Information for Denver 2015

Posts announcing and concerning doll shows should go here.
tracey427

Information for Denver 2015

Post by tracey427 »

Hi Everyone:

In an effort to keep everyone up to date with our Denver show you will probably get sick of seeing me post something under doll shows at least once a week and as time gets closer twice a week or more.

The first thing I want to talk about is our charity for 2015. We as a board have decided to "adopt" Alzhiemers as our charity. We actually have a special name for 2015's charity and we will continue with this name for each year and each charity. We will call the charity portion of our company as ROSE CARES and assists with cuddle therapy.

Whew that's a mouth full I know. There are many of you who have seen in person how one of our precious babies can bring joy to the elderly, to the down hearted, to the sick, etc. Our goal with ROSE CARES is to bring a baby into as many arms as we can. It won't strictly be for Alzheimer's patients but that will be the beginning of our focus. Along this line I am going to come to you for two different donations. The first to be a donation of a reborn. If you are interested in donating we are asking for the following: Bald or painted hair, open eyed, no eye lashes and weighted to know more than five pounds. We would also ask that if possible you send the baby in a sleeper/pjs and a blanket. Our hope as we raise money is that eventually we will be able to give each artist a flat fee for creating these babies and to help off set the price of your materials. As we are just starting up we have no funds for this yet....which leads to the second request: We are asking for donations for a drawing next year. All proceeds made from this drawing will go directly to ROSE CARES to help with getting babies made.

Some of us are "just" collectors and we don't make dolls, this would include me, so collectors have a couple choices. You could donate a kit, clothes, blanket to us to give to the artists creating these babies or you could donate a prize for our drawing.

I know this seems really early to start asking, but as I am asking people to create something I want to give you plenty of time.

Ok that being out of the way...I will give you the first hint of something we have planned for 2015....can't give you all the info, but here's a little tease.

(Music) Babies all the way......

Next we want to tell you that we are hoping to grow our show and make it more diversified. We are in talks with several other types of doll art and teddy bears. We would love to give you all the feeling of IDEX but on a more personal level. We have heard some different opinions. Some people say: "there were too many reborns" and others have told us please keep it reborn/silicone focused. We have had people ask us why we are "taking DEDS" away from North Carolina and that Denver is "too far" Well here's the answers. ROSE always intended to be hosted in Denver. When we formed our company in September 2015 we had no plans on taking on DEDS but to just give ourselves almost two years to put together the Denver show. We did not take away DEDS away. What happened was the show was going to fold in 2014 and there would have been a lot of people who lost money for airline tickets, booths etc. We took the show on to save it and yes to give each of us some experience. WOW did we get an experience!!! We did so much right and I feel sure some things ineffectively. But what we did wrong I believe we all learned from and hopefully will grow and correct it for 2015. Next for those of you who say that Denver is too far away. I have lived in California for 15 years now and this is the first time there has been a show geared to my collections anywhere on the West Coast. For years I have traveled to FL or NC. It's an all day trip to either venue from California but always so worth it. When you think it's too far to go think about our artists and vendors coming from South Africa, Australia, Canada etc etc. It's about a 3 - 3.5 hour flight from NC to Denver. Denver is a huge international airport and tons of flights go in and out of Denver daily. It's a beautiful airport and fairly new (it's one of my favorite layover spots when I travel) Of course we understand not everyone can make it because of cost, kids etc...we just want to warmly welcome you and let you know if you are there we are going to do everything possible to make it fun and worthwhile.

Our showroom floor is like 2.5 times bigger. The hotel is bigger (and may I say beautiful). They have given us excellent rates $99 ($10 for each additional person) this rate will include a free breakfast for each person, every day you are there. The hotel is very close to the airport and shuttle service will be available. Now I can't say that they will run us to Walmart etc like the wonderful people at the Sheraton did but I have been told there are plenty of places to eat and shop near by. The hotel is so excited to have us all!!! Sarah and Dana have been working with the hotel since last fall....it's going to be AWESOME.

