Which Baby Was “The One That Got Away”?

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
KimbysBabyBugs32

Which Baby Was “The One That Got Away”?

Post by KimbysBabyBugs32 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:52 pm

Hi everyone.

I am curious to hear your stories about a baby that got away that you still think about to this day. Maybe you lost the eBay auction, didn’t make it on the list, or missed the opportunity to buy one here on DF.

Whatever the case may be, I would love to know what baby slipped through your fingers and what the surrounding circumstances were such as how you fell in love with the specific baby and how he or she ended up being “the one that got away”.

Mine will always be the Zadia (boy version) by Claire Taylor that was on here several months ago (he was known as Rocky on All4Reborns YouTube channel). I still think about that baby. Occasionally saying a prayer that he makes his way to me someday 😉😉. Wishful thinking right? LOL!

Let the sharing begin! Thank you to all who participate! :heart:

tysonsnan

Re: Which Baby Was “The One That Got Away”?

Post by tysonsnan » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:35 am

Mine was Esma in 2014.I fell in love with her,I missed out on the kit,so l bought her Reborned off DFan
I paid for her to be shipped from England to Australia.Almost from the start l felt a bad vibe that l would never get her.
True to my gut feeling she never arrived.To this day l believe the seller resold her for more than she offered her for on Dollfan.She was very quick to do a refund,just said she got lost in the mail.l miss Esma.
I recently missed Maddison Archello on EBay.l can’t stop thinking of her.She just spoke to me.🐨🦘🐨

cyndig77

Post by cyndig77 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:34 am

I saw a couple of Rommie babies listed here and didn't act fast enough. I hesitated because of the price but I won't be so slow in the future. A FBS of hers is my forever dream baby and I will have one some day

hjungel

Post by hjungel » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:33 pm

Another good topic! Well I had two - but one (my Maizie) I managed to find an even better one and have her today. So my Maizie story is ancient history. LoL. The other one is Harper. I loved Harper by Andrea Arcello. That huge smile! When I found about the reborn community, Harper was already long sold out- so I went on the dreaded eBay, found one, but as soon as I went to Buy Now, someone beat me to it. But then later, I ended up finding and falling in love Arya by Ping Lau, another baby with a big smile and am very happy with her. There is still a small part of me that wished I could have gotten that Harper, but now I see Arya and know she was always meant to be. :heart:
-Heidi

(Maizie by Andrea Arcello)

LindaBforbabies

Post by LindaBforbabies » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:32 pm

Mine was silicone Ellie by Bonnie Brown... I kicked my butt over not buying her when her blank kit was I believe $750.00.

KimbysBabyBugs32

Post by KimbysBabyBugs32 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:21 pm

hjungel wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:33 pm
Another good topic! Well I had two - but one (my Maizie) I managed to find an even better one and have her today. So my Maizie story is ancient history. LoL. The other one is Harper. I loved Harper by Andrea Arcello. That huge smile! When I found about the reborn community, Harper was already long sold out- so I went on the dreaded eBay, found one, but as soon as I went to Buy Now, someone beat me to it. But then later, I ended up finding and falling in love Arya by Ping Lau, another baby with a big smile and am very happy with her. There is still a small part of me that wished I could have gotten that Harper, but now I see Arya and know she was always meant to be. :heart:

What a wonderful story! Thank you for sharing! Your little Maizie is a cutie pie! I love the way you’ve dressed her in the photo. She’s absolutely precious. I have this sculpt in my collection as well. She’s a beautiful baby but upon receiving her several years ago she is not what I had envisioned. She was an eBay purchase and not a custom so I did not get to pick her features. She’s more of a display baby these days. I hope eventually I will find one that I fall in love with as this sculpt is one of my all time favorites.

Andrea’s babies are soooo lovable. Harper is a gorgeous baby as well. I’ve seen many come and go on eBay. Such a sweet smile and personality on her little face.

If you like smilers, James by Sandy Faber and Mya by Maria Jordano are two adorable happy sculpts. Below are the versions that I have my in collection! The one in the white outfit is James (or Benji as I named him) and the one in the blue romper is Mya (named Marshall and made into a boy). I got my “James Faber” on the secondhand market so I don’t know his artist. However, my “Mya Jordano” is the prototype by Precious Wonders. I missed out on his original auction but was fortunate enough to get him secondhand a month later! Both are special babies and I love them so much. Their cheeky little grins steal your heart!
Attachments
9505D3A2-CEFC-4F97-BCBE-46D7CE57B587.jpeg
9505D3A2-CEFC-4F97-BCBE-46D7CE57B587.jpeg (47.18 KiB) Viewed 122 times
3688B40F-4C50-4094-9677-1C33B97E4340.jpeg
3688B40F-4C50-4094-9677-1C33B97E4340.jpeg (66.86 KiB) Viewed 122 times