Tell us about one special doll........

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Annette

Tell us about one special doll........

Post by Annette » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:20 pm

Do you have one special doll that you have, that was maybe given to you by someone special, or that you’d had before, sold and regretted it, but now have back?
Tell us about your one special doll. :)
Yes, just pick ONE!! Lol.

I have a Zapf Mara that was sent to me as a surprise one Mother’s Day. I had been feeling very down and neglected, and this person couldn’t have timed it any better. This person was very special. She was a member here for many years, but passed away, much too young, from cancer.
Her heart was so big, and I will always remember her kindness, thoughtfulness and generosity.
I do have other dolls, generously gifted to me, but this was my first.
Thankyou sweet friend, always remembered and greatly missed. :heart:
FBC60F93-D432-4787-8CCE-0D486C24419E.jpeg
698637AD-23B5-473C-8CE5-09BFB73A64A0.jpeg
Last edited by Annette on Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hugs Annette

Barbydoll

Re: Tell us about one special doll........

Post by Barbydoll » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:57 pm

You made this one hard, Annette, only getting to pick one baby. LOL!
I would have to say that "my special baby" is a LM doll that I named "Nathan Wayne" that I won in a giveaway at the last LM doll convention in 2003, I believe. There was a giveaway of 10 dolls to the 5 year members & then a giveaway of 10 dolls to the 10+ year members. All the dolls were "lightly reborn" by Reva Schick & were all the "nighty-night" sculpt with an upgraded auburn wig & had the 1/4 limbs. I remember being so excited & hoping so much to be able to win a baby. My name was the last one called. I was so excited that I held the baby & cried. He is still a favorite & rests in the cradle with my other LM keepers. I still get a happy feeling all over again when I hold this darling little boy. He is such a little cuddle bug!
"Our 50th Wedding Anniversary Celebration"

Annette

Post by Annette » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:54 pm

That’s lovely, Barby! A special boy, for sure. Thankyou for sharing. :) :hug:
Hugs Annette

Amy Rebecca

Post by Amy Rebecca » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:10 am

In 1975 for Christmas my sister and I got a Mrs.Beasley doll it was the last present we opened cause we thought it was pajamas..... Three years ago for Christmas my husband gave me a mint Mrs.Beasley he looked forever for it.... I see that doll and I remember being a 6 yr old without a care in the world.....

JackieKay

Post by JackieKay » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:51 am

This one is so hard! :) I guess I would have to say my most special is the first big, cloth-bodied Monika Peter-Leicht toddler that Monika herself got for me back when they were only sold on German eBay. I remember the thrill of lifting that huge, cuddly doll out of the box that came all the way from Germany! The thing is - without doing a little research - I can't remember which of my MPL kids was the first one. :)

LindaBforbabies

Post by LindaBforbabies » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:02 am

This one is easy for me. I was so excited when an insert fell out of a magazine and it for
an Ashton Drake porcelain baby doll with porcelain head and hands...but the body had pellets.
I wanted her so badly..but $129.00 seemed like so much money with still having my boys
at home...but I talked to my husband and sons and asked them for her for Mother’s Day, and they
were on board.. I loved having this baby displayed on my bed.. redressing her and just loving
her.. Today she sits in my China cabinet...and I love looking at her sweet sleeping face... I think
Her name was just baby girl...and there was also baby boy in blue..

Great topic Annette.. thanks

georgeanne

Post by georgeanne » Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:18 pm

Willow by LTR will always be my "one special doll". Judyismyname gifted her to me after I lost my identical twin grandbabies Colt and Bronx. She will never leave me and has always been in a special place beside my bed so I can look at her and hold her every day. I had no idea Willow was coming to live with me and on the day the box came I was so puzzled as to what could be inside. My husband brought the box in and I said "I have no idea, what's in the box". As I slowly opened the box it became apparent that it was a baby of Judy's that was and is my dream baby. I was shaking and crying and it was so hard to open the box and the packages and when I took the wrappings off "Willow', I was shaking and crying hysterically when I realized my dream baby was gifted to me and at a time when I needed love and kindness the most. I will forever be grateful to Judy for being so giving and kind. To this day it makes me cry knowing that someone who I have never met would do something so generous and kind.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts

tuckerk

Post by tuckerk » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:44 pm

What lovely stories...………...I love everyone of my babies...……...they are all so special but I have to say when I got my first Elora Helland………..I still remember getting her and just so amazed at her face and how realistic she looked...……….I did not want to put her down and I still am in love with her and her twin sisters since the day I got them...…………….Hugs, kathy

hjungel

Post by hjungel » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:00 am

What a great topic!

I have to say mine would be not a reborn, but a Lee Middleton- Little Teddy. At the time he was my most expensive doll I purchased.. I was going through a rough patch personally and he was probably the only doll I will admit I cuddled constantly during that time. Over the years (he's 15!), his arms got plagued with the oil like so many Lee Middleton's did, so his limbs were switched out with full limbs from another medium skinned doll. He recently went through a wig change (his old one was dry and brittle) and now has soft mohair. He is due for a cloth body change in a couple of months. While sure, he is no longer a true "Little Teddy" and does not look like a real baby - I think the fact that I have been so in love with him that the touch ups make him more special.
For size comparison, he is about the size of the Saskia kit only with a smaller head (like most Lee Middletons had). Oddly enough, he has bigger feet than Saskia.
"Teddy"
-Heidi

(Maizie by Andrea Arcello)

KimbysBabyBugs32

Post by KimbysBabyBugs32 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:40 pm

What a great question!

By far my most special baby is my little Luka who is Saskia by Bonnie Brown. I ordered him from a wonderful artist on eBay in early January of 2017. I remember being so excited to get him as he had every quality that I had envisioned. Once he was shipped, he got horribly lost in the mail. He was lost for weeks and weeks. I made endless attempts to call the postal service to no avail. According to his tracking, he had been caught up in a loop, bouncing from my state to others and back again. In addition, many days went by where he couldn’t be found at all as he received no scans. After about a month and a half, I gave up. I never thought I would see his sweet face. Then, one day, I got a message from the seller telling me that he had arrived back to her with the box completely destroyed. I thought for sure that he was damaged beyond repair. But, almost miraculously, he was unharmed despite all of his goodies and clothes being torn to shreds. Once the seller picked up what was left of the box at her post office, she repackaged him and sent him to me the next day. He arrived promptly a few days later and opening him was the most surreal experience. Right away there was something in his eyes that I was drawn to. Over the weeks that followed, I studied him immensely as the artists work was impeccable. The more I looked at him the more I became emotional as it became clear to me that he resembled my husband in almost every way. They both had the same hair color and style, a deep olive complexion, and dark eyes. Even the way Bonnie Brown sculpted Saskia’s toe nails look like my hubbies! 🤣 Truly it was love at first sight with this baby. With all of the hardships that followed that year due to some awful health issues I experienced, this baby continued to bring both me and my husband comfort. Luka means “light” and he has always been that in our lives. To this day, I tear up whenever I hold him and am reminded of the special bond we have. No matter where life takes us, he will never leave my collection. I am so grateful to be able to have such a priceless piece of art not only in my home but in my heart.

SweetSunriseBabies

Post by SweetSunriseBabies » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:45 pm

Ohh i've loved reading this thread! Annette, I'm sorry to hear about the passing of your friend, she sounds like a very special person.

This is super hard, I have a few...but my favorite special doll is my Claire by Melissa McCrory, I probably write about her for every thread that talks about special dolls. :lol: She was the first silicone baby I ever felt...I worked so hard to get her. And when she finally arrived, I was amazed at her. She was really something special. I still have her and always will. : )
~Tiffany~
Instagram: Sweet_Sunrise_Nursery
FB:Tiffany Campbell or Sweet Sunrise Nursery