Special Care Air Dry Paints ~TUTORIAL~ FREE!

This would be the place to ask questions or share information concerning all types of doll making, re-doing, etc.
Post Reply
User avatar
Debbie@TNGUN
Posts: 5426
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:03 pm
Location: Baker City Oregon
Feedback: 87|0|0
Contact:

Special Care Air Dry Paints ~TUTORIAL~ FREE!

Post by Debbie@TNGUN » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:46 pm

I have created a simple tutorial to show the ease of using the new Special Care Acrylic Air Dry pre-blended paints.

It's full of clear pictures to help you along.

Here is the link to it on my blog~enjoy!

http://theynevergrowupnursery.blogspot. ... aints.html

Edited to add where to buy the paints:

In the US: http://www.sweetiepienursery.com/index.html

In the UK: http://www.specialcarenursery.co.uk/

Have fun!
Last edited by Debbie@TNGUN on Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Debbie
They Never Grow Up Nursery
Where babies are babies...Forever!

http://www.theynevergrowupnursery.com

BLOG: http://theynevergrowupnursery.blogspot.com

MOHAIR and LDC Color Guides: http://TheyNeverGrowUpNursery.artfire.com

User avatar
ColorbyCarina
Posts: 2600
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:17 am
Feedback: 65|0|0

Re: Special Care Air Dry Paints ~TUTORIAL~ FREE!

Post by ColorbyCarina » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:34 pm

How exciting for beginners :) Thanks Debbie!

User avatar
Judith19
Posts: 10067
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:24 pm
Location: Beaverton, Oregon~~USA
Feedback: 91|1|0

Re: Special Care Air Dry Paints ~TUTORIAL~ FREE!

Post by Judith19 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:35 pm

I like the way it looks when finished~~~gives a nice soft look~~~~ :heart: :heart:
AZRAYA $350.00 SOLD

Image

User avatar
Debbie
Posts: 16155
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Texas
Feedback: 128|0|0

Re: Special Care Air Dry Paints ~TUTORIAL~ FREE!

Post by Debbie » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:09 pm

You ARE amazing!!!!! Thanks so much Debbie!
3410

User avatar
pudditat
Posts: 6670
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:29 pm
Location: vancouver
Feedback: 268|0|0
Contact:

Re: Special Care Air Dry Paints ~TUTORIAL~ FREE!

Post by pudditat » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:26 pm

Thank you for this Debbie. You;re awesome!

One question, I noticed you didn't use any flesh colour on the baby? Or did I miss that part?

User avatar
Debbie@TNGUN
Posts: 5426
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:03 pm
Location: Baker City Oregon
Feedback: 87|0|0
Contact:

Re: Special Care Air Dry Paints ~TUTORIAL~ FREE!

Post by Debbie@TNGUN » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:22 pm

pudditat wrote:Thank you for this Debbie. You;re awesome!

One question, I noticed you didn't use any flesh colour on the baby? Or did I miss that part?
No, you didn't miss it Susan. I NEVER use flesh colors so I was really delighted when the line came out without them. :D

It is my understanding that they will be offering flesh colors and pure pigments in the future.
Debbie
They Never Grow Up Nursery
Where babies are babies...Forever!

http://www.theynevergrowupnursery.com

BLOG: http://theynevergrowupnursery.blogspot.com

MOHAIR and LDC Color Guides: http://TheyNeverGrowUpNursery.artfire.com

User avatar
pudditat
Posts: 6670
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:29 pm
Location: vancouver
Feedback: 268|0|0
Contact:

Re: Special Care Air Dry Paints ~TUTORIAL~ FREE!

Post by pudditat » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:42 pm

Debbie@TNGUN wrote:
pudditat wrote:Thank you for this Debbie. You;re awesome!

One question, I noticed you didn't use any flesh colour on the baby? Or did I miss that part?
No, you didn't miss it Susan. I NEVER use flesh colors so I was really delighted when the line came out without them. :D

It is my understanding that they will be offering flesh colors and pure pigments in the future.

Even with LDC? Do you just do wash, mottling, blushing and detailing?

User avatar
Debbie@TNGUN
Posts: 5426
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:03 pm
Location: Baker City Oregon
Feedback: 87|0|0
Contact:

Re: Special Care Air Dry Paints ~TUTORIAL~ FREE!

Post by Debbie@TNGUN » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:23 am

pudditat wrote:
Debbie@TNGUN wrote:
pudditat wrote:Thank you for this Debbie. You;re awesome!

One question, I noticed you didn't use any flesh colour on the baby? Or did I miss that part?
No, you didn't miss it Susan. I NEVER use flesh colors so I was really delighted when the line came out without them. :D

It is my understanding that they will be offering flesh colors and pure pigments in the future.

Even with LDC? Do you just do wash, mottling, blushing and detailing?
Even with LDC, Art and Magic, Genesis, you name it. I hate flesh washes. But I do a whole lot more than what this tutorial shows on a Master Artist Series doll. This tutorial is just the basic technique to help the brand new beginner to either the art or to Air Dry Paints be able to create a simple baby that looks real. I want them to be encouraged to continue on. As they learn, they can do the extra layers and details.

I am anxious to create a Master Artist Series doll with these paints but first, I have to get back to some silicones.
Debbie
They Never Grow Up Nursery
Where babies are babies...Forever!

http://www.theynevergrowupnursery.com

BLOG: http://theynevergrowupnursery.blogspot.com

MOHAIR and LDC Color Guides: http://TheyNeverGrowUpNursery.artfire.com

Adjs House of Babies
Posts: 2041
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 7:33 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia.
Feedback: 23|0|0

Re: Special Care Air Dry Paints ~TUTORIAL~ FREE!

