Changing eyes

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Sandie Girl

Changing eyes

Post by Sandie Girl »

Hi ladies. Just wondering if anyone can help. I have partial silicone Elyse and I don't like her eyes. They are meant to be peeky but her eyes are too open. Should smaller eyes be put in so they close more? Thank you :heart:
georgeanne

Re: Changing eyes

Post by georgeanne »

I have changed eyes on my silicones before, but you have to be very careful because you can rip the silicone in the corners. I know this because the first time I did it I created a tiny slit in the corner of one of the eyes. I have to say I myself don't like the huge eyes that some use on their dolls they just make the doll look bug eyed.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
KrisC

Re: Changing eyes

Post by KrisC »

You can do two things. You can take them out and put smaller ones in OR you can take them out and remove some of the silicone behind the eye. The second option you can put bigger eyes in and they set deeper in the socket. Like mentioned above be careful of ripping the sides of the eyes.