Eye size list -- for people wanting to change la baby eyes!!

This would be the place to ask questions or share information concerning all types of doll making, re-doing, etc.

Post by Guest »

Steph, maybe Sheri knows about the little ones -- she makes awesome bitty babies!!! :wink:

Vicki Rutt

eyes

Post by Vicki Rutt »

how about a 21" german berenguer what size for her?

Post by Guest »

Which face, Vicki? If it's like our SE's are, I'd imagine it's the same flat oval eyes we use for them... if it's one of the others -- Gobert or one of those, I'm not sure, but hopefully someone on here has done one and can tell us! :wink:

Vicki Rutt

eyes

Post by Vicki Rutt »

I am not for sure its a new face didnt have a name for it kinda a potty face lower lip sticks out does that help any :oops:

Post by Guest »

It does sound like Gobert... let me see if I can find a picture... :wink:

Post by Guest »

Kind of like this?

If not, do you have a picture of what the face looks like?

Sheri*DreamBabies

Post by Sheri*DreamBabies »

FYI I use the 11mm eyes in the 8" LTL and the 11" lababy's. Hope this helps and thanks Trina :wink:

Post by Guest »

Thank you, Sheri! I added it in! :wink:

Lori JR

Post by Lori JR »

What about the new La Baby face? (open eye rosebud) I changed the eyes in one and the factory's are 18mm, after I got the new 18mm back in....the iris looks too small.
Know what I mean? Makes the face look more like a toddler than a baby.

Post by Guest »

I know what you mean. It's because the iris of the factory eyes is (or at least appears to be) bigger than that of the replacements. Also, because a baby's eye doesn't grow (or if so, not much) from infancy to toddlerhood, but their heads do, the iris of a baby takes up a LOT of the eye space, but less on a toddler. You could try Crystal's suggestion of using the bigger eyes and grinding the backs down with a sander. I think she was talking about soft glass eyes, it was for the Duerme face, but it should work for this one, too! Let us know how it turns out! :wink:

Lori JR

Post by Lori JR »

Good idea Trina! I must have missed the post on grinding.....now if I can only stop in time. (I so overdo everything) :?

~Angel~

Post by ~Angel~ »

Thank-you again Trina for the help so I can add this to the "How-To" Section of my rebirthing page. It has been so helpful to my rebirthing.
Here's a shout-out to all who helped her as well!
Dolly Huggers!
Angelina
(Angel)

LorryDarlins

Eye sizes for the Reborns

Post by LorryDarlins »

I've only been a member for a very short time and have found a wealth of information already. Thank you for listing these eye sizes for the various babies. It's much appreciated.

Brendas Babies

Post by Brendas Babies »

I have done a new Rosebud open eyed baby, and I bought 20mm eyeco eyes and the iris was too small. They were the size of the 18mm eyes, except more white. I bought some 20mm Masterpiece eyes and they are perfect! So if tyou use the eyeco eyes, go up a size and maybe trim the white part if nessasary.
Sweet Quinny by Nikki!

roses2lisa

Post by roses2lisa »

:D I am THRILLED you ladies posted this information! Thank you so very much! It was one of my "looming" questions 8) .............just hadn't asked yet!

~Newbie-on-the-Block~ :foryou:

PrissyMayDolls*Vanessa

Post by PrissyMayDolls*Vanessa »

Hi

Does anyone know the size of the eyes that come out of the new 22" Berenguer La Baby "Chuckles" and "Lily" dolls? I use the nicknames given to these molds from Prillycharmin.com See the link below to see the molds that I am ordering (B10 & B40).

http://www.prillycharmin.com/berenguer/1amenu_lab.html

Any information on the eye size would be great. I love these new molds and can't wait to get started. I haven't ordered them yet, but would like to go ahead and order the eyes at the same time. I will be placing the order in just a few days.

Thank you so much,
Vanessa

karina-brandt

Post by karina-brandt »

I always have this site in my favourites to look up:

http://www.store.yahoo.com/rebornsuppli ... chart.html

hugs
karina

heyjude

Post by heyjude »

Okay...here's a dumb question...I have a pair of eyes here and I don't know what size they are. How do you measure eyes?

Thanks!

karina-brandt

Post by karina-brandt »

you meassure them across the middle from side to side. usually eyes are meassured in millimeters, and you calculate to millimeters by saying: 1 inch is 25 millimeters (or 2.5 centimeters)

good luck on it. i hope it helped.

hugs
karina

Carrie

Post by Carrie »

Any idea of what size eyes to use on the new 12" Carry Me babies? Thanks!

Publish the Menu module to "offcanvas" position. Here you can publish other modules as well.
Learn More.