Why so few posts on DF????

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
cookielover

Why so few posts on DF????

Post by cookielover »

Every day I look in on DF at various times of the day. There are very few posts showing -- even when I have made a post. WHY??????? Ruth
Love is not defined by what the other can give you, but who they allow you to be.
Tracy Lorraine

Re: Why so few posts on DF????

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

Everyone is on Facebook now.
suebabygirl

Post by suebabygirl »

Such a pity! I miss all the OOAK and silicones that use to be for sale here. I loved our little community on doll-fan. Ladies pls continue to post your "for sales" here and post when you can.

I just put two OOAK babies up for sale in the OOAK section.
cookielover

Post by cookielover »

That is too bad - one of my 4 sisters just got off of facebook because one of the other sister's account was hacked and disgusting political videos were sent out under that sister's name. I feel so much safer here. Ruth
Love is not defined by what the other can give you, but who they allow you to be.
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

I am not on Facebook much anymore myself and to be perfectly honest I won't buy off of Facebook, plus it is gotten crummy there.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
Klynn17

Post by Klynn17 »

I'm not on Facebook either. I'm not a big fan of it. I love DF much better. I would love to see more activity on here as well.
suebabygirl

Post by suebabygirl »

I don't like Facebook and never have. People posting pictures of their meals, their mutts and their mansions. Way too much politics and gossip. I stand by doll-fan!
kd

Post by kd »

suebabygirl wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:45 pm I don't like Facebook and never have. People posting pictures of their meals, their mutts and their mansions. Way too much politics and gossip. I stand by doll-fan!
Ha, yeah they do. LOL. :D
cookielover

Post by cookielover »

So sounds like we all need to increase our activity on DF and keep it what it is - a nice easy safe place to talk with friends about dolls. Stay safe! Ruth
cookielover

Post by cookielover »

I posted the above comment at 10:30 last night and when I looked just now - 8:30 am -- it was NOT on the comments. Who ever manages DF should make sure that comments show up longer than 10 hours in the middle of the night. It makes it appear that there is no interest - when I think there is. Take a look Steve!
Pat in Alabama

Post by Pat in Alabama »

I agree. The for sale post also disappear very quickly. There is never a second page of them to go look at again.
Wishing you a blessed day.
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

I think posts that are older than 30 days get automatically deleted. The sold posts get deleted quickly. Not sure what you are talking about Ruth I see all the same comments on your post today. Plus if posts have little or no interest I think they get deleted after a time.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

I am on facebook but would never buy dolls on there. I much prefer this forum. I do wish it was more active here.
Hugs,
Nadia

cookielover

Post by cookielover »

OK --- it is now 5:30 pm in California and I just came on the site and there are only 2 new postings -- both made since about 3 p.m which means anything posted earlier today has been scrubbed. Why???????? There were some conversations going on and now they are only on our individual posts which we would then have to comment on to activate.
cookielover

Post by cookielover »

It is now 7:30 p.m. and I just checked again --- there are NO new postings... again I want to know why?
cookielover

Post by cookielover »

It is now 11 p.m. and no new posts
cookielover

Post by cookielover »

It is right after above post and it shows as a new post.
Sandra

Post by Sandra »

There are lots of posts on DollFan but they don't all show up if you look at the board via the quick link "Unread Posts" section.

I'm not sure exactly how that works but that only shows 3 posts for me at the moment, whereas if I click on "Board Index" there are currently 4 sections with red circles at the side indicating unread posts.

I always navigate the board via "Board Index" at the top and then go into the different sections if there is a red circle indicating there are new posts. I find it's easier not to miss things that way.

Hope this helps.
Hugs, Sandra
cookielover

Post by cookielover »

Thank you for the suggestions - I have always just looked at "new posts" -- will change and see if it is an improvement. Thanks again for your help. Ruth
Annette

Post by Annette »

I am on Facebook, but only to see what’s happening in my own family. Lolol. And to buy my LM’s. So far, so good.

Doll-Fan is friendlier, more fun, and NO POLITICS! Well, most of the time anyway, lol. And it feels much safer for sales and purchases than over there. There are so many scammers and people making illegal copies of our artist dolls and kits, that it’s taking the pleasure out of trying to find a new baby, or sell one. Everyone over there wants “safety” photos, and there’s no trust anymore. So, I will try and buy my babies from here, from people I know, but the ads are getting pretty sparse here now. :(

We need to get things moving here again. :wink:
Hugs Annette