Sticky silicone question

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Post Reply
User avatar
cookielover
Posts: 8659
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:55 pm
Location: S.F. Bay Area, California
Feedback: 127|0|0

Sticky silicone question

Post by cookielover » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:30 pm

A few of my older silicones -- early 2000s -- are getting a little sticky. In the past I have just baby powdered them. This morning decided to do a Michelle Fagan baby that I just love -- Sunshine
SunshineFagan.jpg
So here is my question: Should I wash her before I baby powder her or does it matter?

Thanks, Ruth
Image
Love is not defined by what the other can give you, but who they allow you to be.

LindaBforbabies
Posts: 15521
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2002 3:32 pm
Location: Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Feedback: 245|2|0

Re: Sticky silicone question

Post by LindaBforbabies » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:13 pm

I would wash to get rid of any dust ir residue..
Hugs Linda!!!

User avatar
cookielover
Posts: 8659
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:55 pm
Location: S.F. Bay Area, California
Feedback: 127|0|0

Re: Sticky silicone question

Post by cookielover » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:43 pm

Thank you! Ruth
Image
Love is not defined by what the other can give you, but who they allow you to be.

User avatar
georgeanne
Posts: 35286
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:02 am
Location: Arizona
Feedback: 165|0|0

Re: Sticky silicone question

Post by georgeanne » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:26 pm

Hi Ruth, don't use regular baby powder on your silicones. I use pure cornstarch on mine.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts

User avatar
cookielover
Posts: 8659
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:55 pm
Location: S.F. Bay Area, California
Feedback: 127|0|0

Re: Sticky silicone question

Post by cookielover » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:53 pm

Thanks Georgeanne - will buy cornstarch tomorrow. Hugs, Ruth
Image
Love is not defined by what the other can give you, but who they allow you to be.

User avatar
KekeLeo
Posts: 358
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:23 am
Location: North Carolina, USA
Feedback: 5|0|0

Re: Sticky silicone question

Post by KekeLeo » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:21 pm

I have heard Just Matte works wonders. I’ve only used cornstarch myself but I’m thinking of ordering it from D3 creations. Has anyone tried that?
My childhood may be over, but that doesn’t mean playtime is.
Ron Olson

User avatar
georgeanne
Posts: 35286
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:02 am
Location: Arizona
Feedback: 165|0|0

Re: Sticky silicone question

Post by georgeanne » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:04 pm

KekeLeo wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:21 pm
I have heard Just Matte works wonders. I’ve only used cornstarch myself but I’m thinking of ordering it from D3 creations. Has anyone tried that?
I haven't tried it myself, but I do remember several people that are members here saying that it works really well. I have just opted for the less expensive thing that works for me but I would have no problem buying some of the Just Matte from D3 anytime in the future.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts

User avatar
KekeLeo
Posts: 358
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:23 am
Location: North Carolina, USA
Feedback: 5|0|0

Re: Sticky silicone question

Post by KekeLeo » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:33 pm

georgeanne wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:04 pm
KekeLeo wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:21 pm
I have heard Just Matte works wonders. I’ve only used cornstarch myself but I’m thinking of ordering it from D3 creations. Has anyone tried that?
I haven't tried it myself, but I do remember several people that are members here saying that it works really well. I have just opted for the less expensive thing that works for me but I would have no problem buying some of the Just Matte from D3 anytime in the future.
Smart idea! I’ve been using cornstarch as well just been thinking of making the switch. I do miss the baby powder smell!
My childhood may be over, but that doesn’t mean playtime is.
Ron Olson

User avatar
georgeanne
Posts: 35286
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:02 am
Location: Arizona
Feedback: 165|0|0

Re: Sticky silicone question

Post by georgeanne » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:15 pm

KekeLeo wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:33 pm
georgeanne wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:04 pm
KekeLeo wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:21 pm
I have heard Just Matte works wonders. I’ve only used cornstarch myself but I’m thinking of ordering it from D3 creations. Has anyone tried that?
I haven't tried it myself, but I do remember several people that are members here saying that it works really well. I have just opted for the less expensive thing that works for me but I would have no problem buying some of the Just Matte from D3 anytime in the future.
Smart idea! I’ve been using cornstarch as well just been thinking of making the switch. I do miss the baby powder smell!
I miss the baby powder smell to, reminds me of when my boys were babies and freshly bathed, and/or changed and baby powdered. That scent brings back such wonderful memories.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts

User avatar
cookielover
Posts: 8659
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:55 pm
Location: S.F. Bay Area, California
Feedback: 127|0|0

Re: Sticky silicone question

Post by cookielover » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:16 am

So where does one get the just matte? Am not familiar with D3 creations. Thanks, Ruth
Image
Love is not defined by what the other can give you, but who they allow you to be.

User avatar
georgeanne
Posts: 35286
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:02 am
Location: Arizona
Feedback: 165|0|0

Re: Sticky silicone question

Post by georgeanne » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:47 am

cookielover wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:16 am
So where does one get the just matte? Am not familiar with D3 creations. Thanks, Ruth
Here you go Ruth. Denise is a member here. http://www.d3creation.com/.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts

Post Reply