Any storage suggestions for reborns?

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
hjungel

Any storage suggestions for reborns?

Post by hjungel » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:32 am

So, I have parents that live with me part time (in total 6 months a year spread out in 1-2 month increments). During that time, I have a few reborns I need to kick off of their bed. :lol: I thought about temporarily storing them in large decorative storage boxes wrapped in blanket but am not sure that is good for their vinyl.

I am curious how you guys store your reborns when they are not out or "in-use" or "on display". Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
-Heidi

(Maizie by Andrea Arcello)

Tracy Lorraine

Re: Any storage suggestions for reborns?

Post by Tracy Lorraine » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:30 am

I had to store my dolls while we did a home renovation. I wrapped them in individual blankets and placed them in plastic storage containers for about 8 months. They all came out fine.

jubileejulie

Post by jubileejulie » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:00 am

I have stackable Rubbermaid storage bins. I wrap mine carefully in a blanket with the face unwrapped and store them 2-4 per bin. I don’t like to cover the face because I worry about the eyelashes getting bent. I only stack the babies if I can do so without smashing the eyelashes.

hjungel

Post by hjungel » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:36 am

@tracy and @julie - Thank you both - rubbermaid bins would be much easier to find and would ensure finding one that fits the length of the doll- What kind of blanket did you use - would a muslin blanket work? Good point on the eyelashes too. I would not have tought of that.
-Heidi

Dion

Post by Dion » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:58 pm

:D I also used Rubbermaid containers for my silicones and reborns before I had a dolly room. I never had any problems at all. I think that any soft blanket would work just fine. Fortunately, my Mom is the only one that ever stays in the doll room when she visits. She loves to stay there. No one else in my family is brave enough to stay there! LOL! The rest of the family is afraid to sleep with so many dolls in the room, so they opt for the guest room. :lol: :lol:

:foryou: Hugs, Dion

hjungel

Post by hjungel » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:31 am

@Dion, if it was just my mother, she would love it (she is also a doll collector)- I jokingly say I have my eye on the Saskia as that one is her absolutely favorite. However, my father gets creeped out with the dolls - it doesn't help that I have positioned a standing toddler doll (non-reborn) to look directly at him when he is not looking. yeah, we are THAT kind of family. :lol: I like the rubbermaid bins idea- nice cheap temporary storage and I can just put them in the closet and easily get them out... or as my "hoard" of reborns begins, I can also switch them out.
-Heidi

Dion

Post by Dion » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:53 pm

hjungel wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:31 am
@Dion, if it was just my mother, she would love it (she is also a doll collector)- I jokingly say I have my eye on the Saskia as that one is her absolutely favorite. However, my father gets creeped out with the dolls - it doesn't help that I have positioned a standing toddler doll (non-reborn) to look directly at him when he is not looking. yeah, we are THAT kind of family. :lol: I like the rubbermaid bins idea- nice cheap temporary storage and I can just put them in the closet and easily get them out... or as my "hoard" of reborns begins, I can also switch them out.
LOL! I have a little fun with my dolls sometimes, too. My nephew asked me once, "Aren't you afraid that all of these dolls will turn on you someday?" He was totally horrified by a room full of dolls, I answered him, "No. Dustin. I'm not afraid at all. My dolls LOVE me, but I'm not sure how they feel about YOU!" Everyone laughed, but he looked a bit worried. :lol: :lol: :lol: I told him later that my dolls love everyone. That room is the most peaceful room in the house to me.

My Mom doesn't collect dolls, but she does take one or two reborns home with her once in awhile for a visit and she does love to stay in the doll room surrounded by sweet babies and children when she visits. She's 95 y/o :heart: .

:foryou: Hugs, Dion