HELP! PLEASE!!

This section is for all our talented ladies who wish to share their OOAK gifts with others.
LINDASLITTLEBLESSINGS

HELP! PLEASE!!

Post by LINDASLITTLEBLESSINGS »

I girl asked me to do a "portrait" sculpt of her best friends baby who recently passed away. She only wants it to be around 6" long. Problem is I have no idea what to charge for it! I will make the head and limbs from clay and it will have a doe suede body. Any ideas where to start with a price?
Kirsty Black

Re: HELP! PLEASE!!

Post by Kirsty Black »

Gee I do not know hun!
I charge anywhere from $350 to $550 for custom reborns and I would think that for an OOAK Clay sculpt you would have to charge more again surely!!!!

Kirsty Black
www.rebornaustralia.com
rhonda

Post by rhonda »

I think $150 would be reasonable.
LINDASLITTLEBLESSINGS

Post by LINDASLITTLEBLESSINGS »

I think that I will go ahead and sculpt it, then give them a price, that way I can see how good it turns out first! The baby was a month or so old and the mother took a nap with it. While sleeping the baby rolled and became lodged between the wall and some pillows on the bed and suffocated! She was such a beautiful baby!
Last edited by LINDASLITTLEBLESSINGS on Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Valerie~Anne~

Post by ~Valerie~Anne~ »

LINDASLITTLEBLESSINGS wrote:I think that I will go ahead and sculpt it, then give them a price, that way I can see how good it turns out first! The baby was a month or so old and the mother took a nap with it. While sleeping the baby rolled and became lodged between the wall and some pillows on the bed and suffocated! She as such a beautiful baby!

Oh, my, that is so sad, Linda!
Emma Rose
Melsie

Post by Melsie »

:idea: There's someone on here that sculpts customs/mini customs and has done memorial babies.....dang it.....thinking.....................................................................................Oh....I think her screen name is 'J. Stocks'?? Jennifer I think is her first name? Well, not positive on the first name, but I am on the screen name. She has a website with stuff she's done, you may want to talk to her, she's a very nice lady.

Hugs,
Melissa
LornaO

Post by LornaO »

Linda, I do Memory Babies also. I charge the moms $350.00. I just don't have it in my heart to charge them more than that. I have done about 5 or 6 babies now. So, I think just about around that price is good.

Hugz,
Lorna
LINDASLITTLEBLESSINGS wrote:I girl asked me to do a "portrait" sculpt of her best friends baby who recently passed away. She only wants it to be around 6" long. Problem is I have no idea what to charge for it! I will make the head and limbs from clay and it will have a doe suede body. Any ideas where to start with a price?