haven’t sold a baby here in a very long time. Selling is just not what it use to be. It has certainly become very risky outside with all the scamming.
I know I would miss you ladies if I did not keep my membership, so for that reason I am sure I will continue to be here.
Prayerfully it will be a better year coming our way soon and things will pick up for everyone.
Hugsxx
tovisbabies

Post by tovisbabies »

I'm still here. Wish Steve would put it back to the old format!

Tovi
Dion

Post by Dion »

:D I am so glad that you are staying, Annette. I agree with Annette, Pat, Tovi and Judy and I have no plans to leave DF. This has been a very rough year for so many and I hope that 2021 is a better year for all of us.

The friendships I have made here are very precious to me and I am always sad to see people leave. We all need to post and comment more and help make DF more interesting and exciting. I am talking to myself, too. I comment, but haven't started a thread in a long time.

I know that there are a lot of people that read, but don't post. I wish that you wouldn't be shy. We would love to hear from you and get to know you better. I know that we would heartily welcome back our friends that have left, too. I also know that are many ladies out there that have gorgeous collections and most of us love nothing better than to see photos of beautiful dolls of ALL types. I would love if you would share them with all of us.

It will take all of us to make it work. I promise to try harder and I hope all of you out there in Doll Fan Land will join us.

Thank you for reminding us, Annette!

:heart: :foryou: :heart: Love and Hugs, Dion
Sandis Doll House

Post by Sandis Doll House »

I'm not here like I used to be. I sold off a good bit of my dolls and haven't bought a new one in so long so I wander back here every so often. Good to see old friends that still are here. Even though I'm not as faithful as I was, I'd still do all my dolly deals here. I don't have a lot of trust in the doll community these days.
kd

Post by kd »

I'm glad there are other DF old timers, like me, still here. :)
cookielover

Post by cookielover »

I am here to stay -- I didn't come into this group to buy or sell dolls. I came into this group because I wanted to chat with others who enjoyed my hobby. And I will stay for that reason. Stay safe and stay on Doll Fan! Ruth
Love is not defined by what the other can give you, but who they allow you to be.
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

So glad to see all you beautiful Ladies staying. I am here until Steve tells us to take a hike. I am hoping more people will come back I guess we just have to hang on. I miss so many people and wish they would come back. I don't do FB much anymore and almost never visit Twitter so here I am.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
Charlene

Post by Charlene »

I will be here. Haven't posted a lot, but have made dolly deals here and been around for a long time. I too liked the old forum as it was easy for me to navigate. Now haven't figured out how to put pictures on easily. I will keep trying and keep reading and post when I can.
Annette

Post by Annette »

I’m happy to see you all still here. :grouphug:

I know a lot of old members went over to Facebook because, obviously, there’s a wider audience for their dolls, and to buy from too. And they don’t want to pay the fees for Doll-Fan. But to me, it’s opening up a higher chance of having scammers and con artists interested in your items. (Of which there seem to be more and more!).
So, for me anyway, knowing the people here on Doll-Fan, and having done lots of dolly deals here, I feel much safer in buying and selling, because I know the other party, and have done so, for many years. To me, that is worth every penny of my subscription!
Not only that, but, in good times and bad, I know I have the support and prayers of them here too. :grouphug: :heart:
Hugs Annette
LindaBforbabies

Post by LindaBforbabies »

Annette wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:59 am I’m happy to see you all still here. :grouphug:

I know a lot of old members went over to Facebook because, obviously, there’s a wider audience for their dolls, and to buy from too. And they don’t want to pay the fees for Doll-Fan. But to me, it’s opening up a higher chance of having scammers and con artists interested in your items. (Of which there seem to be more and more!).
So, for me anyway, knowing the people here on Doll-Fan, and having done lots of dolly deals here, I feel much safer in buying and selling, because I know the other party, and have done so, for many years. To me, that is worth every penny of my subscription!
Not only that, but, in good times and bad, I know I have the support and prayers of them here too. :grouphug: :heart:
So true Annette... I don’t feel safe buying or selling anywhere but here to people who I trust and have gotten to know over the years.

I am here to stay too! ❤️🤗
Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

I love to check in here a couple of times a week! I’m glad you’re staying.
Annette

Post by Annette »

Tracy Lorraine wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:42 pm I love to check in here a couple of times a week! I’m glad you’re staying.
:heart: :hug:
Hugs Annette

Publish the Menu module to "offcanvas" position. Here you can publish other modules as well.
Learn More.