Dark brown wigs for Lee Middleton dolls?

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
hjungel

Dark brown wigs for Lee Middleton dolls?

Post by hjungel » Fri May 10, 2019 1:55 pm

Hey all-
So, I have a biracial (he looks middle eastern to me) Lee Middleton boy who’s wig is crumbling to the point where he has to wear a hat. I absolutely love this doll. While most of mine were spared from the oil bloom that plagued many Lee Middletons, this one in particular has suffered the dry wig syndrome. I would love to replace his wig. The problem is he is very dark brown wig - not black. I tried one and found it was too light more of a medium brown and then I went to black and it was too dark.

I have checked dollsoreal, dollsbysandie, irresistables, bountifulbaby, macphersons (which had nothing) and they all basically only stock the same set wigs. The Kemper Cassidy is the closest, but it only comes in medium/dark brown.. which really is medium brown and too light.

Has anyone found a good supplier of wigs for these types of dolls?
-Heidi

(Maizie by Andrea Arcello)

georgeanne

Re: Dark brown wigs for Lee Middleton dolls?

Post by georgeanne » Sat May 11, 2019 11:48 am

Here's a link to CR Crafts, they do have some wigs, but not sure if any of them will work for you. I know that Ladies on here buy from them and it's a reputable site:

https://crscrafts.com/

Other than that, I would troll Ebay you might find one there.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts

hjungel

Re: Dark brown wigs for Lee Middleton dolls?

Post by hjungel » Sat May 11, 2019 5:40 pm

Thank you so much, I will check them out!
-Heidi

(Maizie by Andrea Arcello)