Question about UK sizes

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Deb17

Question about UK sizes

Post by Deb17 »

Hi!
So I'm trying to figure out how UK sizes compare to US sizes. Is Tiny Baby bigger or smaller than Newborn and which UK size is right for a small newborn sized doll?
Thanks!
Elle Rae

Re: Question about UK sizes

Post by Elle Rae »

Tiny baby would be preemie size, but depending on the length of your doll, may still fit. "First size" would be like a small newborn size (up to 7.5lbs for real babies), "up to 1 month" larger newborn (up to 10lbs for real babies). I've seen some clothing from the UK that just has numbers too, in cm. I believe newborn would be 44 or 50 in that case. I hope this helps!
Deb17

Post by Deb17 »

Thanks I've seen mostly Tiny Baby and Newborn and noting in between so I'm trying to figure out if a small newborn reborn would take Tiny Baby or Newborn if there is no First Size. Hmm
safcfootienut_Jo

Post by safcfootienut_Jo »

Deb.....is there a particular brand you are looking at? I know Next for example, tiny baby is upto 5lbs and fits my Shiela Michaels baby well. For my knox eagles I tend to buy first size.

Just to complicate matters different stores have different size guides too. MATALAN tiny baby used to fit my Lee Middleton dolls well.

Feel free to shout if I can help further.

Jo in the UK
Deb17

Post by Deb17 »

Thanks! My Tanya Legler is a small newborn and wears newborn and some preemie clothes. I'm expecting Sam legler and assume he will be the same. I can't find it now when I look but I was on a website that had a size chart and the Tiny Baby size seemed more like a newborn size than the newborn size did. I guess I will keep looking for it and hopefully find that site again. I'm just looking for cute stuff right now, nothing in particular except that I really really want a plain white sleepsuit/baby grow and can't seem to find one anywhere in the US.
safcfootienut_Jo

Post by safcfootienut_Jo »

Im not sure on the legler sculpts size tbh....dont have one.

Hope you can find what you need.

Jo in the UK

Publish the Menu module to "offcanvas" position. Here you can publish other modules as well.
Learn More.