Help please! Question for artists!

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Deb17

Help please! Question for artists!

Post by Deb17 »

Hi everyone!

I just got a new baby from a wonderful artist. She sent me pictures while she was making him and i guess my computer wasn't very true to life because he looked a little pale and I asked her to make him pinker. The next set of pictures she sent look wonderful but when I got him he was much much too red. She is a wonderful, talented artist and it was my misjudgement to ask for him pinker. She has offered to do some blue/purple layers to tone down the red but said that she doesn't know if it will work. My question is- can the blue/purple layers make him worse? I want to be very clear that this was my lack of judgement and not at all the artist's fault. Thanks ladies!
georgeanne

Re: Help please! Question for artists!

Post by georgeanne »

My concern would be if she's sealed the baby how will the washes react to being painted over the medium she used to seal your baby. I've not done it myself, so I have no experience doing it. Did you ask her if she has ever attempted it before?
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
Deb17

Post by Deb17 »

I don't think she has because she said she doesn't know if it will work. I hope someone can shed some light on this for me. I can't afford to lose the money on this. Thanks
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

If you check on FB there are reborning groups that you might ask. Someone will mostly likely be able to give you a knowledgeable answer.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland