posting pictures

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
JackieKay

posting pictures

Post by JackieKay » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:55 am

Is there any way to get in touch with Steve so I can see if he can help me figure out why on earth it won't let me post my pictures here? They are NOT too big - I've resized them so small you can hardly see them! I think I may just give up on Doll Fan like some others have. This is too frustrating!

Barbydoll

Re: posting pictures

Post by Barbydoll » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:41 pm

Just post in the private message section to Steve.
I have done it several times to get answers.
He has always answered in a day or 2 at most.
I have never figured out how to resize my pictures either, so I upload my pictures to Igmur & then download to here. It is really easy to do.
"Our 50th Wedding Anniversary Celebration"

JackieKay

Post by JackieKay » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:49 pm

Barbydoll wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:41 pm
Just post in the private message section to Steve.
I have done it several times to get answers.
He has always answered in a day or 2 at most.
I have never figured out how to resize my pictures either, so I upload my pictures to Igmur & then download to here. It is really easy to do.
Thanks - I think I have it figured out - I was able to post a picture later. I should have been a little more patient. I had to make it pretty small and it wasn't as clear as I'd like when it posted but at least I got it done. I might try to message Steve later anyway, though, to see if there is another way to do it on my computer. I have a new computer and new operating system and am still trying to figure out how to do things. This old lady doesn't like change very much! LOL

hjungel

Post by hjungel » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:19 pm

It took me a while and I had some issues since this site is technically not accessible for those with disabilities using a screen reader.

However, what I have done is through the following:
  • In the upper left, activated My name, then My profile
    Then, select Albums
    Select the album- I just have Photos
    Then add Photos and select the photo I want
    Once that is uploaded, the trick for me was to open DF in a new window- I have two open at this time.
    In the ablum, I hover over and select the Gear icon
    Then select View Original
    I copy that URL and paste it in my message between [img] <paste url here> [\img]
Hope that helps! Hope you get it figured out soon.
-Heidi

hjungel

Post by hjungel » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:22 pm

JackieKay wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:49 pm

Thanks - I think I have it figured out - I was able to post a picture later. I should have been a little more patient. I had to make it pretty small and it wasn't as clear as I'd like when it posted but at least I got it done. I might try to message Steve later anyway, though, to see if there is another way to do it on my computer. I have a new computer and new operating system and am still trying to figure out how to do things. This old lady doesn't like change very much! LOL
I don't think it is change so much as this web site is not user friendly at all and I am a software engineer who focuses on front end/user experience applications. You'd think I would have an edge over this confusion, but nope. :-)

Sounds like you were able to get it working!
-Heidi
-Heidi

JackieKay

Post by JackieKay » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:56 pm

I just want to be able to post the pictures directly from my computer - I've done that successfully before - but for some reason the other day it just would not work. I finally got the picture sized down small enough it worked but it took away some of the clarity. Everything does seem to be less user friendly now. :(

LovinIt_Crystal

Post by LovinIt_Crystal » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:02 am

hjungel wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:19 pm

In the ablum, I hover over and select the Gear icon
Then select View Original
I copy that URL and paste it in my message between [img] <paste url here> [\img][/list]

Hope that helps! Hope you get it figured out soon.

I got this far and then I can't get the Gear icon?..Please help me understand. I really can't seem to get pictures on at all :banghead:

MonicaW

Post by MonicaW » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:23 pm

Jackie if you ever need help posting a photo message me hugs