Done with this topic

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Pebby

Done with this topic

Post by Pebby »

First of all I find it hard to believe my auction was found in "baby phat" I know it is clothing. I received this letter yesterday and will be talking to ebay about it , but I wonder what others opinions on this are...... After all these years I have never received a message such as this. I did not respond to her and I do not plan on it. I think she was rude and has no business assuming anything about my past life, We all call them reborns, have for years. The Reborn baby will be going to a new home tomorrow.

No one seems to get the point here.
Last edited by Pebby on Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elle Rae

Re: I felt like I was attacked.. Opinions needed please.

Post by Elle Rae »

I don't think you are reading it in the tone it was intended in. She wasn't trying to be rude or attack you, it sounds to me like she's just not familiar with the hobby. Also, years ago, I stumbled upon reborn dolls when looking for baby clothes for my daughter on ebay :D
Becca

Post by Becca »

I don’t see anything rude about it or why you would go to eBay over it. She’s not attacking you. She is simply asking a question. She saw the word reborn and wants to know if it is associated with reincarnation. I’ve never thought to put those two things together myself but I can see how someone else might.
:foryou:
avigrace96

Post by avigrace96 »

I also didn’t find the message rude. I thought it was strange, but it sounds like this woman is just curious. I’m not totally sure what she is asking but she may be taking the word “reborn” to mean “born again.”
Thia

Post by Thia »

I agree with the above 3 comments.
Pebby

Post by Pebby »

Well I have no idea why she would say my past life? I found it offensive and took it to ebay. Also it was not found in the baby phat clothing listings either like she said......... It's not like I asked her opinion for anything.
Pebby

Post by Pebby »

Maybe I should of just told her since the death of my daughter I needed something to keep me busy and took up reborns, They have been called REBORNS for years but maybe some of you forgot or weren't aware of it either.
love4reborns

Post by love4reborns »

You’re reading negativity when there is none...

It looks like for HER, with no knowledge of reborn dolls, the word reborn means reincarnation. Based on her association, she’s asking your experience.

She may have no idea that reborn dolls exist.
Mikki

Post by Mikki »

Oh dear...so sorry for your loss..I can't imagine...
An "outsider" that isn't a doll collector or Reborner or such doesn't get the many reasons we do care for thee dolls.There are several in your same spot I hate to say...They can be theraputic...Maybe She's a religious person? The Baby Phat thing and past life I do think is odd if not out of line too. We all go to Ebay if there's a question or problem..for you this bothered you and therefor an issue...Maybe most of us would just read Her off as weird..it meant something else to you.Take care enjoy your dolls.
Realborn Jaxon

Mikki W
Pebby

Post by Pebby »

I would of thought that except the fact she said she saw the listing under Baby Phat clothing. That makes no sense whatsoever
Pebby

Post by Pebby »

Mikki
Thank you
Emi_teacupbears

Post by Emi_teacupbears »

I don’t think she was attacking you, nor was she questioning that reborns are called reborns. She simply didn’t know what the art form was and was asking what the word meant. I don’t think filing a complaint with eBay will do much, since the message wasn’t aggressive or mean, and it’s not like they could ban her for it.

(Also, none of us have “forgotten” the history of reborning. I think we’re just reading the message in different ways.)

That said, I’m sincerely sorry that she made you feel attacked, and I’m sorry for your loss. Best of luck with your sale.
Pebby

Post by Pebby »

Emi
Ebay found it harassing. Everyone has their opinions and it was direct to me . Not to all the other 2000 plus reborners and to say she found it under clothing that is a red flag. Had she not said that I may of taken it differently. Personally you can all think what you want until it’s directed to you then you may change your thoughts on it.
Emi_teacupbears

Post by Emi_teacupbears »

Okay, I'm glad eBay listened to your side of the story. The title of your thread said "opinions needed," and we gave ours. Again, best of luck moving forward.
Pebby

Post by Pebby »

Oh its ok Emi, every one has their opinion.
Pebby

Post by Pebby »

Well someone from doll fan told her I posted the message on doll fan so apparently she Knows what reborns are.
KyleeCat S

Post by KyleeCat S »

I can see how you read it that way. I don't think she meant anything nasty by saying it, but, I don't know why she HAD to say it. It can feel rude and inappropriate, but I don't think she meant it that way. I would explain the hobby to her, and then if she persists, report it....that's what I would do.
KYLEE
Pebby

Post by Pebby »

She just sent another message to me telling me someone from doll fan contacted her so I think she knows what a reborn is. Ebay is going to call me back. Im not going to deal with her ignorance.
~Valerie~Anne~

Post by ~Valerie~Anne~ »

If she did mean anything by it, that would be wrong. It's hard to know one way or the other without asking her what she meant. I am so sorry you lost your daughter, how very sad. I can't imagine what you've been through.
Emma Rose
Elle Rae

Post by Elle Rae »

Pebby, you should really just let it go. She obviously did not know what reborns are. Someone could have contacted her from here because you posted her user id, that doesn't mean she knew them, or anything about the community. You're reading way too far into an innocent message, try not to take it so personal.

Publish the Menu module to "offcanvas" position. Here you can publish other modules as well.
Learn More.