Has your doll preference changed?

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Susanq

Has your doll preference changed?

Post by Susanq »

What I mean is has your love for a certain type of doll changed since the reborn craze? I was exclusive to reborns for a long time but now I like the manufactured dolls more. Has anyone else had a change from reborns to something else?

georgeanne

Re: Has your doll preference changed?

Post by georgeanne »

Oh yes, my preference has changed. I discovered silicone dolls and BJD's. Very addictive and expensive. Now beyond my current budget sadly.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland

MaggyMoo

Post by MaggyMoo »

I've always been an eclectic doll collector, but my tastes have shifted as well. I used to like porcelain dolls, but I don't really care for them anymore. I also enjoyed Robert Tonner's dolls, but now don't think they're that pretty. I still like my reborn dolls, I have little AI dolls that I still like, and 18" dolls. But, that may change.

Klynn17

Post by Klynn17 »

Mine has as well. I started with reborns, then dabbled in silicone, grabbed a few polymer clay and found I prefer the reborns and polymer clay more.I also love smaller babies. I have sold a lot and prefer my collection to also be smaller than larger. I'm sure my taste will change again and again depending on my season of life.

Barbydoll

Post by Barbydoll »

Mine have changed a lot since I started collecting dolls in 1991. Then it was mostly just manufactured dolls for several years, got interested in OOAK's, then cloth dolls, then discovered reborns and that is still my favorite venue, except for 3 tiny silicones, that is the extent of them for me as they are so expensive, I still do like cloth dolls, too. And I occasionally still buy a manufactured doll. I think I will always prefer reborns though.
"Our 50th Wedding Anniversary Celebration"

Dion

Post by Dion »

:D I started out with porcelain dolls, but I have added silicones, ooaks, reborns and resins to my collection as I became aware of them. I don't really have a favorite medium. I love them all.

:foryou: Hugs, Dion

MaggyMoo

Post by MaggyMoo »

@Dion I know what you mean! I love all sorts of dolls. When I was a child I wanted a doll from every country I visited. It made for an eclectic collection. Unfortunately, they are all gone now because we moved so much and things got destroyed in storage.

Jasmin

Post by Jasmin »

I love all dolls be it resin,vinyl,silicone or clay !

I have not bought any new life like baby dolls in years though.

Way to expensive these days to adopt one !

I am content with my silicone Summer by Andrea Arcello and my # 2 Humphrey Elliott Lucas by Andrea Arcello ( poured in Eco Flex 30 by Claire Taylor ).

I still have my Ooak Victoria by Sissel Bjorstad Skille !

I still have some resin mini babies and two Ooak babies by Nikki Britt too.

I have fallen in love with Animal BJD dolls and have adopted two of them.
The only bummer is the wait time till they arrive home is not much fun !
They are both home now but waiting was not much fun...

I also love toys and dolls that are sold in stores !

I do collect the dolls I find in the toy aisles that I can just not resist and currently it is the
Na NA NA Surprise dolls ! I have all of series 1 & 2 !

Can not wait to find series 3 soon...

So still a kid at heart and always will be !

My love for dolls and toys will never go away !
My Prince Charming Humphrey Elliott Lucas by Andrea Arcello

Full Body Silicone Baby Doll Leona by Bonnie SiebenFull Body Silicone B ...
2020-10-25 07:18:08SiliconeFor Sale4900 USD
Full Body Silicone Baby Doll Leona by Bonnie Siebe ...

Publish the Menu module to "offcanvas" position. Here you can publish other modules as well.
Learn More.