It will take effort and commitment from all of us!

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
LindaBforbabies

Re: It will take effort and commitment from all of us!

Post by LindaBforbabies »

Susan@childrenoftheheart wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:35 pm
Oh wow! I just checked -- I've been a member since September of 2003! Going on 16 years! I can hardly believe that. I too still prefer to sell on DollFan versus Facebook. Lots of reasons. I truly miss the old days -- checking DF several times a day -- DollFanaholic! Life has gotten in the way and has kept me busy -- BUT I would love to spend more time on here. I've made so many long-lasting friendships and have learned so much over the years just from being on here.

I'll try to post more often! Thanks Jennny for posting -- I'm so sorry to hear about your parents and hubby. So glad you took the time to post.

Oh, I remember Rosie being one of the ones who would posts lots of funny stories too!

So -- let me post a picture of my sweet Ella by the wonderfully talented Jennie Lee:

IMG_0149.jpg

IMG_0158.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg

IMG_0151.jpg
Your Ella is very beautiful Susan. Just want to thank you for always helping members with posting pictures...

Jenny thanks for bring this to our attention... the board seems to have picked up again.

I am on here so many times throughout my day... It’s always nice to see new posts and new members.

I am an oldie, and have seen many changes over the years...

I buy most of my dolls from you ladies on here... I come here for prayers....and give my prayers to others in need...

The care on this board is what makes it so special... I have made a few life long friends on here...

Of course it is a safe haven to talk about what we all love our dolls, clothing and props... something not too many people understand out there...

This board has also taught me how to be kind and how to relate to others...it is one of my main social activities...

Thank you Steve and Doll-Fan for this experience... :grouphug:

Jenny

Post by Jenny »

LindaBforbabies wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:50 am
Susan@childrenoftheheart wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:35 pm
Oh wow! I just checked -- I've been a member since September of 2003! Going on 16 years! I can hardly believe that. I too still prefer to sell on DollFan versus Facebook. Lots of reasons. I truly miss the old days -- checking DF several times a day -- DollFanaholic! Life has gotten in the way and has kept me busy -- BUT I would love to spend more time on here. I've made so many long-lasting friendships and have learned so much over the years just from being on here.

I'll try to post more often! Thanks Jennny for posting -- I'm so sorry to hear about your parents and hubby. So glad you took the time to post.

Oh, I remember Rosie being one of the ones who would posts lots of funny stories too!

So -- let me post a picture of my sweet Ella by the wonderfully talented Jennie Lee:

IMG_0149.jpg

IMG_0158.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg

IMG_0151.jpg
Your Ella is very beautiful Susan. Just want to thank you for always helping members with posting pictures...

Jenny thanks for bring this to our attention... the board seems to have picked up again.

I am on here so many times throughout my day... It’s always nice to see new posts and new members.

I am an oldie, and have seen many changes over the years...

I buy most of my dolls from you ladies on here... I come here for prayers....and give my prayers to others in need...

The care on this board is what makes it so special... I have made a few life long friends on here...

Of course it is a safe haven to talk about what we all love our dolls, clothing and props... something not too many people understand out there...

This board has also taught me how to be kind and how to relate to others...it is one of my main social activities...

Thank you Steve and Doll-Fan for this experience... :grouphug:
It is so great that everyone is putting forth effort to share their memories, pictures, and bringing back some old post that us old timers and even new members can enjoy! Thank you to everyone for sharing your fond memories... Now let’s make new memories! :elephant:

kd

Post by kd »

I joined DF in 2002. I was a member of the original DF in 1999. I still enjoy reading here, everyday, and getting to know doll friends.

Jenny

Post by Jenny »

kd wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:05 am
I joined DF in 2002. I was a member of the original DF in 1999. I still enjoy reading here, everyday, and getting to know doll friends.
Wow! You have been around for awhile! I love seeing your post! :D

kd

Post by kd »

Jenny wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:33 pm
kd wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:05 am
Wow! You have been around for awhile! I love seeing your post! :D
Thanks. I love seeing yours, and everyone's posts, too.

DonnaB

Post by DonnaB »

I was a member way back before there was a yearly fee. Geesh, almost 20 years.
D

Annette

Post by Annette »

DonnaB wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:35 pm
I was a member way back before there was a yearly fee. Geesh, almost 20 years.
D
Yep, me too! Remember when we went crazy for Somso hospital training dolls? :lol:
Hugs Annette

Jenny

Post by Jenny »

Donna B and Annette you both joined on the same day almost 17 years ago!

suebabygirl

Post by suebabygirl »

I've been here forever too.. about 17 years I believe. I know all the ladies in this thread and so many that are no longer here. This is a great post. Some of the things you are talking about, take me back a ways! I remember a time before silicones.. yes, before fire too! OOAKs were the rage back then. If you owned a Linda Webb OOAK, you had arrived in the doll world.

Jenny

Post by Jenny »

suebabygirl wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:27 pm
I've been here forever too.. about 17 years I believe. I know all the ladies in this thread and so many that are no longer here. This is a great post. Some of the things you are talking about, take me back a ways! I remember a time before silicones.. yes, before fire too! OOAKs were the rage back then. If you owned a Linda Webb OOAK, you had arrived in the doll world.
Thank you so much for posting! I know we can’t bring back the past, but sharing memories are so much fun! Some of my greatest friends were found on this forum and I will forever be grateful. I will see many of them in about 6 months if the good Lord is willing.

erin1958

Post by erin1958 »

Hi Everyone. This is the first time I’ve gotten on here in ages and I miss the old forum too. I miss the comradery and all my old friends. I’ve really never figured out how to maneuver around on here since Steve changed it so much and it honestly drives me crazy to try. I guess I’m dumb or something but it just makes no sense to me anymore. I also can’t figure out posting pics anymore. I’ve honestly got a lot of dollies and dolly everything that I’m trying to sell so I really should figure it all out again. I’ve been a member here since 2007 and used to spend my days on here. It does feel so much safer and more like home than Facebook does.
I can’t promise how quickly I’ll be around more as it’s crazy in our household right now with some construction going on but I’ll try. I will try. Thanks for working on it Jenny. I’m sorry to hear of all your family hardships. I know that’s tough. Take care everyone. I miss y’all.
HAVE A WONDERFUL DOLLY DAY!!
Hugs, Erin

•Darling Serenity by LLE - FOR SALE•

Jenny

Post by Jenny »

erin1958 wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:22 pm
Hi Everyone. This is the first time I’ve gotten on here in ages and I miss the old forum too. I miss the comradery and all my old friends. I’ve really never figured out how to maneuver around on here since Steve changed it so much and it honestly drives me crazy to try. I guess I’m dumb or something but it just makes no sense to me anymore. I also can’t figure out posting pics anymore. I’ve honestly got a lot of dollies and dolly everything that I’m trying to sell so I really should figure it all out again. I’ve been a member here since 2007 and used to spend my days on here. It does feel so much safer and more like home than Facebook does.
I can’t promise how quickly I’ll be around more as it’s crazy in our household right now with some construction going on but I’ll try. I will try. Thanks for working on it Jenny. I’m sorry to hear of all your family hardships. I know that’s tough. Take care everyone. I miss y’all.
I will help you figure out the picture posting and really once you log on and click on forums ... it just like the old way! :elephant:

MelissaAnn

Post by MelissaAnn »

Hi Ms. Jenny,
So sorry to hear about your hubby & Dad. Sending prayers your way. :foryou: (We need pics of your sweet grand babies, pretty please)

It’s so good to see my long lost dolly friends posting. I must apologize for not being on here much & posting. I will do better & post more. I am going to be thinning out my dolly collection & clothing hoard so be on the lookout. 😉

Sending all you ladies lots of huggies :grouphug:
Meli.