Phew that's all I have for now. If you are interested in obtaining a booth or table please go to our website where you will get all the information you need. If you are waiting for an invoice for a booth or table that you have already purchased...give me time. I have recently taken over the money portion of our show and I have A LOT to learn!!

If you have any other questions you can always contact me thru pm here or my email Tracey427@aol.com If you need to actually talk to me send me a note and I will give you my email. However please know there are four of us ladies total working on this show. Each of us has a specific roll in the show, so if what you are asking about doesn't fall under my area of the show, I will get you directed to the right person. We are a team!!! We are so grateful to all of you who attended DEDS 2014! Can't wait to meet new friends in 2015 and connect with old friends.

Next update won't be so long winded LOL
Hugs
Owner - Oma's Attic - Boutique Clothes At Oma's Prices
Barbara L.

Re: Information for Denver 2015

Post by Barbara L. »

Thanks for the information about the Denver show.
I am very happy you are having a doll show in the center of the country, especially since I live in
Kansas, 8 miles from the Colorado border ... :dance: I am still about 5 hours from Denver, but it is at least
a possibility for me to attend.

I would love to see more than just silicones and reborns. I love all kinds of dolls and there are so many types
of dolls, antiques, vintage, bjd, that doll collectors want to see. Teddy bears would be great too!
"Hold your family close, love and protect them and always be kind."
Amy

Post by Amy »

I love the charity idea! Will you be updating with an address where donations (kits, clothes, blankets, etc) should be sent?
Also with a paypal address to send monetary donations to? Or when/if someone wants to donate should they pm you?
Mistijo

Post by Mistijo »

Will the show always be held in Denver?
erin1958

Post by erin1958 »

I'm sooooo glad there's FINALLY going to be a show in the middle of the country. All of us Midwesterners and Westcoasters have always had to travel to the East Coast and its nice to have it at least some closer. I for one, will finally be able to go again. YIPEEEE!!
HAVE A WONDERFUL DOLLY DAY!!
Hugs, Erin

•Darling Serenity by LLE - FOR SALE•
Elisabettas Babies

Post by Elisabettas Babies »

Thank you for all the info Tracey!! I'm very excited and won't miss the show. Denver is a great choice location I think.

About the charity, I'm very interested in donating a baby. It's a worthy cause! Thank you for organizing it as well.
jenlovesdolls

Post by jenlovesdolls »

There will always be people complaining about location, as long as it is in the USA I will always try to make it :)
Once a year is completely worth it IMO! Even the lack of sleep, how often do we get to be around other doll people?!
Sandra from WV

Post by Sandra from WV »

Has the name of the hotel in Denver been mentioned yet ? I keep missing that information.. :dunno:
DianeLovesBabies

Post by DianeLovesBabies »

Thanks for the information Tracey. I also do not care where these shows are held. Just hop on a plane and before you know it you are there. Where and when will be able to see more details about the show like show dates and times of all events. Just so excited and looking forward to July 2015. My arm should be completely healed and ready to travel again by then.

Hugs
Diane
Be happy and play with dolls!
jenlovesdolls

Post by jenlovesdolls »

Sandra from WV wrote:Has the name of the hotel in Denver been mentioned yet ? I keep missing that information.. :dunno:
It is the Crown Plaza Denver International Airport Convention Center 15500 East 40th Ave Denver, CO 80239

Here is the link to the ROSE show information:
http://www.roseinternationaldollshow.com/
Sandra from WV

Post by Sandra from WV »

Thanks !!!! Getting excited already :elephant: :dance: :headspin:
LindaBforbabies

Post by LindaBforbabies »

I am already getting excited in anticipation of going to another doll show...I so enjoyed this year's show...but, would even be
more excited to see other types of dolls. Living in Canada, we don't get to ever see beautiful dolls in person. I would really enjoy
seeing a huge variety and the bears are an awesome idea too. I would also like to see someone selling ready made doll bodies...
with examples of these bodies on dolls...It is so hard to tell which body works for which dolls...wish there was a whole booth of
just doll bodies...especially if they used Chelle's patterns and anyone who sews would probably do really well. :D :D :D
I will be checking back often for future updates.
tracey427

Post by tracey427 »

Amy wrote:I love the charity idea! Will you be updating with an address where donations (kits, clothes, blankets, etc) should be sent?
Also with a paypal address to send monetary donations to? Or when/if someone wants to donate should they pm you?

