FUN POST! How long have you been a member? Share your fondest post, game, contest, memory ???

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Pat in Alabama

Re: FUN POST! How long have you been a member? Share your fondest post, game, contest, memory ???

Post by Pat in Alabama »

Oh my goodness. After reading all of the posts on this topic I feel like I have just attended a sweet family reunion. The memories that have been shared made my heart happy. I joined in 2005. I remember Terry Quinn being a moderator.
I love this forum. Everyone is ready and willing to laugh or cry with you. We have been through a lot together. I especially like that we have each other's back. :?
I feel confident in buying or selling here. This is my happy place. I visit several times a day.
Love you ladies and hope to see lots of you in June at IDTS.

grandmajan

Re: FUN POST! How long have you been a member? Share your fondest post, game, contest, memory ???

Post by grandmajan »

Been a member since 2000, rejoined 2004. Loved it when more of the artists were members, all my dolls have been acquired through DF.

Jan

georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

I have been a member since November of 2007. I have loved every minute of the time I have spent on DollFan. I've made some dear friends who I will treasure forever. I have so many wonderful memories from my years on DollFan. I have received so much love, and support during some of the most difficult times in my life. How can I ever repay the kindnesses shown to me by so many Ladies here on DollFan. I have laughed until I am crying reading and seeing some of the most hilarious posts and I have cried and been heartbroken by the heartache and tragedies we have faced. I feel truly Blessed to have been a member of DollFan and I hope we will all be posting on DF for many years to come. I love you all so much and cherish each and every one of you.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland

Jenny

Post by Jenny »

Pat in Alabama wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:18 pm
Oh my goodness. After reading all of the posts on this topic I feel like I have just attended a sweet family reunion. The memories that have been shared made my heart happy. I joined in 2005. I remember Terry Quinn being a moderator.
I love this forum. Everyone is ready and willing to laugh or cry with you. We have been through a lot together. I especially like that we have each other's back. :?
I feel confident in buying or selling here. This is my happy place. I visit several times a day.
Love you ladies and hope to see lots of you in June at IDTS.
Love this!

Jenny

Post by Jenny »

grandmajan wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:33 pm
Been a member since 2000, rejoined 2004. Loved it when more of the artists were members, all my dolls have been acquired through DF.

Jan
I miss the doll artist as well! Sure wish they would come back!

Jenny

Post by Jenny »

georgeanne wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:59 pm
I have been a member since November of 2007. I have loved every minute of the time I have spent on DollFan. I've made some dear friends who I will treasure forever. I have so many wonderful memories from my years on DollFan. I have received so much love, and support during some of the most difficult times in my life. How can I ever repay the kindnesses shown to me by so many Ladies here on DollFan. I have laughed until I am crying reading and seeing some of the most hilarious posts and I have cried and been heartbroken by the heartache and tragedies we have faced. I feel truly Blessed to have been a member of DollFan and I hope we will all be posting on DF for many years to come. I love you all so much and cherish each and every one of you.
I love your post! The 2 of us joined at almost the same exact time! :heart:

ginacecilia

Post by ginacecilia »

I don’t remember the exact year, but I had Linchen Himstedt who I got in 2006, so maybe then or 2007? I was one of only a few kids on here I think I was about 13 when I first joined. When I went to college I did not renew but I recently got my dolls from my parents house which triggered me to rejoin the doll world!
I used to do Ella Rose picture stories..
And I miss IDEX!! I met ladies on here when I was there! Purchased most of my first dolls through ladies/artists on here!

Jenny

Post by Jenny »

ginacecilia wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:16 pm
I don’t remember the exact year, but I had Linchen Himstedt who I got in 2006, so maybe then or 2007? I was one of only a few kids on here I think I was about 13 when I first joined. When I went to college I did not renew but I recently got my dolls from my parents house which triggered me to rejoin the doll world!
I used to do Ella Rose picture stories..
And I miss IDEX!! I met ladies on here when I was there! Purchased most of my first dolls through ladies/artists on here!
This is so exciting hearing from so many members that were here years ago! I love all the stories and those behind so many great memories.

Norene

Post by Norene »

I joined in the summer of 2003. I sold Berenguers back then. They were the hot item to reborn and though I didn't really reborn much at all I learned so much about it from this forum. I have met so many wonderful ladies on here. I'm not on a lot but check in when I can. I've not been able to keep up with all of the new dolls and trends that have come out but still enjoy looking at everyone's dolls.
Norene

LINDASLITTLEBLESSINGS

Post by LINDASLITTLEBLESSINGS »

I have been a member for 12 years! Many years ago I posted pictures of one of my reborns. A doll artist who was a member here sent me a message and asked if I had ever tried sculpting. I never even thought about it but she said that I should try. There was also another artist who helped me a lot as I was learning. So I ended up giving it a try and sculpting several dolls including my last which Bountiful Babies bought and produced as “Cozy”. I would have never even tried if it hadn’t been for these two well known doll artists! I met many wonderful people on here, prayed for them and they have prayed for me. I miss the ones we have loss such as Angie Kazermeick. I feel we are more of a family then a “doll forum”. Love you all!

