Introduction

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
BelovedBundles94

Introduction

Post by BelovedBundles94 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:51 pm

Hi everyone!

My name is Natasha and I’m from the UK. I go by the same username on YouTube and instagrams. I’m a parent to my daughter, Amela who’s 4. She has severe autism, global delay and is my world.

I’ve been collecting for just over a year now and have 6 reborns (1 of them was gifted to Amelia by the artist so not technically mine haha). I finally decided to join the site because sometimes I just feel Instagram can be slightly too focused on aesthetically pleasing feeds or who has the most followers - I just want to talk dolls haha!

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and apologise in advance if I don’t know all the lingo or what the buttons mean. I will pick it up I promise haha!

Xx

jubileejulie

Re: Introduction

Post by jubileejulie » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:02 pm

Hi Natasha

BelovedBundles94

Post by BelovedBundles94 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:15 pm

jubileejulie wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:02 pm
Hi Natasha
Hi Julie, nice to meet you!

NadiaK

Post by NadiaK » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:26 pm

Welcome to the forum. Anything you are not sure about just ask. There are lots of great people here who would be happy to help.
Hugs,
Nadia

Dion

Post by Dion » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:21 pm

:D A big welcome to you, Natasha! I am so glad that you joined us. You are in the right place to find many friends who love dolls and talk dolls, too. If you need help or have any questions, many of us are here and ready to help.

:foryou: Hugs and Blessings, Dion

Pat in Alabama

Post by Pat in Alabama » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:32 pm

Hi Natasha. Welcome to the forum.

georgeanne

Post by georgeanne » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:58 pm

Hi Natasha,

Glad you decided to join us. This is a great group of people who all love dolls and who are nice and very helpful. Definitely ask if you have a question we are always glad to help.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts

Barbydoll

Post by Barbydoll » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:01 pm

Hi Natasha!
Welcome to Doll-Fan!!!
Lots of beautiful dolls to see & lots of wonderful people here to talk dollies!!
Have fun!!
"Our 50th Wedding Anniversary Celebration"

BelovedBundles94

Post by BelovedBundles94 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:55 pm

Hiya everyone,

Thanks so much for your kind responses and apologies for my late reply (time difference haha!) You may all regret offering help when I’m bugging you with questions ;)

Wishing everyone a lovely day xx

LindaBforbabies

Post by LindaBforbabies » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:34 am

Hi Natasha... so nice to meet a new member...
Welcome and have fun here..
Linda

tovisbabies

Post by tovisbabies » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:27 am

Hello and welcome

Annette

Post by Annette » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:21 am

:hi ya: Welcome!! So happy you decided to join us. :)
They’re a great bunch here, and if you have questions, there’s bound to be someone who can help. :)

I look forward to seeing your collection. But, I warn you, these reborns are addicting, and being on Doll-Fan can seriously erode your bank balance. :lol: Just ask anyone on here. :lol:

Whereabouts are you from in the U.K.? I am originally from there. :)
I wish I’d been into dolls when I lived there, so that I’d be able to go to all the wonderful doll shows they have there now. :) Have you been to any?
Hugs Annette

BelovedBundles94

Post by BelovedBundles94 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:25 pm

Annette wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:21 am
They’re a great bunch here, and if you have questions, there’s bound to be someone who can help. :)

I look forward to seeing your collection. But, I warn you, these reborns are addicting, and being on Doll-Fan can seriously erode your bank balance. :lol: Just ask anyone on here. :lol:

I wish I’d been into dolls when I lived there, so that I’d be able to go to all the wonderful doll shows they have there now. :) Have you been to any?
Honestly I have 6 and that’s far too more than I ever wanted haha! My newest rule is that if I buy a new baby, another must leave. That has put me off so far as I love them all haha! I’m in Surrey, where are you from originally? I’ve been to a couple and although they were lovely, they aren’t anywhere near as impressive as what I’ve seen of Rose! I’m incredibly jealous of the US haha!

Everyone seems really nice here, I’m so pleased that I decided to join! Xx

Annette

Post by Annette » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:16 pm

BelovedBundles94 wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:25 pm
Annette wrote:

Honestly I have 6 and that’s far too more than I ever wanted haha! My newest rule is that if I buy a new baby, another must leave. That has put me off so far as I love them all haha! I’m in Surrey, where are you from originally? I’ve been to a couple and although they were lovely, they aren’t anywhere near as impressive as what I’ve seen of Rose! I’m incredibly jealous of the US haha!

Lol......that’s a popular saying on here....sell one to buy one....but it doesn’t always work that way. 😉I have said the same thing, but when it comes to deciding who has to go, it’s not all that easy. :lol:

So, you’ve been to the Rose doll show in the States? I am envious! If I wasn’t such a scaredy cat about flying, I’d love to go to the shows down there. :roll:

Yes, they’re a great group here. :)

Small world! I too, am from Surrey. :) Whereabouts are you? I was born in Carshalton, but we moved a bit, mostly in Sutton and Cheam, but lived in Mitcham when I was very small, and Crawley for a little while. Last home was in Cheam. :)
Hugs Annette

Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:23 pm

Hi! Welcome to DollFan.

Jasmin

Post by Jasmin » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:51 pm

Welcome to Doll Fan Natasha ! :hi ya:
My Prince Charming Humphrey Elliott Lucas by Andrea Arcello

tuckerk

Post by tuckerk » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:13 pm

Welcome to our Dolly world...……….everyone is so nice here...………..Hugs, Kathy

hjungel

Post by hjungel » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:47 pm

Welcome! As a fairly new member myself, I find this a great, safe place for discussion and seeing so many other collectors and artists alike. -Heidi
-Heidi

(Maizie by Andrea Arcello)

BelovedBundles94

Post by BelovedBundles94 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:16 am

Annette wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:16 pm
BelovedBundles94 wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:25 pm
Annette wrote:

Lol......that’s a popular saying on here....sell one to buy one....but it doesn’t always work that way. 😉I have said the same thing, but when it comes to deciding who has to go, it’s not all that easy. :lol:

So, you’ve been to the Rose doll show in the States? I am envious! If I wasn’t such a scaredy cat about flying, I’d love to go to the shows down there. :roll:

Yes, they’re a great group here. :)

Small world! I too, am from Surrey. :) Whereabouts are you? I was born in Carshalton, but we moved a bit, mostly in Sutton and Cheam, but lived in Mitcham when I was very small, and Crawley for a little while. Last home was in Cheam. :)
No I haven’t been - I wish! I just see it on YouTube and through the Instagram accounts that I follow. I have my daughter 90% of the time so a long haul flight would be out of the question! I’m from Egham (Runnymede borough)! Such a small world to find someone else from Surrey on here! Xx

BelovedBundles94

Post by BelovedBundles94 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:17 am

Thank you everyone! Lovely to see lots of replies and feel welcomed. All the babies I’ve seen so far are lovely

Xx