PLEASE READ !! URGENT !! UPDATE !!!

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
GoddessKelly28

PLEASE READ !! URGENT !! UPDATE !!!

Post by GoddessKelly28 »

Hello everyone, I am in need of raising some money really fast !! My stray puppy,Winchester who came into our lives a month ago , is very sick. One minute he was fine, acting like a puppy does !! Next thing I knew he was vomiting and had blood in his poop. I took him to the vet , he has Parvovirus.It can be fatal. It is highly contagious , and I have 3 other dogs who are at risk . It came on so suddenly ,I thought he was sick because of a chewy I gave him . Hopefully we caught it in time. He is being treated at the Vet's , he has to stay for several days. It is going to be very expensive !! Because of other issues that have popped up , I don't have the money for his treatment . The only other option is putting him down , and I will NOT be doing that !!! I am listing some dolls I would like to sell , please take a look at them , I will be taking offers as well. Some of them don't have pictures yet , but I promise they will be posted later.

WINCHESTER is going to make it !! He survived the first 72 hours , ( I was giving him homemade chicken soup with a medicine dropper ) He is still on an IV drip with antibiotics , but he is eating !!! . My other 3 dogs , Killa Willa Billa Bong , Toby the Termanite and Tinkerbelly all need to be tested . I had to throw out all of their toys , dog bowls , rugs . I've washed everything down with bleach . We might have to replace our living room carpet . Parvo is a very bad virus, it can live on things for up to 9 months !! I have been so upset !! I know that when you take in strays , you are taking a chance. But , I can't just walk away .

Last edited by GoddessKelly28 on Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nicoles Nursery Babies

Re: PLEASE READ !! URGENT !!

Post by Nicoles Nursery Babies »

BOL with him. He's adorable. Parvo is horrible. I hope your other fur babies had their shots. I'll go look at your listing & hopefully find something there. :hug: kudos for taking care of a sweet stray.
Hugs
Nicole

ttulsajess

Post by ttulsajess »

I have experience with parvo. If they caught it in time and can treat him, he'll be fine. It cost me 300 dollars to save my puppy. Ask around at other vets. Although mine was 13 yrs ago. Now he can eat anything. He loves to devour chocolate. Cast iron digestive tract.

Suzanne

Post by Suzanne »

I am so sorry! What a precious puppy, I hope he gets well fast..

englishjan

Post by englishjan »

AWW! HE IS BEAUTIFUL!!!! I DO HOPE YOU HAVE CAUGHT IT IN TIME! PARVO IS A HORRIBLE THING!!! GOOD LUCK!

SharonL

Post by SharonL »

Awww, he's beautiful! Let us know how he's doing. :heart:
SharonL
We now live in Virginia, about 20 miles south of Richmond.
Any dolly lovers, bear lovers, around?

Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

He's such a cutie! I'm sorry he's sick :(

Joy-n-KY

Post by Joy-n-KY »

I've been through Parvo too...$600 but my dog was a giant breed. Good luck.

LanaDollfana

Post by LanaDollfana »

We had a puppy with parvo once. It was a long course of treatment and very expensive. I sure hope that cutie can be saved.

Lana

Inspired_Rebecca

Post by Inspired_Rebecca »

I hope your puppy gets better soon and BOL with your sales.
Last edited by Inspired_Rebecca on Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rebecca

Suebee_Lullaby Lane

Post by Suebee_Lullaby Lane »

Oh dear! I got my college boyfriend a dog that ended up with parvo after we broke up and it cost him over $1200 in vet bills back in 1982 (he did live)! I'm sure they have come a long way since 1982.

Your puppy is darling! I hope everything works out that you are able to help him.

Big hugs!

DianneDollLover

Post by DianneDollLover »

Oh no, I hope he gets well Kelly. My neighbors dog got parvo and lived but was very sick for awhile. I'll be praying for him. Hugs and Blessings, Dianne :hug:

pudditat

Post by pudditat »

Oh that is so heartbreaking! I am sorry Kelly. Goodluck on your sale. :hug:

GoddessKelly28

Re: PLEASE READ !! URGENT !! UPDATE !!!

Post by GoddessKelly28 »

Also, I have been so busy cleaning everything , and running back and forth to the vet, I have not listed my dolls yet. Please give me a little more time, and I WILL get them listed !! Thank you !!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Rosewood Jannie

Post by Rosewood Jannie »

You're a doggy hero Kelly :heart: :heart: :foryou: :foryou:

DianneDollLover

Post by DianneDollLover »

I'm so glad he is doing better! :elephant:

tuckerk

Post by tuckerk »

Good luck Kelly..........He is so adorable...........Hope everything goes well and will say a prayer .........good luck on your babies.........Hugs, Kathy