Ending Subscription here

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
anjsmiles Angie

Ending Subscription here

Post by anjsmiles Angie » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:26 pm

DF is no longer the active place it used to be. I have decided to cancel my membership here. There are many of you here that have been wonderful friends but those of you who care to contact me can find me on Facebook. I no longer enjoy being on this site since it changed. I canceled my membership here but it looks like I am paid up til next September so I will be able to log in until then. I hardly ever post here any more and seems many others do not either. Hugs to you all and look me up on Facebook or IM.

Suzanne

Re: Ending Subscription here

Post by Suzanne » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:31 pm

Hey Angie. I just realized it’s been three weeks since I’ve been on here too. I used to come here several times a day and share lots of things but there is always and end to everything at some point. I’m not really enjoying it much either. I’m not really enjoying sharing any thing as much as I used too. I just post my dolls on my Facebook page. I still love painting them and my dolls as much as ever. But I’m happy keeping it to myself now! Lol. I’ll find you on FB if we are not already friends.

anjsmiles Angie

Post by anjsmiles Angie » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:02 am

Thank you for commenting Suzanne. It does make me sad but since the board changed to this wonky format it seems to waning even more. I think many have moved on over to FB and Instagram (which I haven't yet really gotten into).

My FB page: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=780398949

My FB nursery page: https://www.facebook.com/AngieJones2004/

Mikki

Post by Mikki » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:19 am

I'll miss you and all your postings...take care.
Realborn Jaxon

Mikki W

Annette

Post by Annette » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:25 pm

Such a shame to see you leaving too. :( If we all stop posting, Steve is going to shut it down. :(
Hugs Annette

georgeanne

Post by georgeanne » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:11 pm

Sad to see you leaving Angie I have gotten so used to the new format that it is easy for me and not irritating as it is for some. I was a big time user of FB, but I really don't like it at all, too much garbage and drama so I post only occasionally now. I love DF and will never leave. I miss seeing all the beautiful reborns, well actually any dolly of any type is always a pleasure to see for me. Wishing everyone well who has left and is leaving I miss you all so much and appreciated each of you and always will.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts

tuckerk

Post by tuckerk » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:54 pm

Angie, Sorry to see you leave, I love seeing your darling babies...………..I don't do Facebook at all...………….I am trying to get more time to post more on Dollfan…………..I have been very busy!!!!!!!!!!!!!Hugs, Kathy

judyismyname

Post by judyismyname » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:06 pm

Hi Angie, I don’t know you well but I do agree with you . Sad to see you leave but this is the trend that seems to be since the BIG format change. I think it has alienated a lot of members and drove people away instead of creating a better site to navigate.
It has really been sad to see long time members and dolly friends disappear.
I find it just one more step in the great technological advances that has driven people further apart.
What was once a tight knit dolly family community has become lost in a tangle of internet confusion.
Very Sad :(

Barbydoll

Post by Barbydoll » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:19 pm

Sorry to see you are leaving, Angie!
I always loved seeing your beautiful babies, too!
I am not that much into Facebook.
Though I know a lot of people have gone there.
I have met so many wonderful people here on Doll-Fan!!!
Best Wishes in the future!
"Our 50th Wedding Celebration"

Dion

Post by Dion » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:43 pm

:( I am sad to see so many people leaving. I think that if you stay on the Forum side of things, it isn't that much different from the old site. It looks pretty much the same to me. If everyone stops posting, this place IS going to die. I think that would be very sad. DF will be what we make it to be. If everyone would post and try really hard to make it a fun, happy and exciting place to be, it could be the old DF that we all knew and loved. It takes EVERYONE helping to bring it to life again, though. To those who never join in, we value you and your opinions, and would love to see your dolls, too. If you want to share your dolls, but can't post pictures, there are a lot of us that will help you. I would encourage everyone to stay and help bring this place back to life again. We could do it if everyone makes the effort. Please stay and help us!

:grouphug: Dion

anjsmiles Angie

Post by anjsmiles Angie » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:52 pm

As it is right now my membership does not end til next September so I am around for now but I did end the auto renew in PP so it won't renew unless I change my mind. I guess that gives me a year to see how this site is going to go. So far though all I see are sales and high priced silicone babies. Not much actual chatting goes on here for fun any more it seems. I have quit posting much myself too because it just seems like not many respond any more.

georgeanne

Post by georgeanne » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:19 pm

anjsmiles Angie wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:52 pm
As it is right now my membership does not end til next September so I am around for now but I did end the auto renew in PP so it won't renew unless I change my mind. I guess that gives me a year to see how this site is going to go. So far though all I see are sales and high priced silicone babies. Not much actual chatting goes on here for fun any more it seems. I have quit posting much myself too because it just seems like not many respond any more.
I hope you renew Angie, maybe this is just a cycle for DF and things will pick up. I need to post pictures more, just so many things have happened in the last few years my life has been consumed with sadness but I do not want DF to end so I will try to be better from now on, although I have the flu at the moment and feel like I was run over by a mack truck and then it backed over me gleefully and squished me flat. :lol:
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts

HushabyeMargie

Post by HushabyeMargie » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:01 pm

DF used to be the first thing I checked in the morning and the last I checked at night. It hasn’t been like that in a very long time. Changing the format did not seem to make DF any easier to operate. I don’t really get the reason for the change because all the old-fashioned qwerks are still there. I have no idea how to post pics on here. FB is a quick upload. Why can’t DF be like that?

Sorry to hear you are leaving, Angie, but, to be honest, I would be already gone if I could remember to cancel my subscription.

And that’s the longest post I have made in a couple of years.
Blessings!
Margie
Hushabye Babies

anjsmiles Angie

Post by anjsmiles Angie » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:46 pm

HushabyeMargie wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:01 pm
DF used to be the first thing I checked in the morning and the last I checked at night. It hasn’t been like that in a very long time. Changing the format did not seem to make DF any easier to operate. I don’t really get the reason for the change because all the old-fashioned qwerks are still there. I have no idea how to post pics on here. FB is a quick upload. Why can’t DF be like that?

Sorry to hear you are leaving, Angie, but, to be honest, I would be already gone if I could remember to cancel my subscription.

And that’s the longest post I have made in a couple of years.
Sigh........I hear you......