Silicone reactions?

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
RoseGardenBabies

Silicone reactions?

Post by RoseGardenBabies »

I’ve gerd things about silicone reacting badly to certain things like you shouldn’t let your silicone and vinyl babies touch. I’m in love with thoes natural rubber pacifiers I was wondering if this would react to silicone or if there is other things I should worry about... thank you

HushabyeMargie

Re: Silicone reactions?

Post by HushabyeMargie »

Silicone and polymer clay should not touch. I have not heard of any reactions from vinyl.
Blessings!
Margie
Hushabye Babies

RoseGardenBabies

Post by RoseGardenBabies »

Thanks I diddnt know that one!

Annette

Post by Annette »

Silicone shouldn’t touch vinyls. If you can find silicone paci’s, those are best to use with your silicone dolls. :)
Hugs Annette

cookielover

Post by cookielover »

I have recently become interested in BJD. When one puts the eyes in the heads it is suggested to use the silicone ear plugs. Is there any problem with that? Ruth
Love is not defined by what the other can give you, but who they allow you to be.

CatW

Post by CatW »

If we can use silicone pacifiers with vinyl dolls, what is the difference with silicone and vinyl touching? Curious because I have heard this for years, but no one has ever posted a reaction.

C
hugs xo, Cat

Sandis Doll House

Post by Sandis Doll House »

I've collected silicone dolls for years and never had an issue with paci's.

EmilyJ

Post by EmilyJ »

I haven't experienced it myself, but I've heard people say that silicone pulls the paint off dolls of other mediums. Also, silicone reacts with latex. I've heard only uncured silicone reacts with latex, but personally I wouldn't risk using a latex pacifier with a silicone baby. They are just too expensive to risk it.

Ruth, I'm not sure about the silicone reacting with resin, but I've used the silicone earplugs in my BJDs for years without problems.
:heart: Lilliana reborn by Daria Makarenkova :heart:
Lilliana doll kits are available to purchase now!

http://www.babiesbyemily.com/
http://www.facebook.com/babiesbyemily

Annette

Post by Annette »

Just to be on the safe side, I’d keep different medium dolls away from each other. But as someone said, we’ve used silicone paci’s in reborns for years, with no reaction. Maybe it’s the type of silicone?
EmilyJ wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:35 am

Ruth, I'm not sure about the silicone reacting with resin, but I've used the silicone earplugs in my BJDs for years without problems.
Now you’ve peaked my curiosity.....what do you use the earplugs for? :)
Hugs Annette

cookielover

Post by cookielover »

Annette wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:11 am
Just to be on the safe side, I’d keep different medium dolls away from each other. But as someone said, we’ve used silicone paci’s in reborns for years, with no reaction. Maybe it’s the type of silicone?
EmilyJ wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:35 am

Now you’ve peaked my curiosity.....what do you use the earplugs for? :)
You use the silicone earplugs to set the eyes in the BJD. Ruth
Love is not defined by what the other can give you, but who they allow you to be.

Threads

Post by Threads »

I have silicone dolls and clay dolls altogether and touching in places but no reaction, but just in case will now make sure space is left between them

MonikaS

Post by MonikaS »

Threads wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:33 am
I have silicone dolls and clay dolls altogether and touching in places but no reaction, but just in case will now make sure space is left between them
I use clothing to separate them. Blankets etc.
MonikaS

MonikaS

Post by MonikaS »

cookielover wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:14 pm
I have recently become interested in BJD. When one puts the eyes in the heads it is suggested to use the silicone ear plugs. Is there any problem with that? Ruth
Ruth, I thought the same thing. However, if it is a problem, we would all be in trouble. I have not seen any problems to date, other than some putty turning gooey like gum in warm rooms.
MonikaS

Suzanne

Post by Suzanne »

RoseGardenBabies wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:30 pm
I’ve gerd things about silicone reacting badly to certain things like you shouldn’t let your silicone and vinyl babies touch. I’m in love with thoes natural rubber pacifiers I was wondering if this would react to silicone or if there is other things I should worry about... thank you
I have used those rubber pacifers on mine and even forgot about one and left it there for a week! but I did nothing to my silicone doll... I even use the vintage rubber ones and latex and no problems at all... just my experience anyway!!