Why I left the reborn community and artistry and am n-e-v-e-r coming back -beware of this ebay buyer-

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Adaberny

Why I left the reborn community and artistry and am n-e-v-e-r coming back -beware of this ebay buyer-

Post by Adaberny » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:09 am

About a year ago today I decided to take down all my projects..babies..etc off instagram especially... because of how bad things were beginning to get in the community, treatment of customers, treatment of artists...etc, I couldn't take it anymore, I always stayed away from the drama and never became involved in it, but it hurt to see, and slowly but surely, I lost my love for creating dolls. I generally always have liked doll-fan because of its mature nature, I learned alot from the wonderful people here. Anyways..I remained on eBay, rooting doll heads as a side hustle (I am now a traditional artist) and thought maybe I could continue once again making babies...maybe I could find the immense joy I once had creating them and making reborn mommies happy. And today. Today I am reminded on why I never, ever, e-v-e-r, want to come back as a whole reborn artist. You artists out there who take this on the daily and STILL keep going, man. Huge applause to you. You're a boss.

I rooted this baby for an eBay customer, for $90... just 90 bucks. She went for the "thin rooting/NO thick mop" option. She expected to get a whole thick head of hair apparently for the price. Yeah. :headspin:

Here's the head dry aswell.

Think I might need a higher prescription on my glasses perhaps?
Last edited by Adaberny on Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

MadelinesNursery

Re: Why I left the reborn community and artistry and am n-e-v-e-r coming back

Post by MadelinesNursery » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:13 am

wow! That's beautiful rooting! I just started learning and boy is it painstaking! Your work painting and rooting is just gorgeous. Sorry that you cant stay with us :(

Adaberny

Re: Why I left the reborn community and artistry and am n-e-v-e-r coming back

Post by Adaberny » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:18 am

MadelinesNursery wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:13 am
wow! That's beautiful rooting! I just started learning and boy is it painstaking! Your work painting and rooting is just gorgeous. Sorry that you cant stay with us :(
You'll get the hang of it in no time! I've been reborning for around 7 years now, after the 2 year mark you start getting that muscle memory in. Thank you so much! Maybe someday I'll find my way back :(

Barbydoll

Re: Why I left the reborn community and artistry and am n-e-v-e-r coming back -beware of this ebay buyer-

Post by Barbydoll » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:52 pm

So sorry that this happened to you!
I am seeing what the customer asked you to do, thin rooting with no mop.
Looks good to me!
"Our 50th Wedding Anniversary Celebration"

Annette

Re: Why I left the reborn community and artistry and am n-e-v-e-r coming back -beware of this ebay buyer-

Post by Annette » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:00 pm

I’m sorry your customer wasn’t happy with this. I think it’s beautiful! Your rooting is outstanding!
I guess we all have different visions. But to expect a full thick head of hair for that price, is a bit unrealistic.
Hugs Annette

Delbra

Post by Delbra » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:09 am

I think the head is beautifully done. I am strictly a collector. And if it is any help I call that type of rooting sparsely done when I request a custom baby. I love that style of rooting because it is so easy to care for. Plus it just looks so natural. I am a big fan of the "just born look". If I was the customer I would be over the moon. Great Job. Don't let one bad apple spoil the rest of the basket.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Dolly Hugs,
Delbra

tammiedolz4u

Post by tammiedolz4u » Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:02 am

I’m so sorry this happened to you. Your work is really nice and it’s sad that people can be unreasonable and even dishonest.

Barbara L.

Post by Barbara L. » Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:36 am

Nice job! And a great price!
Do you show pictures of each style of rooting that you do?
If you do, there should be no confusion of what the options are, so the customer should have known what she was getting.
"Hold your family close, love and protect them and always be kind."

Adaberny

Post by Adaberny » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:38 am

Thank you everyone so much for your replies, I really appreciate your compliments, they are comforting <3 I just sent the head and am kind of afraid of what this one might pull on eBay... others have been telling me than based on the reply, she is the type of person to complain in order to get free work done. Hoping for the best :(

hjungel

Post by hjungel » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:47 pm

Gorgeous hair- and the price for that is amazing! I have found that sometimes collectors are out of touch with reality on what goes into a doll...
-Heidi

Publish modules to the "offcanvas" position.