Thank you for asking about the charity. We are currently in the works of setting up a paypal account that is only for the ROSE CARES Charity. As soon as it's up and running I will let you all know here. We have HUGE plans for this Charity and hope to keep it running for a very long time!!! As far as shipping babies, clothes donations. I am working with the ladies in Colorado to set that all up. We are also working with a local (Colorado) nursing home to have a day for just their patients!! I am so excited I can hardly stand it

The show is July 14-18th 2015 at the Crown Plaza.

Here's our web link if you have any other questions, please feel free to let me know
www.roseinternationaldollshow.com
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

I am so excited for this show in Denver I am starting to save up now because I am going. Thank you for the update.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
EmilyD

Post by EmilyD »

Thanks for the information :) I cannot wait until Denver next July :dance:
AVMAURA

Post by AVMAURA »

I will be going to show as I am moving to CO Springs in June..I am disabled and need a handicapped room as I use an electric scooter..Do they have those at this hotel..Are there resturants within walking distance of hotel so I can use my scooter to get there? I want to be able to participate ..Once my son drops me off at hotel for weekend hes taking his family..with my van to see other sites in Denver..When do we have to book room and pay for it?

Im excited about charity and will def donate outfit and blanket :)
jenlovesdolls

Post by jenlovesdolls »

AVMAURA wrote:I will be going to show as I am moving to CO Springs in June..I am disabled and need a handicapped room as I use an electric scooter..Do they have those at this hotel..Are there resturants within walking distance of hotel so I can use my scooter to get there? I want to be able to participate ..Once my son drops me off at hotel for weekend hes taking his family..with my van to see other sites in Denver..When do we have to book room and pay for it?

Im excited about charity and will def donate outfit and blanket :)
There is a restaurant right in the hotel. I did look up local restaurants and there are a few fast food places, a mexican and asian restaurant, and a steak house, the rest are further away.
I know you can book your room 50 weeks in advance and I plan to book the end of August. You shouldn't have to pay until you check out, some hotels will charge your card when you check in if you use a debit card, but to book the room you don't get charged, they will ask for a card to reserve it though. I would think all hotels work generally the same and that has been my experience.
I would call them about the handicapped room, I would imagine they have some.

I can tell you that once I am at a doll show I don't want to go anywhere, it is fun just hanging around the hotel and talking to other doll lovers! There is always someone around to chat with :)
tracey427

Post by tracey427 »

Thanks Jen for answering....you da bomb

I believe it's a law that all hotels have to have handicap available rooms However I would double check with the hotel as they may be limited. Please don't worry about eating. There will be plenty of people around and if need be someone can always run and find you something to eat. Us dolly people stick together.
Elisabettas Babies

Post by Elisabettas Babies »

tracey427 wrote:Thanks Jen for answering....you da bomb

I believe it's a law that all hotels have to have handicap available rooms However I would double check with the hotel as they may be limited. Please don't worry about eating. There will be plenty of people around and if need be someone can always run and find you something to eat. Us dolly people stick together.
Where's the LIKE button here?????
tracey427

Post by tracey427 »

Mistijo wrote:Will the show always be held in Denver?

Sorry mistijo I thought I answered this but it must have disappeared. For now ROSE will be in Denver. I can't say for sure what the future holds.

Publish the Menu module to "offcanvas" position. Here you can publish other modules as well.
Learn More.