What Influences How You Price A Doll You’re Selling?

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
KimbysBabyBugs32

What Influences How You Price A Doll You’re Selling?

Post by KimbysBabyBugs32 » Sun May 12, 2019 8:45 pm

Hi everyone,

I’ve been selling dolls for many years and was curious what influences how you price a doll that your selling?

For me I always price my babies less than what I paid for them as I try to give the buyer a good deal. I also base my pricing on the baby’s artistry, quality of hair, and if they have a COA or not as well as the rarity of the sculpt.

I would love to hear about how you choose a price for a baby that you’re selling and what factors you consider when putting them up for sale.

I am not asking you to give the prices you’ve asked for the babies you’ve sold. I am only asking how you determined the price before listing them.

Please keep mean comments to yourself! I find that my posts seem to trigger a lot of drama when that is NOT the intention at all.

Thank you for those who are kind 🙂

Dion

Re: What Influences How You Price A Doll You’re Selling?

Post by Dion » Sun May 12, 2019 11:18 pm

:D I have almost always made the price for my dolls less than I paid for them, too. I do always consider my purchase price, condition of the doll and if it has all of its originals.

Hugs, Dion

tovisbabies

Post by tovisbabies » Mon May 13, 2019 11:42 am

Whether or not it's a sold out kit. Who the reborn artist is...and how popular the sculpt is..

Barbydoll

Post by Barbydoll » Mon May 13, 2019 4:32 pm

I am more often a buyer than a seller, but the last doll that I did sell, I based her on a lower price than I paid, she was still in excellent condition & I sent her with several extras to "make up" for her not being new. I never received a COA for her so didn't have one to send. As a buyer, the COA is never important to me, but I only collect mostly reborns or "used" babies.
As a buyer, I always appreciate honesty! A doll not being "perfect" is not a put off to me, I just would like to be told about any imperfections before I have bought it. I think both parties are more satisfied with the sale if everything is disclosed ahead of time. JMHO.
I am sure there is a difference for a silicone buyer/seller that there be a COA included.
Great topic!
"Our 50th Wedding Anniversary Celebration"

KimbysBabyBugs32

Post by KimbysBabyBugs32 » Mon May 13, 2019 4:57 pm

Barbydoll wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 4:32 pm
I am more often a buyer than a seller, but the last doll that I did sell, I based her on a lower price than I paid, she was still in excellent condition & I sent her with several extras to "make up" for her not being new. I never received a COA for her so didn't have one to send. As a buyer, the COA is never important to me, but I only collect mostly reborns or "used" babies.
As a buyer, I always appreciate honesty! A doll not being "perfect" is not a put off to me, I just would like to be told about any imperfections before I have bought it. I think both parties are more satisfied with the sale if everything is disclosed ahead of time. JMHO.
I am sure there is a difference for a silicone buyer/seller that there be a COA included.
Great topic!
I couldn’t agree more! I actually just bought a Knox by Laura Lee Eagles on eBay on Mother’s Day. He was a total steal of a price but he is also a boo boo baby. Like you, flaws don’t bother me in the least. I’m gentle with all of my babies so even if they aren’t in the best shape, I feel like they aren’t in harms way coming to my home! Lol! I appreciate honesty as well and I try to always thank sellers for being completely open with me.

Desiree1115

Post by Desiree1115 » Mon May 13, 2019 7:40 pm

I always sell for less than what I paid, but I also have no patience so I price my dolls lower because I just want to sell the baby easily!!

tammiedolz4u

Post by tammiedolz4u » Tue May 14, 2019 5:05 am

I haven’t sold my doll yet but I intend to do so in the near future. I won’t sell a doll for more than I paid. I will list for less because it is gently used. The condition of the doll also determines the price. Next whether or not the doll has hair (missing hair) is taken into consideration. Full or partial limbs also affects pricing. These are just some of the important factors I will be considering as I list my doll.