Repair with platinum or tin

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Mikki

Repair with platinum or tin

Post by Mikki »

I looked up sili-poxy and they have different ones for tin or platinum ...Anyone know what kind of silicone Michelle Fagan used for her older partial silicones?
Realborn Jaxon

Mikki W
Kim

Re: Repair with platinum or tin

Post by Kim »

Hi Mikki, Michelle has said she didn't use tin. I have a Ruby May that she poured the edition of for Marissa and she lost a toe. Silipoxy worked perfectly, can't even see the repair, she also had a tear in her ear and same perfect result. I don't know why she is so delicate. I don't change her anymore.

Hugs,
Kim
Elle Rae

Re: Repair with platinum or tin

Post by Elle Rae »

Mikki, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Michelle did in fact use tin silicone on her older silicones. I've repainted/repaired a couple that she poured, and my fuse fx paint would not stick to them at all. I guess it's possible too much slacker was added in the pour, but in any case, paint would not cure at all. However, silpoxy worked great. I've never noticed there were different silpoxys for platinum or tin, I've always just bought the one in the white tube with a light blue label, and it's worked on everything.

Publish the Menu module to "offcanvas" position. Here you can publish other modules as well.
Learn More.