Carolr

Post by Carolr »

I joined August 13, 2005. Every since I joined FB, I have spent more time there. But I have to admit I miss being here as I really feel like this is my home.
:idea: Hugs, Carol

Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

My favorite part about DollFan is that I have had the opportunity to meet so many of you in person! Our dolly meet ups in Jax we’re AMAZING!

Jenny

Post by Jenny »

Carolr wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:04 pm
I joined August 13, 2005. Every since I joined FB, I have spent more time there. But I have to admit I miss being here as I really feel like this is my home.
Please come to Dollfan and share your amazing collection! I absolutely love your nursery and babies!

Jenny

Post by Jenny »

Tracy Lorraine wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:17 am
My favorite part about DollFan is that I have had the opportunity to meet so many of you in person! Our dolly meet ups in Jax we’re AMAZING!
I completely agree! Here it is January and I am missing our annual meet up terribly! ☹️

tuckerk

Post by tuckerk »

Oh wow I have been here for a long time...…….I joined in 2003 and have been here ever since and love talking and sharing with all my lovely Dollfan friends...…..I think the first dolls I was wanting on Dollfan were Bonnie Chyle OOAKs and I went crazy......I'v had so many goodtimes and a few of us really played with those Chyle babies and what fun we had...………….I do miss those days I just think Dion is the sweetest lady and I also miss Cathe and a few of my good friends from Florida who were always afraid to get on here and post....Shout out to Nancy and Janet if they still follow Dollfan………...I miss you guys...…Let me know where you are at? Hugs, KAthy

Kelliegirl

Post by Kelliegirl »

Oh wow! What a fun topic and I loved reading all your responses so far! :D

I have been here since before 2007....I can't remember exactly, but my membership lapsed so I re-joined in 2007 and have been here ever since! :D I don't come on very much anymore since Steve changed the site, but I miss you all when I'm not here for a bit and I always eventually come back! :grouphug:

My favorite memories are of all the various artists sharing their work here with all of us collectors......I really miss that and wish we were back in those days again! :D
Hugs, Kellie :D

~*Precious Baby Girl*~

Jenny

Post by Jenny »

Kelliegirl wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:41 pm
Oh wow! What a fun topic and I loved reading all your responses so far! :D

I have been here since before 2007....I can't remember exactly, but my membership lapsed so I re-joined in 2007 and have been here ever since! :D I don't come on very much anymore since Steve changed the site, but I miss you all when I'm not here for a bit and I always eventually come back! :grouphug:

My favorite memories are of all the various artists sharing their work here with all of us collectors......I really miss that and wish we were back in those days again! :D
So glad to hear from you! We have missed you, your babies and your post!

MonicaW

Post by MonicaW »

I have been a Member for 20 years. I miss the days when it was 1 page and we all really knew each other well. Before we all collected, one of a Kinds, silicones and reborns. When we collected Lee Middleton’s, Zapf , Gotz etc. My fondest memory is when we would take the dolls and take pictures and make a whole story up with the dolls and the photos. I remember doing one with my Zapf big boy and his baby sister and their trip upstate New York. It was so much fun to do. I also did it with another dollfan member we took both off our big dolls from zapf since we lived close her name is Heather. (She her teenage triplets now) to the park and had taken all these photos of them playing at the park together. A lot of people did it. Dolls were less expensive then and we didn’t worry about breaking them. We redressed them played with them and had fun. I use to come to dollfan first thing in the morning before I did anything else. It was how I started my day. What a great way to start your day. Dolls are so expensive now and you have to worry more about damaging them. I basically stick to getting a Reborn once in awhile because of that but they are expensive. I miss waiting for those catalogs to come out. It just seemed like everyone could get a doll and everyone could play. We all shared excitement over getting the same dolls.

kd

Post by kd »

I have enjoyed DF for 20 years. I joined the first DF in 1999, and then when the forum switched over to a new forum, in 2002, I joined, again.

I have met so many wonderful friends, throughout the years.I remember the first time I met a DF member (Monica Rae), in real life. It was so exciting. Also, I remember going to a Southern California dolly party at Suebabygirl's house. That was so fun! Since then, I have met many more dolly friends at doll shows. The fun continues as I have made friends for life.

DonnaB

Post by DonnaB »

I remember well the fun we had with Catherine and Camille. I have been here since 1998.
D