Post by Adjs House of Babies » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:48 am

Thanks So Much Debbie, You have Given me the inspiration to try these paints ;)
I was also wondering if these paints are suitable for silicone babies?!?! i would like to venture in buying silicone kits...

Cant wait to give these paints a go :toast:
Image

User avatar
Debbie@TNGUN
Posts: 5426
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:03 pm
Location: Baker City Oregon
Feedback: 87|0|0
Contact:

Re: Special Care Air Dry Paints ~TUTORIAL~ FREE!

Post by Debbie@TNGUN » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:15 am

Adjs House of Babies wrote:Thanks So Much Debbie, You have Given me the inspiration to try these paints ;)
I was also wondering if these paints are suitable for silicone babies?!?! i would like to venture in buying silicone kits...

Cant wait to give these paints a go :toast:
You are welcome!! I am glad that you are spurred on.

No, absolutely not, these paints won't work for silicone dolls. The BEST way to paint silicone dolls is with silicone paints from a silicone company.
Debbie
They Never Grow Up Nursery
Where babies are babies...Forever!

http://www.theynevergrowupnursery.com

BLOG: http://theynevergrowupnursery.blogspot.com

MOHAIR and LDC Color Guides: http://TheyNeverGrowUpNursery.artfire.com

User avatar
pudditat
Posts: 6670
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:29 pm
Location: vancouver
Feedback: 268|0|0
Contact:

Re: Special Care Air Dry Paints ~TUTORIAL~ FREE!

Post by pudditat » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:35 pm

Thank you so much Debbie. I can't wait to learn about your Master Series techniques too. I've learned so much from you!

christineskeepsakebabies
Posts: 1069
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:57 am
Location: United States
Feedback: 28|0|0
Contact:

Re: Special Care Air Dry Paints ~TUTORIAL~ FREE!

Post by christineskeepsakebabies » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:59 pm

Thank you for posting the tutorial . I am very interested in trying these paints. Gotta buy new brushes,and some little plates like what you use,first too.

User avatar
Debbie@TNGUN
Posts: 5426
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:03 pm
Location: Baker City Oregon
Feedback: 87|0|0
Contact:

Re: Special Care Air Dry Paints ~TUTORIAL~ FREE!

Post by Debbie@TNGUN » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:07 pm

pudditat wrote:Thank you so much Debbie. I can't wait to learn about your Master Series techniques too. I've learned so much from you!
:D THOSE are on my reborn DVD :) I won't be doing a tutorial for them as I just can't afford the time :(
Debbie
They Never Grow Up Nursery
Where babies are babies...Forever!

http://www.theynevergrowupnursery.com

BLOG: http://theynevergrowupnursery.blogspot.com

MOHAIR and LDC Color Guides: http://TheyNeverGrowUpNursery.artfire.com

marilyn
Posts: 8480
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2003 10:05 pm
Location: York, Pennsylvania
Feedback: 197|2|0

Re: Special Care Air Dry Paints ~TUTORIAL~ FREE!

Post by marilyn » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:27 am

Hi Debbie.....I have 2 questions.....

I hate the long process of painting anymore with GHS paints and am thinking of trying the Special Care paints. Is the transition difficult? And are the colors as vibrant as the GHSP paints?

Also, are you making anymore of our Create a Baby?

User avatar
cookielover
Posts: 8857
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:55 pm
Location: S.F. Bay Area, California
Feedback: 129|0|0

Re: Special Care Air Dry Paints ~TUTORIAL~ FREE!

Post by cookielover » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:30 am

Just saw this..... will read later .... thanks, Ruth
Image
Love is not defined by what the other can give you, but who they allow you to be.

User avatar
Debbie@TNGUN
Posts: 5426
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:03 pm
Location: Baker City Oregon
Feedback: 87|0|0
Contact:

Re: Special Care Air Dry Paints ~TUTORIAL~ FREE!

Post by Debbie@TNGUN » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:56 am

marilyn wrote:Hi Debbie.....I have 2 questions.....

I hate the long process of painting anymore with GHS paints and am thinking of trying the Special Care paints. Is the transition difficult? And are the colors as vibrant as the GHSP paints?

Also, are you making anymore of our Create a Baby?
I hear you Marilyn!

To answer, no, that transition is not difficult. The techniques that I used (and some I developed) are the same techniques that I brought over from using Genesis paints. In fact, I can still go back to Genesis (as I do with Ethnic toned babies) without any hitch in my painting. But oh ugh! Do I wish I would have time to perfect the Ethnic tones with the air dry paints because using Genesis takes...FOREVER!

I think that the colors of air dry paints are as vibrant and much more true and pure than Genesis paints. You have seen my dolls since 2008...almost all of them have been painted with air dry paints, and I find the Special Care paints to be no different.

I have a few Create a Baby kits left to enhance into Create a Babies...Created! I just haven't had the time. I want to bring some to the last two shows I'll be doing this year but I'm just not sure. They don't take much time but by the time I get my other babies done, it's just time to go!
Debbie
They Never Grow Up Nursery
Where babies are babies...Forever!

http://www.theynevergrowupnursery.com

BLOG: http://theynevergrowupnursery.blogspot.com

MOHAIR and LDC Color Guides: http://TheyNeverGrowUpNursery.artfire.com

yasminao007
Feedback: 0|0|0

Re: Special Care Air Dry Paints ~TUTORIAL~ FREE!

Post by yasminao007 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:18 am

thank you!

Post Reply