Here’s my newest cutie, well a face only a Mommy could love unless your a Grinch fan! ~ Meet Baby Grinchlynn ~
Attachments
401BB442-AD37-4F62-B8C0-72D603E29F95.jpeg

Jennifer521

Post by Jennifer521 »

Hi! I would like to introduce myself. I’m a newbie here on Doll Fan. My name is Jennifer, and I actually have only been on here a few days. I just purchased Dion’s Baby Liu San, and I can’t wait to receive her. Dion was extremely helpful. I found it very difficult and confusing to navigate around DF. If she hadn’t been so sweet to take time to help me, I might’ve given up and moved on. I was very encouraged by Dion’s kind nature, and if the rest of you are anything like her, DF will be a wonderful, supportive, safe place to be. Being new to doll collecting, it’s hard to know who to trust, where to go, and which dolls/artists/sculptors are reputable so you can get a fair price. I’ve learned a lot by watching Lynn from Little Foot Nursery, Aliyah’s Reborn world, Gee’s Tiny Toes, etc. I think you all can make DF what you want it to be if your focus is on welcoming new people, supporting and encouraging one another, and being honest and genuine. 🤗😁😍😉💚❤️
:hello:

chaosandhappiness

Post by chaosandhappiness »

Jenny wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:48 pm
I have been pretty absent lately because of my dad having Stage 4 liver and lung cancer, my husband and his health issues ( non cancer related) and grand babies. Life has been busy, but I miss this forum terribly, especially all my friends that I have made on here.

It is really sad that this forum has slowed so, the new forum change has confused me a bit, but once I click on forums I am ok! 😂 I miss everyone posting pictures, stories, prayers and praises! So many have gone to Facebook to sell and with the exception of selling locally on Facebook. I just do not feel comfortable selling on Facebook between of all the horrible stories I have read about. Scammers, charge backs, PayPal claims, fake kits and more! I have enough stress without dealing with that. I know issues have happened on here as well, but this little community of doll lovers is a great family with lots of support.

As someone just posted on another post saying they remember when dollfan was only one page and it grew from there to become what it once was. It can become that again,but it will take all of us! Share your pictures, your work in progress babies, your prayers, your praises, your babies new and old! Let’s have contest, a random giveaway! But it will take effort on all of our parts, not just one or two of us!

I can not begin to express how much I miss Dollfan! I love dolls and painting them just as much now as I did then.
Let’s make a pledge to bring the forum back!
Hi Jenny!
I miss the way message boards used to be in communites of similar likes. I would love to see more interaction on here, 1 because I am new to the doll community and would love to get to know everyone and 2 because it's nice to have a place to feel safe posting without all the drama and deception as with what you mentioned about facebook.

chaosandhappiness

Post by chaosandhappiness »

Omgosh, and Jenny I am sorry to hear about your dad and husband not being well. I am hoping for the best for you and your loved ones.

Jenny

Post by Jenny »

Thank you so much! Welcome to Dollfan It is the greatest place to come to and enjoy our passion and love for dolls! Bonus is meeting and making some of the greatest friends of the world!

LanaDollfana

Post by LanaDollfana »

I haven't visited here in a long time but I have missed DF. The new format is confusing but I will learn. There used to be a search feature which I haven't found. Looking for information about how reborning started for a program I will be giving next month. Any information will be appreciated. I know that topic has been covered here in the past.

marilyn

Post by marilyn »

Totally agree with everyone. I have been forlorn noticing that activity has slowed down so much. Used to be you could buy reborns at various prices....now most are too expensive to afford. I know the reasons why and I am not critizing......just commenting.

Jenny

Post by Jenny »

marilyn wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:40 am
Totally agree with everyone. I have been forlorn noticing that activity has slowed down so much. Used to be you could buy reborns at various prices....now most are too expensive to afford. I know the reasons why and I am not critizing......just commenting.
Seems like things are moving in a positive direction lately! I have notice more posts. More babies( both vinyl and silicone) more great posts with sharing pictures of everyone’s collection.(Thank you Annette for that) I see life coming back to this amazing forum.
Please everyone continue posting, sharing, selling on here.
It’s almost Spring cleaning time... clean out your baby closets and chest of drawers and post your clothing, blankets, shoes, pacifiers and anything baby related.

I am going through my doll kits finally and purging some that I may never reborn.