Images and how/where to host them

Announcement Board - Please check this forum often!
Steve
Site Admin

Images and how/where to host them

Post by Steve »

Since PhotoBucket started their new policy of having to pay for their service in order to share their images to 3rd party/other websites I've received a ton of PM's on what options you have. For those who have their own website it's easy enough to just upload images to it and share them. There are quite a few other image hosting sites out there that are currently free to do what PhotoBucket was offering though I don't really use any of them....I have played around with Imgur before and it gets the job done though they have in the past played with the same thing PhotoBucket is doing now. You can create in your UCP if you have not done so already a gallery where you can upload images too and share them.....I don't have any blocks to other websites on it. It's not full of a lot of features but will get you by in a pinch...some have also discovered that they can upload images directly while posting while using the attachment tab.

DollFan has for years had a more full featured gallery at http://www.doll-fan.com/gallery2/main.php which over time many users have subscribed to for $2/mo but it's on it's last legs. Still works but due to technology changes it is falling behind the times and getting harder and harder to keep going. I've thought about replacing it with something else that is being actively developed but I think most users have found their alternatives.

Just some ideas. It is pretty expensive for companies like PhotoBucket to operate on the model they were on so I can't blame them. I haven't personally checked but in reading some of the posts it seems they are quite expensive to keep hosting your images....they may have swung too far the other way if some of those prices I hear are true ;)

Steve
Loves of My Life
Van & Hudson
Benjamin & Margaret
divafran

Re: Images and how/where to host them

Post by divafran »

I can't seem to post a picture without the word "image" showing in my post. What am I doing wrong?
MG Dolls

Re: Images and how/where to host them

Post by MG Dolls »

Steve wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:06 am Since PhotoBucket started their new policy of having to pay for their service in order to share their images to 3rd party/other websites I've received a ton of PM's on what options you have. For those who have their own website it's easy enough to just upload images to it and share them. There are quite a few other image hosting sites out there that are currently free to do what PhotoBucket was offering though I don't really use any of them....I have played around with Imgur before and it gets the job done though they have in the past played with the same thing PhotoBucket is doing now. You can create in your UCP if you have not done so already a gallery where you can upload images too and share them.....I don't have any blocks to other websites on it. It's not full of a lot of features but will get you by in a pinch...some have also discovered that they can upload images directly while posting while using the attachment tab.

DollFan has for years had a more full featured gallery at http://www.doll-fan.com/gallery2/main.php which over time many users have subscribed to for $2/mo but it's on it's last legs. Still works but due to technology changes it is falling behind the times and getting harder and harder to keep going. I've thought about replacing it with something else that is being actively developed but I think most users have found their alternatives.

Just some ideas. It is pretty expensive for companies like PhotoBucket to operate on the model they were on so I can't blame them. I haven't personally checked but in reading some of the posts it seems they are quite expensive to keep hosting your images....they may have swung too far the other way if some of those prices I hear are true ;)

Steve
Thanks for sharing Steve, I was wondering about that myself recently as I was told that there are better options out there, pays to know more, not just one persons opinion. Thanks heaps.

* Changes to business MG Dolls - Professional Prototype Artist Melissa George *
Ebay member - melissageorgedolls https://www.ebay.com.au/usr/melissageorgedolls. I have one on there now. I am making dolls again and sharing on Patreon https://www.patreon.com/mgdolls. I am sharing over the course of the next few days how to do the photography without photoshop using your smart phone, I am also providing some free html's for my Patreon's along with the links to the awesome new programs I have found.

I was infiltrated and had to move away, my mental health is perfect according to the doctors,it was just the company I was keeping that was the issue. My kids live with the father mostly and there is no child abuse, that was a lie told when I left my husband by someone to gain publicity, I am not happy about it but I am moving on with my one and only love of my life, Smooth and I have never been happier. The past can stay there. I will not charge anyone, I was never going to, I am happy. Looking forward to sharing good times with you all and feeling better than ever now I learnt the truth. My new email is mgdollsbymelissagailgeorge@gmail.com :hi ya: