Questions for Mom’s of Julie Molloy Babies!

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
KimbysBabyBugs32

Questions for Mom’s of Julie Molloy Babies!

Post by KimbysBabyBugs32 » Mon May 13, 2019 2:54 pm

Hi all!

These few questions are for mom’s of Julie Molloy bubs!

Her babies are such unique cuties. They look smaller than the average FBS, do you find that this is true? Also do they weigh around the 10 pound mark like most FBS’s do?

I love to cuddle my babies and I have several silicones that are almost too large and heavy for me to hold without support from a pillow or boppy.

Jack by Julie Molloy has been on my wishlist for awhile so anyone who has owned him and could answer the questions according to this baby specifically would be great!!

Thank you so much!

LindaBforbabies

Re: Questions for Mom’s of Julie Molloy Babies!

Post by LindaBforbabies » Mon May 13, 2019 6:21 pm

I do not own any Malloy babies, but have held several...

They are so cuddly, and are not too heavy... at least not 10lbs. for sure.

KimbysBabyBugs32

Post by KimbysBabyBugs32 » Mon May 13, 2019 7:52 pm

LindaBforbabies wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 6:21 pm
I do not own any Malloy babies, but have held several...

They are so cuddly, and are not too heavy... at least not 10lbs. for sure.
Thank you for letting me know! Do you find them to be smaller in size as far as the ones you’ve held? I am in the market for a smaller FBS and her babies look like they would be from the photos I have seen!

LadyFortuna

Post by LadyFortuna » Mon May 13, 2019 8:17 pm

Hi, there are a few here on the forum that own Molloys. I have a female one and gosh, I feel bad I can't remember the sculpt I have but I think it is a Maggie by Julie Molloy and she is 7 lbs and definitely the best silicone cuddle baby compared to other full body or partial silicone babies I've had from other similar artists.

I know one can easily just purchase a preemie from other silicone artists if weight or size is the issue. But one of the very thoughtful things I like about my particular Molloy is how her right elbow is bent at a 45 degree angle so that if you are right-handed her entire body molds into a very comfortable spot in your arms. Maybe my experience is a one off and there is no science to all this but Julie does an excellent job in capturing one of the most realistic "feel" of carrying a newborn and yes, a perfect lightweight cuddle baby for sure.

If you get any of her babies you won't be disappointed!

"[Collecting dolls] is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."
-Forrest Gump

KimbysBabyBugs32

Post by KimbysBabyBugs32 » Mon May 13, 2019 9:06 pm

LadyFortuna wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 8:17 pm
Hi, there are a few here on the forum that own Molloys. I have a female one and gosh, I feel bad I can't remember the sculpt I have but I think it is a Maggie by Julie Molloy and she is 7 lbs and definitely the best silicone cuddle baby compared to other full body or partial silicone babies I've had from other similar artists.

I know one can easily just purchase a preemie from other silicone artists if weight or size is the issue. But one of the very thoughtful things I like about my particular Molloy is how her right elbow is bent at a 45 degree angle so that if you are right-handed her entire body molds into a very comfortable spot in your arms. Maybe my experience is a one off and there is no science to all this but Julie does an excellent job in capturing one of the most realistic "feel" of carrying a newborn and yes, a perfect lightweight cuddle baby for sure.

If you get any of her babies you won't be disappointed!
Thank you very much for letting me know! Your post gave me a lot of great information

Court_LLRN

Post by Court_LLRN » Tue May 14, 2019 1:18 pm

KimbysBabyBugs32 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 2:54 pm
Hi all!

Her babies are such unique cuties. They look smaller than the average FBS, do you find that this is true? Also do they weigh around the 10 pound mark like most FBS’s do?

I love to cuddle my babies and I have several silicones that are almost too large and heavy for me to hold without support from a pillow or boppy.

Jack by Julie Molloy has been on my wishlist for awhile so anyone who has owned him and could answer the questions according to this baby specifically would be great!!

Thank you so much!
I wouldn't say they are necessarily smaller than average but they curl up very small like a real newborn. My Sebastian (Paul) wears newborn size clothing; preemie would definitely be too small for him. He does look tiny but that's mainly because his legs are just very curled up.
They're definitely snuggle bugs!! I believe mine weighs 7.6 pounds. He's heavy for his size but a perfect cuddle weight.
The only thing I would say that's different from Julie's silicones to others (and this may just be my lack of experience) is due to the very soft marshmallow-like nature of the silicone, you DEFINITELY have to hold and move them just like a brand new born baby.
I know that's what's said about all silicone babies but I've definitely found that I'm even more gentle and cautious with Bastian than I am with my other silicones. But it's not a bad thing. I really enjoy it!

KimbysBabyBugs32

Post by KimbysBabyBugs32 » Tue May 14, 2019 1:21 pm

Court_LLRN wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 1:18 pm
KimbysBabyBugs32 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 2:54 pm
Hi all!

Thank you so much!
I wouldn't say they are necessarily smaller than average but they curl up very small like a real newborn. My Sebastian (Paul) wears newborn size clothing; preemie would definitely be too small for him. He does look tiny but that's mainly because his legs are just very curled up.
They're definitely snuggle bugs!! I believe mine weighs 7.6 pounds. He's heavy for his size but a perfect cuddle weight.
The only thing I would say that's different from Julie's silicones to others (and this may just be my lack of experience) is due to the very soft marshmallow-like nature of the silicone, you DEFINITELY have to hold and move them just like a brand new born baby.
I know that's what's said about all silicone babies but I've definitely found that I'm even more gentle and cautious with Bastian than I am with my other silicones. But it's not a bad thing. I really enjoy it!

I’ve seen your little Sebastian and he is such a cutie pie!! Thank you for letting me know about how to best hold one of her babies. That will be very helpful in the future should I come across one to purchase! Thank you again :)

Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine » Thu May 16, 2019 5:21 pm

I have several of Julie’s babies in my collection. They range from micro preemie to preemie to newborn. None are 10lbs. They are all such great snuggle babies.
Attachments
306061BA-DDBF-4307-B779-D1F72DADA65A.jpeg

KimbysBabyBugs32

Post by KimbysBabyBugs32 » Thu May 16, 2019 7:52 pm

Tracy Lorraine wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 5:21 pm
I have several of Julie’s babies in my collection. They range from micro preemie to preemie to newborn. None are 10lbs. They are all such great snuggle babies.
Oh my goodness!! Thank you so much for sharing! Your babies are absolutely precious. Don't Molloy babies just have the sweetest faces? :)

Publish modules to the "offcanvas" position.